PDA

View Full Version : May 29 2007 Hail Storm!

MDH33
05-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Holy Hail Storm Batman! :eek:

I put the soft top through a hail storm test today and it survived~ ! :)

Two inches of gumball sized hail that fell within 15 minutes in Golden today. Ouch! Plus ALOT of rain.

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/157480325-M.jpg

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/157480451-M.jpg

The 40 did well. My garden, However, is a total disaster after the hail storm moved on to Denver. All of my greens and tomatoes are decimated. :(

Have to love Colorado weather...

treerootCO
05-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Something came through here as well. There are drifts of hail that haven't melted yet. Everywhere else has standing water.

Red_Chili
05-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Downtown was a mess. Glad I got dibs on the insurance adjuster!

acon40
05-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Where did you get that soft top from?

treerootCO
05-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Where did you get that soft top from?

Pakistan

acon40
05-29-2007, 09:30 PM
is that the link on mud....is the order still going? Or sources for it?

nuclearlemon
05-29-2007, 10:32 PM

should be the same as the link on mud. you'd have to hit up there to find out if the order is going. what happens is a bunch of folks all get together via mud, all order and pay at the same time, so eshan sends everything together to one port and someone near that port ships everything out to everyone else.

fwiw, i don't regret my purchase from him at all. i got one of the first tops and it's been well worth the money i spent.

Romer
05-30-2007, 03:33 AM
Hmm, weather is nice here in Sydney. :D

MDH33
05-30-2007, 09:02 AM

There is a current group order being put together on MUD and a cople other in the process. Here's the link for the current one:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=150688

I think this one is closing in a day or two, so better hurry.

The orders have been taking about a year to process.

The top I have is an older vinyl one as well. The new ones are supposed to be a different and better type of vinyl, also available in canvas.

Search Mud for Pakistan, or Ehsan and you'll find lots of info.

:cheers:

MDH33
05-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Hmm, weather is nice here in Sydney. :D

~jealous~ :)

The weather here has been great, Memorial Day weekend was 80's and sunny. One day later and the sky opens and lays waste to my yard. soo bummed. I not only lost all my veggies, but lots of other plants in the yard are done for the year as well. Looks like someone came through with a giant shredder.. :(

Inukshuk
05-30-2007, 03:25 PM
The soft top on my VW Thing is now a cheese grater! :(

MDH33
05-30-2007, 04:20 PM

:eek: :doh:

That's a drag man, sorry the thing didn't fare as well. I was pretty tempted to head for the nearest car wash to pull in and hang out under the overhang. :hill:

Hulk
05-30-2007, 10:52 PM

Wow, that sucks. Can you get an easy replacement, or will it need to be custom built?

Post some pictures of your VW Thing! I know there are a few VW enthusiasts on here! I always wanted to buy a VW Thing.

Inukshuk
05-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Tops are not difficult to get but quality varies greatly and as you know, installing it to a 35 year old top frame raises a host of issues. I have comprehensive and have filed an insurance claim, but my deductible is $500 :( . I can order a complete top with frame from the Thing Shop in Arizona for $1,177 + shipping. A top alone is $495 (they range from $350 to $700) plus shipping, installation parts alone are $75. I probably cannot replace mine without a new header bow (the part above the windscreen) which is $275 and must be welded in, etc, etc, etc. SO I really hope :bowdown: State Farm approves the complete top & frame because that is easy :thumb: to install. I'll do photos later.

D