PDA

View Full Version : Funny kid sayings...

corsair23
07-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Tim's "Stupid Parent Tricks" and Red Cruisers "tomato" post, got me to thinking about all of the funny ways kids use words that are "new" to them.

I thought I would start this thread up...Kids are great and often their mastery of the English language at an early age is somewhat lacking :hill:. This can lead to some fun and humorous times when a child tries to reuse a word they've heard...

I'll start off with a few from my kids:

Blizzard = Lizard : As is "There is a lizard coming" or "This is a pretty bad lizard huh dad?"

Snowflake = Snowquake : Oldest daughter named her dog Snowflake, the youngest calls him "Snowquake"

nakman
07-18-2007, 02:00 PM
My son knows how to say "bye-bye, Uncle Ben" and "40 red, 80 green!" and he's not even 2 yet..

FJBen
07-18-2007, 02:56 PM
jeez, the list with my rugrats is endless...

"wedgit" = when your underwear go up your butt... from my 3yo

my 3yro also is getting extremely good at correct profanity...whoops :eek:
last night she dropped two perfectly timed and correctly used lines:

"Did rosie piss on the floor?" asking if the dog pee'd on the floor...just water.

"what the hell is that???" inquiring about a bug on the ground...:thumb:

corsair23
07-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Here is one...Made the mistake of letting the kids watch Zathura awhile back...Kids movie right? Should be clean :doh:

My 4 yr old now likes to say "Biatch" a lot :eek:

How do you correct a 4yr when what they say sounds so cute and is so funny and is so innocently said? :lol:

Hulk
07-18-2007, 03:10 PM
The kid across the street introduced this to my kids: "We went grocery shopping at the King Poopers."

I think it will forever be the King Poopers in our family.

corsair23
07-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Another one...

Red Loppers = Red Lobsters

Three Wheel Ben
07-18-2007, 03:21 PM
One of my personal favorites, titty = kitty

"Hey dad look at the titty":eek:

Still makes me laugh.:lmao: :lmao:

Romer
07-18-2007, 03:39 PM
I remember when we were in the store and Sarah was 2 and she yelled, "Look at that fat lady real loud"

60wag
07-18-2007, 03:40 PM
When my older daughter was in kindergarten, she came home one day and announced that her teacher drove a Jeep parakeet. Ever since, Cherokees have been parakeets in our household. BTW we have stayed in touch with the teacher who now drives an FZJ80 and has a VERY nice 40 stashed away in the garage.

corsair23
07-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Couple more...

On the recent vacation to Grand Lake, our 4yr old :Princess: proudly announces to the wife and everyone else sitting in the family room (luckily all my wife's family :D) that she had packed/brought along Q-tips and my wife's "butt plugs". Everyone looks at one another and my wife calmly asks the 4yr old "You brought Q-tips and what?"

"Butt plugs" the 4yr old responds and proceeds to dump a mass of Q-tips and tampons out onto the coffee table. :lmao: (posted with the wife's consent)

Tonight, I'm driving home with the girls in the LX. Windows are down and we're enjoying the weather. We pull up at a stop light and I hear my 4yr old yell out the window "Hi little car!"

The guy next to us in his Dodge Stratus didn't know what to say other than wave :hill:. My daughter went on to explain that he was in a "little" car because he was way down there and we are way up here. :cool:

acon40
07-18-2007, 10:29 PM
My sister had her son in my brother inlaws bmw...

"don't spill the juice on the seat or dad will kill you" (her)
"(crying)I don't want daddy to kill me"
Sister just starts laughing so hard.....it was funny how it went down.