PDA

View Full Version : Beginner advice

jeisenst
06-28-2007, 07:29 AM
I just moved from New Orleans to Denver, and switched from a camry to a 93 4runner. Can anybody recommend some nice easy trails that are suitable for a beginner? I appreciate the help!

J Kimmel
06-28-2007, 07:36 AM
run down to a bookstore and buy Charles Wells guide to Colorado 4wheeling, there are two volumes. I think they are the best books out there, tons of pictures and great descriptions to keep you busy, and the directions are actually very good! Gives you difficulty ratings, tips, etc.

Have fun!

Red_Chili
06-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Better yet, get them cheaper and better right from the publisher!
http://www.funtreks.com

You can order them spiral bound, which is much easier to use in the truck. Agreed, these are great resources.

jeisenst
06-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Just placed the order! Thanks for the help!

wesintl
06-28-2007, 09:47 AM
The massey books are pretty good too.

Slaughterhouse
Bill moore
Most of the passes are easy too weston, mosquito, shrine etc.

Tch2fly
07-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Better yet, get them cheaper and better right from the publisher!
http://www.funtreks.com

You can order them spiral bound, which is much easier to use in the truck. Agreed, these are great resources.

Wow I did not know he sold them spiral bound but got it me thinking.
For those of you that have worn copies with pages coming out or even new bound books just head over to OfficeMax.
I just got mine spiral bound for $5 and 20 minutes of my :Princess: time :D
much better :thumb:

nuclearlemon
07-14-2007, 07:01 PM
also available through the colorado association of 4wd clubs inc (hightrails.org).

for a good run, you might look into joining us on our ghost town run next weekend.

corsair23
07-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Wow I did not know he sold them spiral bound but got it me thinking.
For those of you that have worn copies with pages coming out or even new bound books just head over to OfficeMax.
I just got mine spiral bound for $5 and 20 minutes of my :Princess: time :D
much better :thumb:

Mike,

Thanks for the tip! I was about to buy the spiral bound versions (like you I did not know you could get them spiral bound and just purchased a new book two weeks ago) but now I don't have to!

AWESOME :thumb:

Hulk
07-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Two trails just west of Vail:
Ptarmigan Pass and McCallister Gulch are pretty easy and amazingly scenic. Also, they are not dirt road easy -- there are a few challenges here and there that are perfect for a stock 4WD Toyota.