PDA

View Full Version : Well now...

Red_Chili
06-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Last time I got a meaningful response from a Senator was Ben Nighthorse-Campbell regarding the closure of FDT1135 trail... well, this one beats that all to heck.

In March I emailed Sen. Salazar about Boulder Wagon Road and Rollins Pass, citing the need to have these wonderful areas preserved as historic routes, open (with strict controls) to 4x4 access, and with interpretive markers, signs and engraved photos of the railroad and people of the area. This would be in cooperation with the USFS, the Rollins Pass Restoration Association, and the Rollinsville Historical Society that just got started, as well as Gilpin and Grand counties (and Boulder county if they ever see the light). I also stressed the need for increased funding for the USFS land management and trails budgets.

I just got a great phone call from Michael Amodeo with Ken Salazar's office. Sen. Salazar is responsive to my concerns about forest funding, including wildfire management, and is interested in environmentally responsible projects that allow access for those who can't hike for a week to see these wonderful sights, and which are sustainable, and was very interested in our restoration work at Yankee Doodle Lake.

I look forward to further conversations. Now howz 'bout THEM apples?

treerootCO
06-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Very cool! Thank you Bill for all you have done for us.

nakman
06-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Wow, well done! what a huge step in the right direction..

wesintl
06-12-2007, 01:44 PM
in my best borat impression.. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :)

corsair23
06-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Very :cool:

Especially to actually get a phone call instead of the typical canned letter response!

Uncle Ben
06-12-2007, 02:06 PM
All bow..... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bill:

That's very cool Bill! Lets hope it's real and not just some political psycho babble!

Hulk
06-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Wow, very awesome. I think the club is willing to support this in any way needed to make it happen.

Shark Bait
06-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Sweet. :thumb: Way to go Bill! :woot:

MDH33
06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
That's awesome! :thumb:

I hope there will be some follow-up and action to make something happen.

Thanks for taking the initiative Bill.

:cheers:

nuclearlemon
06-12-2007, 03:25 PM
SWEET!!!! you da man!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: we're not worthy :bowdown: :bowdown:

Kipper
06-12-2007, 03:37 PM
hiiiiiigh fiiiiive

Red_Chili
06-13-2007, 07:03 AM
[snort]
All I did was write a letter. As with a shotgun cottontail hunting, sometimes ya get lucky!
Of course, no guarantees, but we are on Sen. Salazar's radar.

Next meeting if y'all think about it, remind me to tell you a little story about goose migration and chaos theory. Really.

Romer
06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Nice Job Bill.