PDA

View Full Version : It's easy to be a web wheeler

subzali
06-25-2007, 10:04 PM
when you don't have homework to do.

when you don't have any big projects on the lineup.

when you're settling into the first full-time real-world job.

when you don't have enough money yet to actually go take your truck out after work.

when both of your trucks are actually working really well.

when you just want to relax after a day at the office.

when you spent most of the 95 plus degree day yesterday outside trying to fix the trailer wiring harness.

I just spent a couple hours looking at welders, bumpers, oil filters. Maybe in a couple weeks I'll be able to go up in the mountains with my truck. I'm getting antsy for things like the Ghost Town Run and Triple Bypass of last summer - that stuff was so much fun.

nakman
06-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Wait, haven't you always been a web wheeler? :eek:

subzali
06-26-2007, 06:11 PM
:brick:

Red_Chili
06-27-2007, 08:46 AM
when you don't have homework to do.

when you don't have any big projects on the lineup.

when you're settling into the first full-time real-world job.

When you've wadded up your truck and it is sitting half disassembled and won't be done for a month...
When you are bound and determined to have a lawn by mid-July... and you are starting with bare decomposed sandstone & clay and no sprinkler system.

subzali
06-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Okay you can't be a web wheeler if you actually get out and work on your junk right? So last night (Tue) at about sunset I decided I was going to go down and check out my truck and see if there wasn't something I could come up with to do - I was tired of being useless. So I'm walking down to the barn and I see the hardtop sitting behind the Suburban. :weld:

I run back up to my red truck, drive it down and grab the toolbox. 15 minutes later I have the fiberglass cap off and I'm carrying it back up to the garage (barn doesn't have power yet) to start cleaning it up. I've been wanting to do this for 2 1/2 years, since the day I bought the truck - clean up the headliner glue etc., repair the fiberglass damage inside and out, and repaint to at least a close rendition of factory color!

So I finished that up tonight, I think it's about ready for some fiberglass cloth and resin now :thumb: Hopefully my dad will help me since I've never worked with fiberglass before...

But the pull of the web wheelers is still feeling strong...;)