PDA

View Full Version : Any one know John Davis

powderpig
10-31-2005, 03:00 PM
This is a man that may still work for United airline in mechanics. It is some one that has toyota's and work on them. I tried a old e-mail bluecrush4x4@email.com and his address is no longer working. He makes a really wonderful diff holder for doing regears and this was the only contact I had. If some one knows how to get ahold of him that would be wonderful. thanks robbie

Uncle Ben
10-31-2005, 04:34 PM
This is a man that may still work for United airline in mechanics. It is some one that has toyota's and work on them. I tried a old e-mail bluecrush4x4@email.com and his address is no longer working. He makes a really wonderful diff holder for doing regears and this was the only contact I had. If some one knows how to get ahold of him that would be wonderful. thanks robbie

Called ya....

Rzeppa
10-31-2005, 09:39 PM
Mike Casky had an awesome bench-mounted home made diff holder at ORS. When we were there for the packing party earlier this year we used it to rebuild mine. I was impressed with how easy it would be to make one like it, and how utilitarian it was. All you need is a strong bench, and simple fab tools, nothing fancy.

Red_Chili
11-01-2005, 08:58 AM
I took an old minitruck axle housing and cut it up, welded a little here, welded a little there....

Here's what I got out of the deal:
1) Diff holder that mounts in a vise using three studs, with a plate for backlash measurement
2) axle jig for putting in a press to press off the axle bearings for replacement
3) bearing jig for pressing on the new bearings.

Works pretty well. Just ask Brian/Jake/SeldomSeen.

'Course, now that I have floaters I won't be using the jigs except as means of obtaining beer and/or pizza...

You can usually find the pre-86 minitruck axles fairly cheap because the 86-on are more desirable (wider).

powderpig
11-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Uncle Ben had the numbers i Needed. I got a bench built and painted with one part epoxy floor paint. Have a vise and will have the diff holder soon. I have not been to mikes shop in a long time, but I also do not have a welder at this time. Some day soon. Thanks for thoughts and great Ideas. later robbie

Rzeppa
11-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Robbie, you're welcome to use my MIG any time you want.