PDA

View Full Version : Late F motor builder for sale CHEAP!

Uncle Ben
10-29-2005, 09:00 AM
Subject line says it all. I have a 73ish F builder that is mostly complete ready to be delivered to YOU! If you have a nice boat and really want it to stay put in the lake here is the anchor you were looking for! :D

Rzeppa
10-29-2005, 02:05 PM
LOL! I have my complete original 3/71 on a stand waiting to be built, plus a 72 short block on another stand for parts. Already gave away the head to Jerry Nichols, the oil filler to Phil Simmons (RIP) and the pan to Ige. Anybody wants to take this engine off Kevin's hands (or garage as the case may be) I have a bunch of F parts lying around.

Speaking of building Fs, the only reason I would rebuild mine is because I already have it on the stand and am pretty sure all it needs is rings, bearings and the usual machine work. Otherwise I'd do up a 2F, with the better oiling, larger displacement and easier parts availability. Which brings me to a question about building Fs: Does anyone know of sources for F build parts such as rings and bearings other than SOR? I already have gaskets up the gazoo, but Joe Calleja was asking me if I knew where to get pistons and such.

Romer
10-29-2005, 02:50 PM
When I was getting bearings for a 2F, Western Engine Supply in the North part of town had them. They may have parts for an F.

Uncle Ben
10-31-2005, 11:53 AM
Speak up now if you want to store....errrr....aaaaa...get this engine! Headed to Blakes this week if not! :(

wesintl
10-31-2005, 11:58 AM
Does anyone have a 4 bolt to 2 bolt carb manifold adaptor...

treerootCO
10-31-2005, 12:42 PM
landpimp uses one...

Rzeppa
10-31-2005, 08:28 PM
Does anyone have a 4 bolt to 2 bolt carb manifold adaptor...Wes, what is it you are wanting to adapt? I have early 70s vintage extra manifolds and carbs lying around.

wesintl
11-01-2005, 08:19 AM
I'd take UB motor but I don't want to start looking for the "rest" of the pieces to make it work. air cleaner and linkages are the biggest. There was a point that toyota used the larger alum intake and had a 1 barrell on it. This would allow sticking with the oil bath air cleaner. I guess I could have one machined but again I don't really want to cobble everything together. I was hoping to keep this as close to a resto as possible. Finding a decent simese motor isn't easy. I think I could use up to a 3/69 engine which would make things a whole lot easier.

Rzeppa
11-01-2005, 08:47 AM
I believe I also have an extra air cleaner housing. Not sure how different the early 1BBL linkage is from the early 2BBL cable linkage though.

Rzeppa
11-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Oh, almost forgot to mention...you may want to check with Bruce Westlund about the siamese parts.