PDA

View Full Version : EarthRoamer - this Saturday

Maddmatt
06-05-2007, 10:50 AM
This Saturday Rocky Mountain Airport (the tarmac formerly known as Jeffco) will be hosting their annual open house. It's a free event (bring the kids!) and you'll have the chance to see all sorts of aircraft and purchase (I assume) hotdogs and other junk food. More information can be found here: www.rockymountainairportopenhouse.com

We'll be there with both EarthRoamers, the LT and the JP, both just returned from a 41 day, 9500 mile, 19 border crossings Central American expedition. More information on those can be found here: www.earthroamer.com

So come by and say hi, I'll be there handing out flyers and keeping kids out of the electronics.

EDIT: This event runs until 4:00, so there is plenty of time to clean up Argentine Pass, and then come see the airplanes and EarthRoamers.
-Matt

Mendocino
07-25-2010, 03:55 PM
I know I'm reviving an old thread:o; however I got to check out an EarthRoamer up close and personal this weekend at a friend's ranch west of Vail. They are very cool, however way too expensive for my taste.

chtucker
07-26-2010, 09:53 AM
I "think" they are out of business?

powderpig
07-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Reopened in a new location, but I do not know where.

60wag
07-26-2010, 08:07 PM
I got a cook's tour of the place when they were still in Broomfield. Interesting stuff but the granite counter tops and stainless appliances kinda turned me off. I like clever creations that are brutally functional. If the style can be integrated smoothly, cool. If the style reflects trendy fashions in upscale kitchens, meh.

There must be a market somewhere below the cost of the Earthroamers that would support a expedition vehicle.