PDA

View Full Version : Out of state membership

MoGas
06-29-2007, 12:07 AM
I live in Arizona but am finding myself in Colorado at least a couple times a year. We always have our family vacation there over the 4th of July holiday and I venture there other times. Enough that I'd like to help support the clubs work. Can an out of state person join RS4WDCoC?

Thanks,
Dave

Shark Bait
06-29-2007, 12:28 AM
Hi Dave,

You can hang out here and join us on a run any time. To become a member you have to own a Toyota 4x4 (which I assume you do), go on at least one run with the club and attend at least one club meeting. The last one may be tough for you to do, since you are out of state. We do have an associate member status, but it really doesn't buy you any more that what you have now. Occasionally we have projects or causes and solicit donations and you can help us out that way. Buy and sell raffle vehicle tickets and that would help, too.

Win a built, cherry 1989 FJ62 expedition rig and help support a good cause. Click to buy raffle tickets. (http://hightrails.org/raffle.html)

DaveInDenver
06-29-2007, 08:12 AM
The last one may be tough for you to do, since you are out of state.
He could make Cruise Moab every year as his meeting.

nakman
06-29-2007, 10:15 AM
He could make Cruise Moab every year as his meeting.

Actually no, that's been attempted before and shot down. Must be an "official" meeting.. :blah:

MoGas
06-29-2007, 10:39 AM
So I am elegible for Associate membership?

Hulk
06-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Yes, you're be eligible for Associate Membership.

You're welcome regardless of membership. Feel free to participate in the forum and join us for runs. We're really not that concerned about who is a member and who is not. You're absolutely invited to participate in everything.

If you really feel the need to part with some of your money, we can sign you up for Assoc. Membership. But you don't need to be in a hurry to send us money. Come hang out with us on some runs, and then decide.

We are taking donations to help us build the raffle truck for the Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs. Or just buy some tickets.

---------

Section B. Associate Membership

1. To be eligible for associate membership, an individual must:
a. Live outside the greater Denver Metropolitan area, or
b. Own an off-road 4WD vehicle other than a Toyota 4WD, or
c. Already be an active member of some other local 4WD club, or
d. Be otherwise deemed eligible by approval of the BOD.
2. To be approved for associate membership, an individual must be voted on by the active membership.
3. Associate members shall have no voting privileges, nor can they be officers of the Club, nor will they be eligible for all club benefits.

Section B. Associate Membership

1. Membership dues shall be determined annually by the officers, and approved by the active membership no later than December 31st. Dues are currently $25.00 per year.

Uncle Ben
06-29-2007, 11:36 AM
So I am elegible for Associate membership?

You can be an Associate Member! You would be part of the roster and totally considered a member but the only thing you would not have is voting rights. I am an Associate member of several clubs and enjoy being part of each ones community plus I am supporting those clubs I feel are worthy and are doing it right. You do not have to come to any meeting nor show up for any run but we would hope you do!

Welcome to our forum! :thumb:

EDIT: I see that Matt types much faster than I do.... ;)

Hulk
06-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Thread hijack...

We need to determine whether we pay for membership in the CoA4WDC and United for Assoc. members. I think this actually costs us more than $25/year/member. I'm not clear on this.

Do we currently have any associate members? I think Bobzooki is a full member, what with his Toyota axles.

MoGas
06-29-2007, 02:33 PM
What is included with a membership package?

Bobzooki
06-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Do we currently have any associate members? I think Bobzooki is a full member, what with his Toyota axles.

Yup, I'm a full-paying member these days. What about...Greg? Craig? Wipp - the other Suzuki guy?

Uncle Ben
06-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Thread hijack...

We need to determine whether we pay for membership in the CoA4WDC and United for Assoc. members. I think this actually costs us more than $25/year/member. I'm not clear on this.

Don Reece has been an associate for years! Associates are only associates and pay a trivial amount of dues. They do not pay into United, CoA4WDCI, Blue Ribbon, etc....

Hulk
06-29-2007, 04:22 PM
What is included with a membership package?

A couple of Rising Sun stickers.
Access to the Members Only forum on this site.
Possibly a membership in the Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs (http://hightrails.org/).
Possibly a membership in United Four Wheel Drive Associations (http://www.ufwda.org/).
(We need to figure out these last two for Assoc. members).
All the beer we can drink (your treat). :D

MoGas
07-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Possibly a membership in the Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs (http://hightrails.org/).
Possibly a membership in United Four Wheel Drive Associations (http://www.ufwda.org/).

Lucky for me I don't drink beer. Only Gentelman Jack for me:cheers: (After I'm in for the night of course)

MoGas
12-27-2007, 04:38 PM

I'd like to see if you have the associate membership figured out yet as the new year is upon us and I'm sure dues are due.

Hulk
12-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Assoc. Member dues are half ($25) of Regular Member dues ($50). Assoc. membership does not come with membership in the Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs or membership in United Four Wheel Drive Associations, since you would get membership in these organizations through your main club in your home area.

Checks should be made out to Rising Sun 4WD Club. You can mail it to me:
Rising Sun
c/o Matt Farr
7337 S. Hudson Way
Centennial, CO 80122
Matt

MoGas
12-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Assoc. Member dues are half ($25) of Regular Member dues ($50). Assoc. membership does not come with membership in the Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs or membership in United Four Wheel Drive Associations, since you would get membership in these organizations through your main club in your home area.

Checks should be made out to Rising Sun 4WD Club. You can mail it to me:
Rising Sun
c/o Matt Farr
7337 S. Hudson Way
Centennial, CO 80122
Matt

Cool.

Are there t shirts or other swag available for purchase?

Rogue Leader
12-28-2007, 04:04 PM
check the store. we also just ordered a bunch of shirts. PM Hulk as he knows All

Romer
12-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Cool.

Are there t shirts or other swag available for purchase?

what wait . . . don't we get to vote:D

MoGas
12-28-2007, 05:38 PM

C'mon, Ken. Vote me in!!!

MoGas
12-28-2007, 05:45 PM
The other main reason I'd like to join is that in Arizona, we don't have a serious, organized, Toyota club. The AZLCA hasn't updated the website and hasn't been a TLCA associated club for over a year and the Copper State Cruisers were put together as a club that the first rule is: there are no rules. On CSC runs, everyone self regulates and everyone is cool, but I actually get to Colorado more than I get to Southern AZ where most of the CSC are.

Hulk
12-28-2007, 05:55 PM

Ken, we can vote him in at next week's meeting.

MoGas, we're gonna need an application form filled out from you. You can get it here (PDF) (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/join_rs/application.pdf). You can mail it to me, scan it and e-mail it, or fax it to me at work. Whatever is easy.

We'll post up more about the shirts soon.

Romer
12-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Ken, we can vote him in at next week's meeting.

I don't know Matt. He is kind of a PIA on the 80's forum

I am just pulling his chain:beer2: