PDA

View Full Version : Well I was gonna join, but...

subzali
07-11-2007, 08:52 PM
my red truck died on me on the way to the meeting. A big tow bill later and it's home. Guess I'll try again next month...:rolleyes:

wesintl
07-11-2007, 10:48 PM
bummer dude membership was in a good mood and voted everyone in tonight.

Uncle Ben
07-12-2007, 07:02 AM
my red truck died on me on the way to the meeting. A big tow bill later and it's home. Guess I'll try again next month...:rolleyes:

Bumer dude, dues are jumping up $25 as of the important meeting you missed last night! :rolleyes: :hill:

acon40
07-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Hahah figures, I could make last night and i was going to join hahaha., guess I have a month to save a extra $25 haha.

Jacket
07-12-2007, 08:45 AM
^x3. But my son had a birthday party, and somehow my wife didn't think the Rising Sun meeting was a good idea.....

nakman
07-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Far be it from me to discourage new memberships, but to all you new dudes out there I will say this: don't be in a super big hurry to join right away, get to know the club first. You're still welcome to come to meetings, join us for runs, come to our work parties, even come to our party parties. All are welcome, we'd love to have you, but make sure you know what club membership is all about.

I'll take a stab at that: In a nutsheel, that's the sharing of tech advice and discussion of Toyota trucks (that's a given). There's meeting a bunch of very like minded individuals and developing some really great friendships. There's also the promotion of the TLCA through hosting events, like our Rally and Cruise Moab. Of course there are deals on parts, inside scoops on what's for sale, special deals on trucks & parts within the club, etc. There's also a volunteer aspect, in addition to regular maintenance and cleanup projects on our two adopted trails there are often times other projects that we assist with that fall outside our "adopted" trails, for example the Hayman fire restoration we did a few years back, and perhaps helping the Go4's with Slaughterhouse Gulch later this year. Land use action, rehab efforts, and doing what you can to support continued access to public lands is more and more a big part of being in a 4x4 club. The money we make from our events goes right back to those efforts, and as a club we get to decide how to allocate those funds, then back it up with volunteer efforts. Tread Lightly, Stay on the Trail, Leave no Trace, are a big part of the club's core values. It's a fun thing to be a part of, and great feeling to know you're making a difference. It's also not for everyone.

We've never had a "what's club membership really like" discussion on our forum here, so on that I would encourage other members to pipe in. :)

Hulk
07-12-2007, 02:33 PM

Matt, I thought you were a member already. :thumb: And that's going to be a problem... for you. :D We all know you well enough now that we'll feel completely at ease abusing you when voting on your membership. You should anticipate much debate, with perhaps two or three votes ending in ties. We may need to form a committee to come to us with a recommendation concerning your membership. The folks who sit on the north side of the room may filibuster in order to delay the eventual final vote, but the south siders will call for a roll call vote, and the necessary 60% won't be able to prevent the general assembly from voting you in. However, several riders will be attached to this bill, the contents of which may be unpleasant and/or costly. I'm not at liberty to disclose these at this time.
Heh heh. :zilla:

...what was Tim saying about getting to know the club before you join? :D

sno bored
07-12-2007, 03:10 PM

If you REALLY wanted to become a member you could have thumbed it :thumb: or walked. :D

subzali
07-12-2007, 03:41 PM
From 1st and Colorado? I don't think so. Actually I think you're right I never wanted to become a member anyway...:tongue2: :D

Hulk
07-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Goodness, Dave, what have you linked to?

http://rustybrain.com/haha/5374eyebleach.JPG

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Shark Bait
07-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Oh, Webmaster? :eek:

Hulk
07-12-2007, 04:13 PM
OK, I removed the offending image. Goatse, anyone?

Shark Bait
07-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Thanks. That was pretty gross. :eek:

wesintl
07-12-2007, 04:17 PM
damn.. I missed it :(

Hulk
07-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Be glad. Be very, very glad.

Mr. Armbruster, I'll be sending my bills for therapy your way. (I prefer my therapy in 12 oz. bottles).

