PDA

View Full Version : My FJ62 - Vandalized!

admin
11-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Yesterday, parked right in front of Regis University on Lowell, in broad daylight (between 9-5), my 62 was broken into and vandalized. I walked up to the truck and my toolbox was sitting in the driver's seat. I thought to myself, "that's funny, one of my friends or my wife must have really needed to borrow a tool from me today". After I unlocked the door and looked inside, that was clearly not the case. They had jimmied the lock on the passenger side, the dash was torn apart (!@#$%)images/icons/icon13.gif, but oddly enough, they didn't take anything. The face plate was on the floorboard, and the stereo was installed well enough that there was no way in hell they were getting it out, my poor dash was used as a leverage point is several places and the arb switch was hanging. What's funny is that they had to reach over my $$$ torque wrench in it's case, and nice socket set to grab my toolbox to see if there was anything of value in it, which if you've seen the toolbox in my truck, you know there's not. These were clearly amateurs that have never used tools before or had to buy them otherwise I'd be in the market for a new socket set and torque wrench.

I popped the faceplate back on and listen to the radio all the way home. I'm just pissed that I'm going to have to replace the dash/cluster piece.

-kipper

Kipper
11-04-2005, 10:35 AM
oops, posted with the wrong username.

treerootCO
11-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Makes me sick thinking about it.... (the truck, not the user name ;) )

wesintl
11-04-2005, 10:44 AM
:mad: Sucks... At least they got fed up and didn't take anything. Sucks about the dash..

Uncle Ben
11-04-2005, 11:16 AM
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR FREAKING BASTIDS! I have anger management issues when it comes to theives/vandals!!! Lowest life form on the planet! :mad: Sorry Kipper, that really sucks!

leiniesred
11-04-2005, 12:33 PM
We had an employee's avalanch drive away early in October. eventually it was recovered sans cool stuff.

Then, on Oct. 31st, 4 cars, including mine, were broken into in the middle of the afternoon. 1 was stolen. It was recovered yesterday.

Since my top just unsnaps, they didn't break my window, but silly me, I had left my faceplate on my radio. They took that. Opened the glovebox, but found out is it mostly my trash can.

I know they are coming back for the rest of the radio that they could not get out due to the 16 gauge plate around it.

I added a 2 way alarm, but it doesn't go through all the building.

I also added some home security features to the truck.

Also, Lakewood police will etch your vin onto your glass for free.

There is also the WATCHMYCAR program in colorado. You sign up, they send you a sticker and the cops are free to pull your truck over without just cause between the hours of 3 and 5 AM when you probably are not out driving it, but someone else might be.

My employer is offering a great deal on LOJACK too in lieu of the events last week.

Thieves suck. I vote for a "we still hang horsethieves" car theft rule in Colorado.
Do you know what Lakewood police said when the owner of the avalanche told them his car was stolen? "What do you want US to do about it?" DUH!

Uncle Ben
11-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Thieves suck. I vote for a "we still hang horsethieves" car theft rule in Colorado.

You think too nicely. I am all for a gunny sack party!!! :cool: Then you can hang 'em! But first let them tell thier friends about the great party! :eek: NO TOLERANCE TOWARDS THEIVES!!!! :mad:

treerootCO
11-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Good thing they didn't find the extra key you keep in the seatbelt latch :D

PabloCruise
11-04-2005, 02:45 PM

OMG that is too funny not to laugh at - even in light of present circumstances...

Kipper - anything Regis does, any cameras or tape you can look at?

That sucks!!!

nakman
11-04-2005, 03:56 PM
That sucks, Kipper, sorry to hear this. So that makes 3 RS members hit by thieves/vandals in a week? yikes...

Convert
11-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Sorry to hear that Kipper I know how you feel :mad:

nuclearlemon
11-04-2005, 08:20 PM
find them, kill them, drag them home and stick them inside your house and tell the cops they broke in and were attacking you. :D

really wish that would work. i wonder, if you lived in your car, could you get away with the make my day law since it's your home?

PabloCruise
11-05-2005, 11:07 AM
OR find them and ask if they want to go 4 wheeling. Tie them to the bumper and drag them...

Hulk
11-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Beat them with a torque wrench until bloody. Then slowly grind the shards of tempered glass into their faces with the heel of your boot.

Shootings too good for theives. Not enough suffering.

Sorry to hear about the break-in, Kipper. Hell, I feel violated, and it's not even my truck!

Kipper
11-07-2005, 02:59 PM

Gee... and I thought you guys had forgotten about that.... :D

PabloCruise
11-08-2005, 11:56 AM
What is it going to take to put her back to normal?

Insurance claim?