PDA

View Full Version : ebay question

treerootCO
05-30-2007, 04:34 PM
It all comes down to bidding what you are willing to pay for an item but.....as a buyer/bidder, is there something satisfying about seeing your bid at the top? If the names are visible I might bid once just so the mud members can see I am interested but I don't bid just to drive the price up.

Don't get me wrong, as a seller, it is great to get a few yahoos bidding the price up just so they can see their bids register.

Uncle Ben
05-30-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm a sniper and I'm proud of it! I have scored some great deals by knowing the max I'm willing to pay and bidding in the last 20 seconds of the auction! You have to play the game by the rules established by the other players!

RockRunner
05-30-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm a sniper and I'm proud of it! I have scored some great deals by knowing the max I'm willing to pay and bidding in the last 20 seconds of the auction! You have to play the game by the rules established by the other players!

I'm with you, everyone has access to the same tools. Some of us are just willing to use them and pay for them. you can get some great deals that way.

MDH33
05-30-2007, 04:56 PM

I'm with you, everyone has access to the same tools. Some of us are just willing to use them and pay for them. you can get some great deals that way.

X3 :)

esnipe.com all the way. I don't even bother getting tied up in bidding wars anymore. I think it's mostly people new to Ebay that you see bidding. The veteran all wait until the last few seconds. ;)

nuclearlemon
05-30-2007, 05:35 PM
if no one's bid, i'll put the first bid in early to let those that honor the 'don't bid against friends' code know i'm interested. i know root's bowed out of a few things because i've had bids up there first.

of course as soon as it's past where i'm willing to go, i tell him to go for it. i wish i knew more users though. seems a lot of people use different names on ebay than the forums.

nakman
05-30-2007, 05:56 PM
if no one's bid, i'll put the first bid in early to let those that honor the 'don't bid against friends' code know i'm interested. i know root's bowed out of a few things because i've had bids up there first.

of course as soon as it's past where i'm willing to go, i tell him to go for it. i wish i knew more users though. seems a lot of people use different names on ebay than the forums.

I know I do, got into Ebay a long time before forums, didn't even think to link the user names. It was cool when a lot of us were looking at Scion head units, for example, we had a thread going in the member's only section where we pretty much identified each and every radio, then who was bidding on it. Not so easy on mud since you don't know everyone and your risk of alerting someone else to bid against you goes up. But at least you can keep your own dang club from bidding against you! :thumb:

And I'm a sniper all the way.. last 3-5 seconds is the only bid I'll do.

corsair23
05-30-2007, 06:24 PM
As a buyer...Sniping is the game, but I do it the old fashioned way. Just bid my max in the last 5 secs and hope for the best :)

As a seller, you are hoping the noobs show up early and often :thumb:

As to treeroot's question about having your "name" show up...Not for me but few people recognize me anyway :hill:. And that day may come to an end in eBay if they move everything over to the "Bidder 1", "Bidder 2" system like they have with high $$ items.

Nick F.
05-30-2007, 10:39 PM
X3 :)

esnipe.com all the way. I don't even bother getting tied up in bidding wars anymore. I think it's mostly people new to Ebay that you see bidding. The veteran all wait until the last few seconds. ;)

I'm all about e-snipe. I do all of my bidding that way. I can never go back:D

Hulk
05-30-2007, 10:49 PM
I've been using Auction Sniper (http://www.auctionsniper.com/?how=extraugly) for years. Click on the link at left to sign up -- you'll get a bunch of free snipes, and I'll get a few too. I have mine set to swoop in at 4 seconds to close.

Never thought about the user name issues on ebay. I have a couple of usernames -- my original one became my wife's, so now I have a second username. Neither of them are "Hulk." :(

nuclearlemon
05-31-2007, 08:53 AM
how about everyone listing their user names so we know who we all are?

i'm ige68 (pretty easy to figure out ;) )

treerootCO
05-31-2007, 09:00 AM

i'm ige68 (pretty easy to figure out ;) ) http://myworld.ebay.com/ige68

treerootCO :D

http://myworld.ebay.com/treerootco/

Uncle Ben
05-31-2007, 09:45 AM

Rockntoyman :thumb:

Uncle Ben
05-31-2007, 09:51 AM
I've been using Auction Sniper (http://www.auctionsniper.com/?how=extraugly) for years. Click on the link at left to sign up -- you'll get a bunch of free snipes, and I'll get a few too. I have mine set to swoop in at 4 seconds to close.

Never thought about the user name issues on ebay. I have a couple of usernames -- my original one became my wife's, so now I have a second username. Neither of them are "Hulk." :(

Extraugly? Seems representative at least! :p: :hill:

Hulk
05-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I usually go by extraugly on ebay. My other ID is lumpynoogin, but my wife mostly uses that one.

Shark Bait
05-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Extraugly? Seems representative at least! :p: :hill:

Here's why: www.extraugly.com

Uncle Ben
05-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Here's why: www.extraugly.com

:eek: :brick:

corsair23
05-31-2007, 12:33 PM

NO way...You'll never figure mine out! :hill:

Oh wait, I'm corsair23 everywhere :doh:

Hulk
05-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Here's why: www.extraugly.com (http://www.extraugly.com)

The nicer ones are at www.robotcow.com (http://www.robotcow.com/).

treerootCO
06-03-2007, 09:59 AM
9 hours left...