Uncle Ben
07-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Dang....I needed a good stomach cleansing too....oh well...

subzali
07-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Well Dave I have no idea what you're talking about, but I guess I'm glad I missed it ;)

Matt, I thought you were a member already. :thumb: And that's going to be a problem... for you. :D We all know you well enough now that we'll feel completely at ease abusing you when voting on your membership. You should anticipate much debate, with perhaps two or three votes ending in ties. We may need to form a committee to come to us with a recommendation concerning your membership. The folks who sit on the north side of the room may filibuster in order to delay the eventual final vote, but the south siders will call for a roll call vote, and the necessary 60% won't be able to prevent the general assembly from voting you in. However, several riders will be attached to this bill, the contents of which may be unpleasant and/or costly. I'm not at liberty to disclose these at this time.
Heh heh. :zilla:

...what was Tim saying about getting to know the club before you join? :D

this reminds me of a little scene from one of the best movies of all time,

"By exploiting the workers! By 'angin' on to our outdated imperialist dogma, to the detriment, of our society...

...I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective. You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship! A self-perpetuating autocracy, in which the working class-

-oh there you go bringing class into it again!

Well that's what it's all about! If only people would listen...

...oh, now we see the violence inherent in the system! Now we see the violence inherent in the system! HELP HELP I'M BEING REPRESSED!

-Bloody peasant!

Oh what a giveaway - did you hear that eh? That's what I'm all about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it didn't you?"

That's from memory BTW, so leave me alone if it's not exactly right!

EDIT: oh that is it! Now somebody is messing with my sig line! :zilla: (roar!) :tongue2: :help: :doh:

Hulk
07-12-2007, 06:23 PM
If you want the stomach cleansing, do a GIS for 'goatse' --- but I don't recommend it. It's truly foul. I wish it was possible to delete certain things from my brain.

Hulk
07-12-2007, 06:26 PM
FYI, the image Dave tried to post was a $100 bill. The web site from which he linked it has a policy of not allowing you to link their images (stealing bandwidth). Rather than simply placing a "Linking not allowed" image in its place, the site replaces the linked image with images of naked fat women and some other, really horrible images.

Hulk
07-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Bummer dude, dues are jumping up $25 as of the important meeting you missed last night!

As discussed last night, due to the increase in dues from our membership in United Four Wheel Drive Associations (http://www.ufwda.org/), dues will be increasing to $75/year, effective immediately.

Current members should read here (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=4271) to determine whether they owe an additional $25 for 2007.

Beater
07-12-2007, 07:11 PM
I live at 6th and colorado - I would have been happy to give you a ride

Uncle Ben
07-12-2007, 07:15 PM
As discussed last night, due to the increase in dues from our membership in United Four Wheel Drive Associations (http://www.ufwda.org/), dues will be increasing to $75/year, effective immediately.

Current members should read here (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=4271) to determine whether they owe an additional $25 for 2007.

I am still against the increase but at least I am paid up until January. I guess prices go up and thats something that just happens. For the record, I am also very much against the proposed new policy that only paid members can participate in official RS runs! We have some very cool folks that tag along with us and thats gonna mess with future membership! :rant:

Shark Bait
07-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Ouch! :rant: Is there a discount for multi-year memberships? :eek:

MDH33
07-12-2007, 08:27 PM
It's all good. An increase in dues is needed and all the non-members crowding the trail runs is an issue. Plus with all the Kalifornians and Texxans moving here, it's time that Rising sun made membership requirements more stringent. :thumb:

Jacket
07-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Interesting.....<removed confusing banter>
Edit: Hi, I'm Matt (not to be confused with the other Matt's), and I'm a moron:banghead:

nakman
07-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Ok, how long is this madness going to continue? :rant: :bill: :eek:

subzali
07-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Geez, that must have been a lively meeting. John, thanks for the offer. Since I haven't been to your house yet I was unaware of how close you were to there. I think I even had your phone number in the truck with me at the time :doh: Well you live and you learn right?

