PDA

View Full Version : iphone ???

treerootCO
06-30-2007, 07:19 PM
is the coolest thing ever! Picked one up yesterday.:)

I posted this using nothing more than the cell phone

Uncle Ben
06-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Cool....hope the box wasn't more than 10 lbs! ;)

Convert
06-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Cool....hope the box wasn't more than 10 lbs! ;)
No doubt:lmao: :lmao:

Jenny Cruiser
06-30-2007, 08:50 PM
What's it cost for service per month? A buddy said they were $600 + $70/month for service.

Kenon698
06-30-2007, 10:33 PM
But does it work as a phone? I tried to call you tonight and no answer.:rolleyes:

Shark Bait
06-30-2007, 11:49 PM
No doubt:lmao: :lmao:

Fixed it for you. :D

acon40
07-01-2007, 12:04 AM
I think if you get a chance, check it out. You really will have fun just checking it out. My girl has one and she figured it out in 30 min and is having a blast with it. I think once you get hands on time and can see what it really des its fun......now for the love of god mike get rid of the pc......

Shark Bait
07-01-2007, 12:08 AM
. My girl has one and she figured it out in 30 min and is having a blast with it.

Phone. My Blackberry works great. Don't need anything else. :p:

treerootCO
07-01-2007, 10:40 AM
These are the resonable rate plans:
http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/26/iphone-rate-plans-revealed-at-home-activation-announced/

The battery only let me surf the web for like 12 hours before it died. :D

I am going to set up my voice mail this morning so that should be working soon.

Shark Bait
07-01-2007, 10:47 AM
There's no keyboard. :eek: :rolleyes:

treerootCO
07-01-2007, 11:47 AM
it is all touchscreen. The keyboard is really easy to use and I am all thumbs

Uncle Ben
07-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Sorry....only thing that would get me excited about an apple is some fresh caramel and nuts! (but then again most folks that like apples are already a little nuts:eek: ) :rolleyes: :lmao: :hill: JK....the iphone is pretty cool except the way overinflated price!

acon40
07-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Keep in mind all cell phones are $$$, this one is not covered buy the cell companies up front such as all current pda's, razors etc etc etc...It a way the cell companies hook buyers.

nuclearlemon
07-02-2007, 11:19 AM
http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2007/07/02/704611.html&cvqh=itn_iphone

wesintl
07-02-2007, 11:35 AM
I tried to talk the wife into buying one and then flipping it on ebay. She was game til I said she'd have to camp out overnight at the aspen grove store... lol

treerootCO
07-02-2007, 12:17 PM
The lines wern't that bad according to Ian. I had him grab me one while I was out. The ATT stores were a different story because they like to harass, lie, and overcharge their customers. As far as I can tell, the Apple stores still have them in stock.

acon40
07-02-2007, 02:29 PM
colorado stores are all instock

treerootCO
07-02-2007, 03:13 PM
at&t has a queue of over two hours! Because I was an AT&T customer, they screwed up my activation. It took until morning for them to figure it out and activate my phone. Now, they canceled my contract because I am an AT&T customer, not an at&t customer. My phone was working fine until they decided that all AT&T customers have to be at&t customers. Lets see here, I have paid my bill since the '90s and I currently pay my bill to "cingular" but I am not a cingular customer? Really nice....

The phone still kicks a$$ though. Wouldn't trade it for anything...just need AaTt&Tt to get their heads out of their a$$es.

treerootCO
07-02-2007, 03:16 PM
you need to get one of these though....suckers are slippery :D

http://goincase.com/products/detail/protective-cover-cl59019

IanB
07-02-2007, 03:18 PM
at&t has a queue of over two hours! Because I was an AT&T customer, they screwed up my activation. It took until morning for them to figure it out and activate my phone. Now, they canceled my contract because I am an AT&T customer, not an at&t customer. My phone was working fine until they decided that all AT&T customers have to be at&t customers. Lets see here, I have paid my bill since the '90s and I currently pay my bill to "cingular" but I am not a cingular customer? Really nice....

The phone still kicks a$$ though. Wouldn't trade it for anything...just need AaTt&Tt to get their heads out of their a$$es.

Wow, bummer. :(

I just had the opposite experience. Bought the iPhone in Boulder this morning, had my number transferred from Sprint and was using the iPhone within 1.5 hours. It took longer to load it with songs than it did to set up cell phone service with AT&T.

