PDA

View Full Version : So Who's Getting an iPhone?

Shark Bait
06-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Not me. Just curious. My money's on Hulk. :lmao:

Hey, I was in LA Monday night when they let Paris out. :p:

Chris
06-27-2007, 10:56 PM
My iPod just died so I need a new one, maybe go with the iPhone. I'll wait for the inevitable initial bugs to be worked out though.

nuclearlemon
06-27-2007, 11:23 PM
root is.

Hulk
06-28-2007, 01:29 PM
I have Verizon for another year. Maybe next summer.

They do look cool!

corsair23
07-09-2007, 01:36 PM
My iPod just died so I need a new one, maybe go with the iPhone. I'll wait for the inevitable initial bugs to be worked out though.

Most probably saw this but there is that little issue with the battery in dem new iPhones...Apparently you can't just pop the old out and a new one in like other cell phones...For the iPhone you have to send it in, pay $80 IIRC plus shipping, and you're without a phone while they desolder the old battery out and resolder a new one in...

Thought these were supposed to be "advanced" phones :rolleyes:

treerootCO
07-09-2007, 01:41 PM
I have had mine since the day they were released. It is by far the coolest thing I have ever used. Everytime I think it doesn't do something, I find it without much thought. It is not hard to use and is very well thought out.

All I need now is this: http://www.iskin.com/ (should be available in July)

battery details: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/iphone-battery-replacement-plan-details-274282.php

flash support is almost here: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/iphone/iphone-adobe-flash-support-coming-275317.php

Rezarf
07-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Ian got one too... but he doesn't have voicemail on it yet :D;)

treerootCO
07-09-2007, 02:13 PM
I can text him though;)

Chris
07-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Most probably saw this but there is that little issue with the battery in dem new iPhones...Apparently you can't just pop the old out and a new one in like other cell phones...For the iPhone you have to send it in, pay $80 IIRC plus shipping, and you're without a phone while they desolder the old battery out and resolder a new one in...

Thought these were supposed to be "advanced" phones :rolleyes:

Funny thing about this "Big iPhone Issue" in the press is that the same hasn't been a big deal to iPod owners paying $59 for a battery replacement.

Seems like a lot of effort is being made to find a flaw. :rolleyes:

corsair23
07-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Funny thing about this "Big iPhone Issue" in the press is that the same hasn't been a big deal to iPod owners paying $59 for a battery replacement.

Seems like a lot of effort is being made to find a flaw. :rolleyes:

You are probably right...The "competition" trying to reduce the fanfare perhaps?

And based on what Mike linked to above and that the battery is good for 300-400 full charge cycles then it would seem that replacing the battery should be a long way down the road for most.

Chris
07-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Something like that or the standard news fare - negative or nothing at all. :mad:

I played with one the other day and want one. Very cool, there is no competition for it, it's far beyond anything currently available :thumb:

I'll admit I'm biased as a long time Mac guy and stockholder :D