Beater
07-12-2007, 10:00 PM
I am still against the increase but at least I am paid up until January. I guess prices go up and thats something that just happens. For the record, I am also very much against the proposed new policy that only paid members can participate in official RS runs! We have some very cool folks that tag along with us and thats gonna mess with future membership! :rant:

Whoa nellie....

how is the "on at least one run" criteria going to work if you can't tag along?

Seriously.... people think I come up with some whacked stuff...:confuse2:

Uncle Ben
07-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Geez, that must have been a lively meeting. John, thanks for the offer. Since I haven't been to your house yet I was unaware of how close you were to there. I think I even had your phone number in the truck with me at the time :doh: Well you live and you learn right?

The dues increase discussion was quite lengthy as you can guess. There was hands raised for both sides of the issue. The pisser is, because of how our bylaws are written, your buddy, CJ7 Matt, is exempt from exclusion and can hang with us anytime. This definitely isn't over! :rant:

Bighead
07-13-2007, 06:32 AM
Whoa nellie....

how is the "on at least one run" criteria going to work if you can't tag along?

Seriously.... people think I come up with some whacked stuff...:confuse2:

I know I am a new guy and nobody knows me but...good question. I was looking forward to hooking up with you all to meet some new people and learn more of the CO trails since I recently moved here from NC. Now it sounds like there are issues with that. Can any light be shed on why this has come up.

Red_Chili
07-13-2007, 06:58 AM
[snort]

Shark Bait
07-13-2007, 07:02 AM
I know I am a new guy and nobody knows me but...good question. I was looking forward to hooking up with you all to meet some new people and learn more of the CO trails since I recently moved here from NC. Now it sounds like there are issues with that. Can any light be shed on why this has come up.

Don't worry Lance. You can. This is all just a hoax. We're trying to pimp one of the other guys. :grinpimp: It's not working. :eek:

Red_Chili
07-13-2007, 07:09 AM
I do think the hazing requirement of having Matt wear a cowbell to at least six meetings was a good one. We have to gauge commitment here.
http://www.morethings.com/music/stormy_weather/fats_waller/ain%27t_misbehavin79.jpg

sno bored
07-13-2007, 07:37 AM
I thought he was supposed to have the cowbell on his truck, redneck style :hill: MORE COWBELL !

MDH33
07-13-2007, 08:20 AM
:D :lmao:

Red_Chili
07-13-2007, 08:51 AM
We could really get creative here. New membership requirements: one event, one meeting, one volunteer day on land use stuff, and buy and mount a cowbell on the truck to remain attached for a period not less than six months.

Witness statements required.

That oughta keep out the riff-raff.:cheers: :thumb:

nakman
07-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Plus you have to do a bobby long shot next Cruise Moab...

Jacket
07-13-2007, 08:58 AM

Oh good - Now I'm not the only one.....:lmao:

Uncle Ben
07-13-2007, 11:05 AM
We could really get creative here. New membership requirements: one event, one meeting, one volunteer day on land use stuff, and buy and mount a cowbell on the truck to remain attached for a period not less than six months.

Witness statements required.

That oughta keep out the riff-raff.:cheers: :thumb:

In all seriousness, I have brought this up a while back. Mandatory volunteer hours as part of membership should be a requirement. Other clubs do this and it is always a win win situation! The cowbell on newbies is an interesting thought....

Red_Chili
07-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Interesting thought. One volunteer event a year for all members, you're sayin'? Obviously out of town honorary or them kinda members would need a special dispensation.

I'll buy the cowbell.

Hulk
07-13-2007, 11:18 AM
We're a group of friends who share a hobby. We've done some pretty cool things together, and I'm proud to be a part. Once we start defining ourselves in other terms, I think we lose what makes it fun. I'm always open to discuss ideas, but my initial reaction to a requirement for volunteer hours is that we're moving away from keeping it light, fun, and attractive. This is a hobby that I do in the hours when I'm not working, spending time doing chores, etc. The primary requirement that I have is that I hang out with friends and have a good time. Once someone starts telling me that I'm required to do something, even if it's something that I would do anyway, I'm going to start wondering if I should quit.