IanB
07-02-2007, 03:19 PM
... and I gotta say, its even cooler than advertised. Apple did it again, they really raised the bar for UI and UXP :cheers:

treerootCO
07-02-2007, 03:22 PM
nothing really compares

IanB
07-02-2007, 03:26 PM
nothing really compares

No it doesn't. Its a new paradigm.

When you get your sh_t straight with AT&T iPhone me dude ;)

treerootCO
07-02-2007, 03:58 PM
the edge network is down across multiple states. Iphone crashed it :D

IanB
07-02-2007, 04:29 PM
the edge network is down across multiple states. Iphone crashed it :D

:D

Hulk
07-02-2007, 11:20 PM
I wonder if the iPhone will remain exclusive to at&t, or if Verizon will get them at some point. They are going to start hemorrhaging customers if they don't get it. I've got another year on my contract with Verizon. I liked my little Razr phone up until a few days ago....

My wife tells me the 2008 version will be much improved, and waiting is good.

Uncle Ben
07-03-2007, 12:05 AM
I wonder if the iPhone will remain exclusive to at&t, or if Verizon will get them at some point. They are going to start hemorrhaging customers if they don't get it. I've got another year on my contract with Verizon. I liked my little Razr phone up until a few days ago....

My wife tells me the 2008 version will be much improved, and waiting is good.

I will never go back to AT&T/Cingular. I was a loyal customer for years and finally quit accepting the poor service (both customer and performance) as normal. If fact we still get 0 balance bills here for my wife despite repeated attempts at correcting the issue. I have Verizon and for the most part I'm happy. They are always behind on updated phones but the service is consistently decent. I have also had Cricket and Sprint in the past and happily don't play that game anymore. My daughter has T-mobile and the package is a pretty decent deal but dropped calls seems to be a norm.

Hulk
07-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Yeah, we've been pretty happy with Verizon too. We travel enough that we have the countrywide plan, so it's nearly always a local call, whether we're in Missouri, North Carolina, Texas or Moab.

We've had them for 5 years. I didn't like the LG phones. My Motorola Razr has been great. The voice recognition is a little weak. I like the bluetooth headset.

They never have the latest phones. I just wonder how much that will hurt them with the iPhone an at&t exclusive.

Uncle Ben
07-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Yeah, we've been pretty happy with Verizon too. We travel enough that we have the countrywide plan, so it's nearly always a local call, whether we're in Missouri, North Carolina, Texas or Moab.

We've had them for 5 years. I didn't like the LG phones. My Motorola Razr has been great. The voice recognition is a little weak. I like the bluetooth headset.

They never have the latest phones. I just wonder how much that will hurt them with the iPhone an at&t exclusive.

We had (he moved to the East coast) a friend at church that works as a store rejuvenator. He gets assigned to Verizon stores that are lacking in volume or have had too many complaints and basically works there until the store does an about face. I asked him why Verizon pushes the LG crap so hard. He said its simple... they make 3 times more profit on the LG phones that the other brands. Guess that makes sense. I had also asked him once (quite a while ago) why Verizon only sold phones with antennas. His reply was that Verizon wants the reputation of being the phone with the lowest customer radiation contact. Obviously that doesn't really pertain to todays phones (they are all antennaless) but maybe it does explain why they don't sell some cool models of phones everyone else does....I don't know.

treerootCO
09-06-2007, 03:20 PM
http://www.iphonealley.com/news/apple-addresses-iphone-price-drop

Beater
09-06-2007, 03:55 PM
well,
you all know where I work. Not in the mobile side specifically, but I dabble. It is a proven fact that different phones, and phone brands work better/worse on different freqs. By the same token, att is pure digital, with no analog, which is exactly why verizon still keeps the cdma network to increase "footprint".

There are also demographics involved, which I won't go into here... but look at the commercials closely for deutsche telekom (tmobile), verizon, and t .... you will see what I am talking about...

corsair23
09-06-2007, 03:59 PM
http://www.iphonealley.com/news/apple-addresses-iphone-price-drop

Appeasing the angry mob :D

Now, if we could only get the oil companies to start giving some $$ back :thumb:

treerootCO
09-14-2007, 03:02 PM
http://www.apple.com/iphone/storecredit/

acon40
09-14-2007, 04:38 PM
tree-check your pm

Chris
09-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Now that's it's been around a bit I'd like to know what owners of the iPhone think about it as a <gasp> phone. My phone's dying so looking at my options, I think all the features are very cool but haven't heard anything about the quality of the phone and ATT service. I have T-Mobil which is terrible on both counts.