PDA

View Full Version : New Toyota Owner Moving to Colorado

71cruiserkid
05-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Hey,

I'm moving to Colorado (Golden?) from Vermont, by the end of the summer, and I am looking for some local clubs. I came across this one, and it looked pretty decent. So I'm just introducing myself and hopefully I can join in the next couple of months. (I'm reading the requirements now)

I have a 1971 Fj-40, nothing special it runs good :D and it's stock. I bought it last summer and been learning since (thank you IH8MUD!!) I'm slowly saving up for a "rebuild" of the cruiser. My goal is to start next summer). Pics will come soon!

Thanks A Lot
John

Convert
05-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Welcome John look forward to seeing you at a meeting:thumb:

nakman
05-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Welcome John, you driving that 40 out from Vermont?

71cruiserkid
05-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Welcome John, you driving that 40 out from Vermont?

yup.:thumb:

nuclearlemon
05-28-2007, 11:02 PM
sweet :thumb:

Hulk
05-28-2007, 11:39 PM
See you soon! :D

Ron Helmuth
05-29-2007, 10:53 AM
take it easy getting out here-those dull miles in Kansas and Nebraska may wear you out....I would not relish that drive without AirC.

ahhh to be that young again.....

71cruiserkid
05-29-2007, 02:53 PM
take it easy getting out here-those dull miles in Kansas and Nebraska may wear you out....I would not relish that drive without AirC.

ahhh to be that young again.....

Haha thanks for the encouragement.

wesintl
05-29-2007, 02:55 PM
I still remember that. 3 days in a 40 is the reason it's not back out here.

Good luck. Look forward to seeing you at a meeting or on the trail!

Man Jerk
05-29-2007, 03:37 PM

Those miles are easy compared to eastern Colorado. At least for me every time I drive back and forth to Minnesota those are the worst miles.

71cruiserkid
05-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Here are some pics, pretty basic and nothing special but here it is:
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/3862/img0838jx3.jpg

This is it now, I'm doing some needed body work and interior work(don't worry about the bondo you see, only temporary)

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/484/img0174bk2.jpg

Thats it for now

Inukshuk
05-29-2007, 05:13 PM
To join Rising Sun you must bring real VT Maple Syrup for every member.....

nakman
05-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Those miles are easy compared to eastern Colorado. At least for me every time I drive back and forth to Minnesota those are the worst miles.

I agree, I actually think most of Nebraska is kind of pretty.. but those miles between like Ft. Morgan and the CO/Neb border on 76 are the worst.

corsair23
05-29-2007, 06:01 PM
I agree, I actually think most of Nebraska is kind of pretty.. but those miles between like Ft. Morgan and the CO/Neb border on 76 are the worst.

Someone just messed up drawing the state borders YEARS ago...Everything east of Limon is really KS/NE :hill:

And to John, aka 71cruiserkid, welcome :thumb:, and make sure you read the post about bringing VT maple syrup :D. Oh, and if you happen to be going through South Hero VT and taking the ferry into Burlington NY let me know. I've got a shopping list of stuff you could pick up for me at the Green Frog in VT :cool:

71cruiserkid
05-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Haha cosair23 i'll keep you posted if I am.

As for maple syrup, we got lots of it, and my families local supplier is a pretty nice guy so i'll see what I can do haha

Bobzooki
05-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi John,

First, let me say that Rising Sun may be the very best club in Colorado. As a Suzuki driver, I have been well received, and the people here really are incredible. Second, because your 40 is GREEN, there is a special clause in the club by-laws that states:

Potential Applicants from Vermont, driving Green vehicles, must also provide extra-sharp Vermont white cheddar cheese, in addition to the previously mentioned Maple Syrup.

Uncle Ben
05-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Outcasts such as Bob are welcomed because we accept bribes! Plus you put Nakman and Bob on the same trail it turns the whole day into "dinner and a show!" :lmao: :lmao: :thumb: :hill:

Hi John,

First, let me say that Rising Sun may be the very best club in Colorado. As a Suzuki driver, I have been well received, and the people here really are incredible. Second, because your 40 is GREEN, there is a special clause in the club by-laws that states:

Potential Applicants from Vermont, driving Green vehicles, must also provide extra-sharp Vermont white cheddar cheese, in addition to the previously mentioned Maple Syrup.