PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever go to Boulder muffler?

CardinalFJ60
07-12-2007, 04:11 PM
It's about time to replace/upgrade the exhaust on the 60...anyone ever go to Boulder Muffler? How about Boulder Custom Muffler (AKA Trans Technical service)

thanks!

Uncle Ben
07-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Boulder Muff has a great reputation and I have seen some of their work and it looked great. I stopped by there and had an estimate on my 80's custom exhaust and was floored by the quote (nearly double anyone else)! Needless to say I went somewhere else. I've heard recently about a mom and pop shop in Broomfield that does excellent and reasonable work but I don't have a name. Might be worth snooping out!

CardinalFJ60
07-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks UB...when I talked to them it was kinda steep...thanks for the heads up. I'll start a' snoopin' :thumb:

SROR/AKA 2BAD
07-12-2007, 10:09 PM
i used them years ago when marv ouned it.
marv was a great customer untill he bulldozed the town of lake granby :eek:

Hulk
07-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Wow, you knew that guy? What a story that was. He built himself a tank that was unstoppable.

treerootCO
07-13-2007, 12:51 PM
there is a wiki on it :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killdozer_(bulldozer)

"Heemeyer was upset with town officials after fighting with them over zoning rules and town code violations at his muffler-repair business."

his other shop was in Wheat Ridge

edit: just so you know I am not pondering any of this, just found it amuzing there was a wiki on killdozer. :D

Phrog
07-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Boulder Muffler put a muffler and tailpipe on my FJ40 a few
months back...price was reasonable (I think), and quality
looks good. I'd go there again.