PDA

View Full Version : Truck - o - dirt

acon40
05-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Hey guys, well I am working on the landscape of my first home and have come to terms that I need a large amount of dirt. Atleast one of those mini dump trucks. So what is a good place to go to here in the Louisville metro area and what are the charges? I need the soil for where I plan to plant flowers and the sort....any ideas?

RockRunner
05-31-2007, 11:52 AM
No idea on cost but the people at Silver crown I believe have always done well by us. They have one on South Sante Fe by the Murdochs and also one up north in your area. If I remember right they charged $25 to deliver a large load of river rock for us last year, I am sure that they are charging more for that same service now.

I would just hit the yellow pages and let your fingers do the walking, I found most of them to have about the same price. It all depends on service and quality of the product for us, I will pay some more for convience and quality.

nakman
05-31-2007, 12:39 PM
That Pioneer Sand & gravel out on 287 & Dillon Road is where I usually go.. they do free delivery if you buy enough of it, otherwise it's typically $50 or so. If you're only getting a couple yards, then you just go in and then fill your truck/trailer there and they'll load it for you. I've got a utility trailer you can borrow if you want, holds ~2000 pounds.

And if you're getting it delivered the they'll have to put it in a pile in your driveway, they won't dump in the street. Which means you get to move it.. in which case I'd suggest going to the rental center and renting one of those Dingo's. It's like a snow blower but with a bucket in front. Cost was 3 hours for ~$100, I moved 6 TONS of gravel with one of those things in under 2 hours, and it was fun to do pretty much the whole time. That would have taken me all weekend with a wheel barrow and I would have been sore for a week after..

Uncle Ben
05-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Since you're my Northside neighbor I suggest deciding how much dirt ya need and give me a PM. I can haul 5 yards at a time if its dry and 4 yards if it's wet or rock. Fill dirt is cheap at Pioneer.

http://md-discgolf.com/forum/images/smiles/BIG_party.gif
NORTHSIDE RULES! :D

acon40
05-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks guys, I will go check them out.....and might take you up on the trailer. Where do you live about. Might want to check the 80 out since I am torn between a 80 or new FJ. Need to make up my mind soon.

nakman
05-31-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm at the top of the hill on 287 in Broomfield... shoot me a PM.

Uncle Ben
05-31-2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks guys, I will go check them out.....and might take you up on the trailer. Where do you live about. Might want to check the 80 out since I am torn between a 80 or new FJ. Need to make up my mind soon.

Have dumptruck can burn diesel....;)