PDA

View Full Version : OMG, I just read that whole thread on Pirate...

nakman
11-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Saw a couple of you guys over there as well.. or at least on the Mud post about it. wow!!! so that's what I did tonight... :rolleyes:

wesintl
11-09-2005, 10:28 PM
I feel for ya.. I flew through it. Don't they have that kinda discussion every other month or so? Kinda the reason I stay away from that place... :rolleyes: yo yo's have to go somewhere once colorado 4x4 gets old.....

subzali
11-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Me too :o

Don't read the OBEX/DesertTOY one though, it's not worth it - oh wait how would I know? :o

Man I need to get some homework done... :rolleyes:

Uncle Ben
11-10-2005, 07:50 AM
OK what am I missing here? Read what on Pirate? :confused:

powderpig
11-10-2005, 08:16 AM
I do not think I have ever read anything on pirate, but this sound like the old tom sawyer trick to get you to read some thing. a little tease (high school days and girl in short skirts type of thing). So what give you teasers (maybe in short skirts?) latterrobbie

nakman
11-10-2005, 09:10 AM
No, there's a real thread.. the one that's now like 16 pages long about this kid who fails to sell a set of gears. I can't get to those sites from work but maybe someone else can post up a link? Or go to chat in ih8mud and see the "light reading" post, that should get you there..

Maddmatt
11-10-2005, 09:34 AM
I put the time in yesterday, here's the quick recap.

1) A kid (now known as Charlie Wenzel) in California posts up a set of "bran new" 4.88 gears for sale for $100.
2) A Pirate regular (MochaMike) posts up that he'll take them for the $100 + $15 shipping and sends a check.
3) The kids cashes the check, then goes back, changes his original post to read $125, and hits Mike up for more money. (after cashing the original check).
4) Mike says send me new gears as advertised or send me my money back.
5) Lots of back and forth, everybody hates everybody, somebody unearths all this kids personal information (I now know where he works, where his dad works, what his mom does, how his mom and dad met, where he goes to school, what position he played in HS football, what he weighs, etc....) and lots of people threaten him with various levels of bodily harm.
6) Kid finally sends gears, but it turns out they're used. Mike refuses shipment and demands a check.
7) Kid agrees to send check. I quit reading after 14 pages, so I don't know if the check ever arrived.

Moral: If you cash somebody's check, you owe them the product advertised, no matter what you "meant to charge". You can't ask for more money later.

It is rather humourous to read this kid's complete lack of personal responsibility. Even after all of this, this kid still feels like he's been wronged, everybody's against him, etc....
-Matt

bh4rnnr
11-10-2005, 03:13 PM
I put the time in yesterday, here's the quick recap.

1) A kid (now known as Charlie Wenzel) in California posts up a set of "bran new" 4.88 gears for sale for $100.
2) A Pirate regular (MochaMike) posts up that he'll take them for the $100 + $15 shipping and sends a check.
3) The kids cashes the check, then goes back, changes his original post to read $125, and hits Mike up for more money. (after cashing the original check).
4) Mike says send me new gears as advertised or send me my money back.
5) Lots of back and forth, everybody hates everybody, somebody unearths all this kids personal information (I now know where he works, where his dad works, what his mom does, how his mom and dad met, where he goes to school, what position he played in HS football, what he weighs, etc....) and lots of people threaten him with various levels of bodily harm.
6) Kid finally sends gears, but it turns out they're used. Mike refuses shipment and demands a check.
7) Kid agrees to send check. I quit reading after 14 pages, so I don't know if the check ever arrived.

Moral: If you cash somebody's check, you owe them the product advertised, no matter what you "meant to charge". You can't ask for more money later.

It is rather humourous to read this kid's complete lack of personal responsibility. Even after all of this, this kid still feels like he's been wronged, everybody's against him, etc....
-Matt

Read the thread the other day. Think it grew a page while reading :eek: . Came back last night and read a few more pages(think it was up to 16...). Sounds like the kid has not sent the $$ yet. I'd be scared if I were that kid. All they wanted was the $$ and to say he's sorry. He just couldnt do it..... And so it continues........

leiniesred
11-10-2005, 06:16 PM
The party is over. Darn. It was VERY entertaining!

Uncle Ben
11-12-2005, 11:03 PM
54 pages and growing FAST! It's all over the net now. Bumper stickers will most likely be next......dumb kid is getting his lunch!! :eek:

nuclearlemon
11-12-2005, 11:34 PM
54 pages!~!! :eek:
holy s^$t batman...it was only 20 a couple of days ago when i got caught up.

penis boy isn't getting anywhere near what he deserves.