OK, rant over. I do like the cowbell thing.

Red_Chili
07-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Yeah, but you're all pissy and stuff and probably a communist or something. :p:

Still, one volunteer event isn't much different than one regular event, is it?

I'm bringing a cowbell to the next meeting. I'm all jazzed over that.

treerootCO
07-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I'll volunteer my time to any project as long as I don't have the city forcing me to spend my time doing something else. The only reason the Jenny Creek project didn't get a large showing the other day was because we were all busy. I recommend a volunteer sign up sheet at the top of a volunteer thread so we will know who should be there. That doesn't mean that those that sign up will show, sometimes things come up, but you would know ahead of time there may not be a huge following on that particular day.

Red_Chili
07-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Yeah, we actually had a decent number of folks confirm, but it was a convergence thing and everything fell through. No need for guilt though, Mike, good golly you've been dealt a full hand!!!!!

That alone should keep you free from threat of cowbell for some time to come.

MDH33
07-13-2007, 12:09 PM
There's no reason that volunteering shouldn't be considered fun. :thumb:

Hulk
07-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Volunteering is fun. Being in a club with too many rules is not so fun.

Uncle Ben
07-13-2007, 12:27 PM
OK how about all members have to have a cowbell until they reach 10 V-hours? Then they lose the bell till next year. Would sure make the Snow N Pizza run musical!

corsair23
07-13-2007, 01:07 PM
The primary requirement that I have is that I hang out with friends and have a good time.

So I gathered Wednesday night :lmao:

Honestly though, it seems like there are enough "volunteer" opportunities that if that was added it wouldn't be too difficult for most to meet that committment. I fully agree with being busy but sometimes it is that little "push" of a having a committment that helps folks clear up some time :thumb:. Especially if you have a significant other that is maybe somewhat less than understanding of the whole 4x4 bug.

I think it would also be fun to combine work days with wheeling. Many of us (at least me anyway) have never even been to the Jenny Creek area for instance. It would be fun/interesting to combine some work with a tour (couple hours?) of the area. Same would apply to Slaughterhouse I believe if that comes to fruition.

And don't forget about helping sell raffle tickets this year or helping at the Rally or maybe some vehicle work/wrench days?

Just my 2 cents worth to avoid the dreaded cowbell :hill:

Hulk
07-13-2007, 01:23 PM
As long as we don't have to wear white Nikes and drink the grape Kool-Aid.

Beater
07-13-2007, 01:41 PM
I like cowbells

74fj40
07-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Who's Mario?

The dues increase discussion was quite lengthy as you can guess. There was hands raised for both sides of the issue. The pisser is, because of how our bylaws are written, your buddy, CJ7 Matt, is exempt from exclusion and can hang with us anytime. This definitely isn't over! :rant:

subzali
07-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Who is Mario?

CardinalFJ60
07-13-2007, 03:15 PM
I like what I'm hearing from both UB and Hulk...here's my take on this:

Being a corporate trainer, it's very tough to get truly engaged and interested people in mandatory trainings. The obligatory attendance (in a business environment) usually means people are sour about the whole thing, don't pay attention, etc. SO.....What do I do? Well, shoot, we make it fun - that takes on many different definitions; but at the end of the day people show up for more of my sessions week after week. My mantra is, "you want people to WANT to attend"...

Knowing the great group of folks in RS, whether personnally or not, there are some common traits. One of which is, in a very friendly manner, "picking on eachother, givin'em da' business, raggin' on" whatever you want to call it. That is something we can have fun with, without guilt. Those without the cowbell get to wear their Badge of Honor by taking it off. I think that's more in line with our club's culture. I mean, look at the fun we're having with Matt!!

Then again, maybe we'd just have a bunch of Cruisers clankin' cowbells around Metro Denver! :lmao:

The last thing we want to happen is fellow club members looking down on others because they haven't been able to volunteer, perhaps I'm already feeling that. It would be reeeaaal easy for some people to simply stop coming to meetings and let their membership expire because they are getting the guilt trip. Maybe that's what some folks want - weed out the folks who just want to make friends, talk shop, kick tires, and go wheelin'.

subzali
07-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Even though I'm not a member and am not allowed to have an opinion really yet, my take on it is similar...

