PDA

View Full Version : Winch cable...Who wants it?

corsair23
06-04-2007, 02:07 PM
With the meeting coming up I remember some folks stating they may want some old winch line cable...

So....I've got the old winch line cable that came off my XD9000 that I'd like to see go bye-bye. IIRC it is 100' of 5/16th cable with one boogered (flat/squished) spot toward one end (the reason for replacement).

Let me know and I'll bring it to the meeting Wednesday. I'll even put it in a box for you :hill:

Uncle Ben
06-04-2007, 02:09 PM
With the meeting coming up I remember some folks stating they may want some old winch line cable...

So....I've got the old winch line cable that came off my XD9000 that I'd like to see go bye-bye. IIRC it is 100' of 5/16th cable with one boogered (flat/squished) spot toward one end (the reason for replacement).

Let me know and I'll bring it to the meeting Wednesday. I'll even put it in a box for you :hill:

I think that project is long over.

wesintl
06-04-2007, 02:36 PM
I might be interested in it. I have to replace the cable on the pto of my 64. I'll have to look and see what size it takes. Although I'll probably never use it. The cable on the 64 is original.

corsair23
06-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Project? Oh yeah, Matt's project at CSM IIRC right?

No, this was after that I'm just too lazy to dig through and remember what post it was on that disposal of old winch cable was discussed. I think Matt even mentioned the stuff he had left over from his project.

Wes, let me know and I'll bring it to the meeting or drop it off to you. I've got some more mags for you as well that I'll bring to the meeting (assuming you still want them).

subzali
06-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Yep, the project's over with (yes!).

But I still have some cable left over and I know a couple people wanted some, so I was going to get on that in the next couple of days too.

wesintl
10-22-2007, 05:17 PM
anyone want this.. It's likely to be in my garage longer than Jeff's and I'm not getting around to it's use anytime soon.

Uncle Ben
10-22-2007, 05:22 PM
anyone want this.. It's likely to be in my garage longer than Jeff's and I'm not getting around to it's use anytime soon.

I have another one you can give away Wes... ;)

wesintl
10-22-2007, 08:02 PM
I'll bring it to the meeting for you ;) thanks UB. :thumb:

nakman
10-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey I'll take it all, if no one else needs it. Is there a way to braid two lines together, so that you don't leave a big bump? Visions include a zip line and rope tow.... :ranger:

Uncle Ben
10-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Hey I'll take it all, if no one else needs it. Is there a way to braid two lines together, so that you don't leave a big bump? Visions include a zip line and rope tow.... :ranger:

Mine is 3/8"

corsair23
10-22-2007, 11:28 PM

Well, you've got to hold on to it for another 4 1/2 years first to beat me Wes :hill: