PDA

View Full Version : A little wiring help...relay

FJBen
07-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Ok, so in my TBI harnes, I need to power up the whole system. But basically I'm wiring it up with a power realy kinda like a "bright lights" setup for the engine. It's the standard 85, 86, 87, 30 relay.

30 = Power in, battery
85 = Ground
87 = Output
86 = Switch

Now 86 is where I have the question. Assuming I want to power all my 12 Volt switched off the TBI engine to this (coil, sensors, etc) , do I just attach an ignition switched source to this??? So when I turn the key it gets power and energizes the relay to feed power to the system? Is this correct thinking?

Uncle Ben
07-16-2007, 09:47 AM
correct. Be sure you have the alt light dioded or the back feed will not let the engine shut off!

FJBen
07-16-2007, 10:00 AM
correct. Be sure you have the alt light dioded or the back feed will not let the engine shut off!

great! Already have a diode on my alternator as it was draining out before. :D I'm just about ready to tear into this swap fully. Got the harness all done, just making sure I can power it correctly.

thanks sir!

FJBen
07-16-2007, 02:20 PM
EDIT: HIJACK :)

I'm rebuilding the TBI, and in the rebuild kit, I noticed there were "o-rings" for the injectors, then like metal "back up o-rings" It didn't have the metal backups on there, so I assume I DON"T need to put those on?