Everybody is different. Different people use Rising Sun in different ways. Some people have lots of other things going on in their lives and are willing to donate $$ (what is it up to for me, a mandatory $150/year or something? :D) that in the end goes towards land use projects or other projects in the club. Then there are other people that don't have a whole lot going on outside of Rising Sun and Cruisers in general, so they put a lot more TIME along with some $$ into the effort. Some people are willing to be leaders, some people are willing to just come hang out. Some people just want to go 4-wheeling and use Rising Sun as a springboard to do that, in a way that's how I started with Rising Sun - just trying to go 4-wheeling because I couldn't usually make the meetings. And then some people just want to sit back and enjoy the show - I think this variety of approaches is what makes Rising Sun so great, it takes all types.

As far as the volunteering goes, I am very much for volunteer work and try to get out and do some whenever I can, but I am not sure about making it mandatory. I don't know what other clubs do, but I think there are some that just don't have the time to volunteer, and that's not what they're looking for in a club anyway. There could always be a financially connected opt-out for not volunteering, but then if you have a lot of money for a project and nobody to do the work, then what? It's a tough call.

One thing that does need to be balanced is having a variety of projects that people are interested in but not so many that we are spread thin as far as manpower goes to get them done.

The other thing that I think needs to be balanced is how exclusive the club wants to be. Toyota-specific for the most part makes us pretty exclusive already, turning other Toyota enthusiasts away by saying they aren't allowed on an official club run I'm not sure is the right answer to keeping riffraff out.

I'm not even sure what the benefit of trying to limit club runs to members is, it doesn't seem to me like we have huge groups of trucks on the trails on any given run anyway, at least not like Mile High Jeep Club or whatever. If people are hating on my J**P buddies I'm not sure what to say to that because they just want to 'wheel too, in the end what difference does it really make where the body, engine, axles, rubber, steel and plastic came from? Keeping them from joining and voting makes sense; that's the benefit of owning a Toyota 4x4.

I don't know, I kinda like Uncle Ben's mantra ST. FUAW!

wesintl
07-13-2007, 04:23 PM
The other thing that I think needs to be balanced is how exclusive the club wants to be. Toyota-specific for the most part makes us pretty exclusive already, turning other Toyota enthusiasts away by saying they aren't allowed on an official club run I'm not sure is the right answer to keeping riffraff out.

I'm not even sure what the benefit of trying to limit club runs to members is, it doesn't seem to me like we have huge groups of trucks on the trails on any given run anyway, at least not like Mile High Jeep Club or whatever. If people are hating on my J**P buddies I'm not sure what to say to that because they just want to 'wheel too, in the end what difference does it really make where the body, engine, axles, rubber, steel and plastic came from? Keeping them from joining and voting makes sense; that's the benefit of owning a Toyota 4x4.

All this applies to you only... besides Bobzooki is the riffraff and he drives a suzota and is already a member, so stop hating on him :lmao:

subzali
07-13-2007, 04:45 PM
:bawl:

MDH33
07-13-2007, 06:37 PM
All this applies to you only... besides Bobzooki is the riffraff and he drives a suzota and is already a member, so stop hating on him :lmao:

:bawl:

:D :lmao: :thumb:

Red_Chili
07-13-2007, 07:18 PM
That's an interesting idea on the opt out thing... mind you, I'm just letting my mind wander, none of this may work for the club and most definitely guilt is not the goal here (just making sure we put "giving back" hardwired into the club identity, along with fun, as a way to make sure we still CAN have places to have fun)...

I'm a member of Ben Lomond Gun Club. The membership fee is not too high, but part of what you sign up for is called a Work Bond. That is how they make sure everyone contributes. If you simply cannot spend the 8-16 hours of volunteer time at the ranch and range, you 'buy out' your work bond.

