PDA

View Full Version : What the Roman's drive

Romer
07-09-2007, 09:40 PM
little cars and this funky 3 wheel truck. The rage is the "smart car" that Bonni is standing next to. Saw very few Toyotas. They drive like maniacs. Took a taxi to the catacombs and felt like I was on a ride at Elitches

Shark Bait
07-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Way cool, Ken. Saw your pictures on MUD. Sounds like you had a good time. Where are you off to next, Africa? :eek: :D

MDH33
07-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Coool architecture and punk rock graffiti on the three wheeler. :)

More pics of your travels please. :thumb:

~jealous~ !

Beater
07-10-2007, 06:54 AM
the 3 wheel truck is called an "ape" made by piaggio who is best known for the brand vespa. they also have some made by lambretta, but the lammy shop has been closed for a while. We have a few of those in the scooter club. Usually powered by a 150~200 cc 2 stroke, and a blast to drive.

bajaj in india still makes them as well.

Romer
07-10-2007, 07:03 AM
Coool architecture and punk rock graffiti on the three wheeler. :)

More pics of your travels please. :thumb:

~jealous~ !

10 day cruise of the med. Visited the ruins in Athens (Parthenon), Ephesus(Turkey), Delos (Mykonos) and Pompeii (Naples) and Rome.

Rented ATVs and drove all around Santorini

Spent 5 days in Rome at a great Hotel in the heart of Rome and visited, the Coliseum, The Forum, Panthenon, Tres Fountain, Spanish Steps, Vatican, Catacombs, and lots of other places.

Romer
07-10-2007, 07:04 AM
Way cool, Ken. Saw your pictures on MUD. Sounds like you had a good time. Where are you off to next, Africa? :eek: :D

Actually Boston next week for work

Shark Bait
07-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Cool. I'm off to Atlanta this morning through Friday. :)

timmbuck2
07-10-2007, 08:16 AM
I felt like a giant in Rome...I actually rented a car and drove to Firenze...as bad as the drivers are in Rome, they are even worse up there...I was scared for my life on more than 1 occasion. Heck, you risk your life at stop lights when 50+ scooters take off at the green light leaving you in a haze of carbon monoxide!

Timm

bigbluefj
07-10-2007, 11:16 PM
rome was very cool, i was there when i was 15 year's old on a school trip for spring break..

kevin