PDA

View Full Version : Contractor needed

treerootCO
07-11-2007, 11:36 AM
I need a contractor that can repair/repaint my house within 10 days. Please let me know if you know of a contractor that you trust and can handle the job without taking advantage of my situation.

Cell 720-635-9198 I am in class so please leave a message if I do not answer.

Shark Bait
07-11-2007, 12:47 PM
You could try Vince Dekan. 303-623-6858/303-475-7610 cell Ask if his buddy Tom Taylor will paint your house. It might cost you, but it should be less than $1000/vehicle. :)

treerootCO
07-11-2007, 12:48 PM
ok, thank you

Hulk
07-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Mike, I just checked with fellow Cruiserhead Tim Noreen. You might remember him from the first Ghost Town run and a snow run that we were on together.

He has potential availability this weekend to do repairs (that's what he does for a living). Call his cell at 303-842-7523. He's on a job in Grand Junction through Friday, but will be back Friday night. He said he could possibly do a bunch of repairs this weekend for you. You'd have to get someone else to do the painting, but that should be the easy part.

Hulk
07-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Painting: try Ryan's Brush.
Owner: Dave Ryan
303-688-6677.
Tell him that Matt Farr in Homestead Farm referred him.

timmbuck2
07-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I am not a contractor, but I spent 3 years of college painting houses...and painted my house recently. I'll do it for the cost of the paint and supplies and a discount on all future Cruiser parts I buy from you...or just one of your trucks. :)

treerootCO
07-11-2007, 01:35 PM
If Kipper passes on the 65, would you like it?

timmbuck2
07-11-2007, 02:23 PM
who?

treerootCO
07-12-2007, 11:32 AM
I have contacted all of the ones above and a few others. GR Painting should be able to give me a quote Sat but I am going to need a few more

treerootCO
07-12-2007, 06:42 PM
It is not looking good...

The two contractors that came over today to give me a quote refused the job because of reasons I cannot post publicly on the web because big brother is watching.

MDH33
07-12-2007, 08:21 PM
How about a Rising Sun paint party? You supply the paint and :beer: , we'll bring our ladders and scrape it and paint it. With enough people, we could knock it out in an afternoon.

Uncle Ben
07-12-2007, 08:21 PM
How about a Rising Sun paint party? You supply the paint and :beer: , we'll bring our ladders and scrape it and paint it. With enough people, we could knock it out in an afternoon. I'm in!:thumb:

Rezarf
07-12-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm in!:thumb:

I could swing that too! Just name the time. :eek: :D

Drew

timmbuck2
07-12-2007, 10:00 PM
I offered!! We should do it!

MDH33
07-12-2007, 10:03 PM
How about a Rising Sun paint party? You supply the paint and :beer: , we'll bring our ladders and scrape it and paint it. With enough people, we could knock it out in an afternoon.

I'm in!:thumb:

I could swing that too! Just name the time. :eek: :D

Drew

I offered!! We should do it!

That's a (almost) free labor crew of four right there. :thumb: :beer:

treerootCO
07-13-2007, 10:21 AM
It may come down to that. It needs to be completed by July 20th. The house is in terrible condition on the exterior. I have been working to get a contractor to take on the job for the past 5 years. Most contractors either quote high because they don't want the work, or price it incredibly high because they think they can take advantage of me. Sears quoted me 26,000 for siding:eek:

The city said as long as I have a contract signed by the 20th then I don't have to have the work completed. If I do it myself, I do not have a contract so I will have to have everything done by the 20th. I have 18 contractors coming over Saturday and Sunday to give me quotes.

Shark Bait
07-13-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm confused. :confused: If they're going to buy the property (and probably tear it down) so they can expand Wads, etc., why should you fix it up? :confused:

treerootCO
07-13-2007, 10:30 AM
It isn't going to be torn down. Only the homes East of Wads to Upham are affected by the purposed plan. My house is on the edge so they are enforcing code up and down the block. There is a notice on every door.

wesintl
07-13-2007, 10:43 AM
My guess is your home is old oil base paint that has several coats and has thick flakes that is flaking bad. It's alot of work to scrape and sand that crap to get it smooth so it'll look halfway decent. Also The shrubs, bushes, and trees are a PITA for them if not trimmed back. That's probably why most contractors are bidding it high. They don't want to deal with either of those items. Find a good power washer (the contractor should have one or do it themselves). You're going to have to powerwash it first and it'll take alot of the paint off right away.

How long do you have once the contract is signed? I have a couple of paint contractors I know that could probably get you a piece of paper if push comes to shove.

treerootCO
07-13-2007, 11:10 AM
The way she was talking, it has to be completed by August. I pressure washed it last time and took off a ton of paint. The primer did not bind to the raw wood and it all came off. It looks like crap and should probably be sided or stucco put on. I cannot find anyone to side or stucco it. All trees and shrubs are clear. The small amount of Ivy on the North I will take down tonight.

corsair23
07-13-2007, 01:53 PM
RS Paint Co? :)

I used to have a corporation (small bus) and could have typed up a quick contract to buy you more time...I'm thinking along the same lines as Wes and also along the same lines as Martin. Buy yourself some more time with a contract and then employ the power of RS and have a "work" day. I've got a semi-decent power washer and can paint. There is nothing that says it has to look "purdy" forever right? The goal is to get them off you a$$ for a little while so even if the paint won't stick great for more than a year it buys you some time.

Then, if you really want go after the siding folks in the winter when business is slow and be done with it.

Beater
07-13-2007, 02:29 PM
mike - I agree, power wash with a real powerwasher, with a resevoir holding a citrus or other solution, then just paint.