Seems to work pretty well. Whether you did your work bond or bought your work bond is no one's business. No guilt. Obviously I end up buying out my work bond every year since most of my volunteer time goes here!

Maybe we should start with Matt. Yeah, that's it... that's the ticket...

Uncle Ben
07-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Who's Mario?

Mario? :confused:

Uncle Ben
07-13-2007, 07:31 PM

No Matt....we like your buddies! If you wanted to ride along with them while they join us on a run that would be fine! :lmao: :lmao: :hill:

Bighead
07-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Don't worry Lance. You can. This is all just a hoax. We're trying to pimp one of the other guys. :grinpimp: It's not working. :eek:
Me = knucklehead :banghead:

corsair23
07-13-2007, 09:34 PM
That's an interesting idea on the opt out thing... mind you, I'm just letting my mind wander, none of this may work for the club and most definitely guilt is not the goal here (just making sure we put "giving back" hardwired into the club identity, along with fun, as a way to make sure we still CAN have places to have fun)...

Sort of like buying carbon offset credits :confused:. Can we buy them from ourselves?

Sorry, couldn't resist :lmao:

Red_Chili
07-16-2007, 07:28 AM
Actually, yeah! Volunteer or donation to the land use fund (do we have a land use fund?) would correspond to what Ben Lomond does. That way you know your sweat or your money (your choice) go toward a good cause. Just floatin' ideas.

I'm thinking the cowbell is getting hardwired into the club's identity... can we get a group discount?

Rogue Leader
12-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Well Dave I have no idea what you're talking about, but I guess I'm glad I missed it ;)

this reminds me of a little scene from one of the best movies of all time,

"By exploiting the workers! By 'angin' on to our outdated imperialist dogma, to the detriment, of our society...

...I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective. You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship! A self-perpetuating autocracy, in which the working class-

-oh there you go bringing class into it again!

Well that's what it's all about! If only people would listen...

...oh, now we see the violence inherent in the system! Now we see the violence inherent in the system! HELP HELP I'M BEING REPRESSED!

-Bloody peasant!

Oh what a giveaway - did you hear that eh? That's what I'm all about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it didn't you?"

That's from memory BTW, so leave me alone if it's not exactly right!

EDIT: oh that is it! Now somebody is messing with my sig line! :zilla: (roar!) :tongue2: :help: :doh:

Who are you?

Im Sir Arthur, King of the Brittons

King of the Who?

The Brittons

Who are they?

Well you Are!

No i'm not.

goes into quoted quote

Hulk
12-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Help! I'm being oppressed!

Rogue Leader
12-04-2007, 09:41 PM
gotta love monty python. i know the meeting starts at 7 tomorrow but when do people show up?

Romer
12-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Meeting starts at 7:30. People start to show up between 7 and 7:15

After 7:30 we close the door and NONE SHALL PASS not even Kings (sayeth the black knight)

[King Arthur music]
[music stops]
BLACK KNIGHT: Aaaagh!
[King Arthur music]
[music stops]
BLACK KNIGHT: Aaagh!
GREEN KNIGHT: Ooh!
[King Arthur music]
[music stops]
[stab]
BLACK KNIGHT: Aagh!
GREEN KNIGHT: Oh!
[King Arthur music]
Ooh!
[music stops]
BLACK KNIGHT: Aaaagh!
[clang]
BLACK KNIGHT and GREEN KNIGHT: Agh!, oh!, etc.
GREEN KNIGHT: Aaaaaah! Aaaaaaaaah!
[woosh]
[BLACK KNIGHT kills GREEN KNIGHT]

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail013.jpg
[thud]
[scrape]
BLACK KNIGHT: Umm!
[clop clop clop]
ARTHUR: You fight with the strength of many men, Sir Knight.
[pause]
I am Arthur, King of the Britons.
[pause]
I seek the finest and the bravest knights in the land to join me in my
court at Camelot.
[pause]
You have proved yourself worthy. Will you join me?
[pause]
You make me sad. So be it. Come, Patsy.

