PDA

View Full Version : Thin Walled Tubing?

Shark Bait
06-07-2007, 05:39 PM
I have an 11' Market umbrella with a 2", 2-piece pole with a swivel connector. The connector broke. The cam is OK, it broke from the lower tubing section and even after re-attached it, it broke again pretty much right away. So I was thinking I'd try and find some thin walled tubing to replace the junction. The pole has been turned down to 1.78", or something. I'll have to measure exactly. The original diameter is 1.92". Where can I get some thin walled tubing? I think the original part is brass plated, but the replacement doesn't have to be.

Or does anyone know where I could get a new swivel junction for my umbrella? :D

TIA

Uncle Ben
06-07-2007, 09:17 PM
I have an 11' Market umbrella with a 2", 2-piece pole with a swivel connector. The connector broke. The cam is OK, it broke from the lower tubing section and even after re-attached it, it broke again pretty much right away. So I was thinking I'd try and find some thin walled tubing to replace the junction. The pole has been turned down to 1.78", or something. I'll have to measure exactly. The original diameter is 1.92". Where can I get some thin walled tubing? I think the original part is brass plated, but the replacement doesn't have to be.

Or does anyone know where I could get a new swivel junction for my umbrella? :D

TIA

Home Depot sells both thin wall and aluminum tubing. How about using chain link fence poles?

Shark Bait
06-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Home Depot sells both thin wall and aluminum tubing. How about using chain link fence poles?

I'll check there. The fit probably needs to be pretty tight so the thing doesn't wobble. And the collar for the spars of the umbrella frame need to clear the connector. There's some room there. Thanks. :thumb:

Beater
06-07-2007, 10:38 PM
you can use sched 40 pipe. I've done it before when my last one broke...