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail016.jpg

BLACK KNIGHT: None shall pass.
ARTHUR: What?
BLACK KNIGHT: None shall pass.
ARTHUR: I have no quarrel with you, good Sir Knight, but I must cross this
bridge.
BLACK KNIGHT: Then you shall die.
ARTHUR: I command you, as King of the Britons, to stand aside!
BLACK KNIGHT: I move for no man.
ARTHUR: So be it!
ARTHUR and BLACK KNIGHT: Aaah!, hiyaah!, etc.
[ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT's left arm off]

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail017.jpg

ARTHUR: Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
BLACK KNIGHT: 'Tis but a scratch.
ARTHUR: A scratch? Your arm's off!
BLACK KNIGHT: No, it isn't.
ARTHUR: Well, what's that then?
BLACK KNIGHT: I've had worse.
ARTHUR: You liar!
BLACK KNIGHT: Come on, you pansy!
[clang]
Huyah!
[clang]
Hiyaah!
[clang]
Aaaaaaaah!
[ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT's right arm off]

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail018.jpg

ARTHUR: Victory is mine!
[kneeling]
We thank Thee Lord, that in Thy mer--
BLACK KNIGHT: Hah!
[clunk]
Come on then.
ARTHUR: What?
BLACK KNIGHT: Have at you!
[kick]
ARTHUR: Eh. You are indeed brave, Sir Knight, but the fight is mine.
BLACK KNIGHT: Oh, had enough, eh?
ARTHUR: Look, you stupid bastard. You've got no arms left.
BLACK KNIGHT: Yes I have.
ARTHUR: Look!
BLACK KNIGHT: Just a flesh wound.
[kick]
ARTHUR: Look, stop that.
BLACK KNIGHT: Chicken!
[kick]
Chickennn!
ARTHUR: Look, I'll have your leg.
[kick]
Right!
[whop]
[ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT's right leg off]
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail020.jpg

BLACK KNIGHT: Right. I'll do you for that!
ARTHUR: You'll what?
BLACK KNIGHT: Come here!
ARTHUR: What are you going to do, bleed on me?
BLACK KNIGHT: I'm invincible!
ARTHUR: You're a looney.
BLACK KNIGHT: The Black Knight always triumphs! Have at you! Come on then.
[whop]
[ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT's last leg off]

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail021.jpg

BLACK KNIGHT: Ooh. All right, we'll call it a draw.
ARTHUR: Come, Patsy.
BLACK KNIGHT: Oh. Oh, I see. Running away, eh? You yellow bastards! Come
back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!

Romer
12-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Then afterwards is the meeting at Hops (Link is a sound file)

"Yes, you must give us all a good spanking!" (http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/hg/spank.wav)

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail097.jpg

Rogue Leader
12-04-2007, 09:51 PM
k ill be there. i think the life of brian is funnier

I dont want a round stone i want a square one

Hulk
12-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Next party: Monty Python. I'm planning on buying an HDTV for my Christmas present too. :D

Romer
12-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Don't forget Bill Morgans Land Use Report at the meeting
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail029.jpg

Then of course Uncle Ben, Robbie and Crase in the back of the meeting room

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail082.jpg

Nakman explaining the snak cooker " they call me . . . .Tim:
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail168.jpg

Then of course we have Jaderunner singing the praises of his 4runner

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail115.jpg

Club members listening to Tim

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail027.jpg

We stand back and watch Ige help a noob
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail156.jpg

Treeroot will be showing us his new 80
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail107.jpg

And then we will go wheeling

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/485145/1247921-HolyGrail106copy.jpg

Any questions?

Rogue Leader
12-04-2007, 09:58 PM
k ill bring the movies. Life of Brian, Meaning of Life, and The holy grail

Romer
12-04-2007, 10:01 PM
And I think I am being volunteered into a new job

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail073.jpg

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail003.jpg

Rogue Leader
12-04-2007, 10:03 PM
what? the dude who all ways makes references to Monty Python?

it aint a bad thing, it happens to a select few