PDA

View Full Version : Local BBQ? You guys made me hungry!

CardinalFJ60
07-19-2007, 07:24 PM
So all that BBQ talk got me thinking...where's the best BBQ around Denver? In L'ville we used to have KaddyShacks - then they went to the bowling alley. I thought that was great. Anybody been to the one in Longmont behind those funky houses/townhomes? Never been heard it's reeealll good.

wesintl
07-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Big papa's rates up there pretty high for me. For the most part it's all texas or kansan bbq. Some of the best is NC vinegar style. Now tell me who has the best in that style out here....?

Shark Bait
07-19-2007, 08:19 PM
There was a place called Memphis Jake's in Heber City, UT south of Park City on US 40 that had some wonderful pulled pork and Carolina style sauce. Unfortunately they've been gone for several years now. At least five. :(

Romer
07-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Where is big papa's?

We use to love a place called Oli's rib shack but it closed. I do like Dave's famous BBQ. There is one at Stapletion, but I ate at the one in Colo Springs.

Man Jerk
07-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Famous Daves is very good, especially for being a chain. Their food is amazingly consistent between locations.

Haven't found much good BBQ around these parts. I guess I was spoiled in MN.

treerootCO
07-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Brothers BBQ - even if they don't want to come to our rally, they still have excellent food.

Hulk
07-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I'm a fan of Brother's. But we had better BBQ in Missouri where I grew up.

wesintl
07-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Couple blocks east of 25 on evans Ken.
http://www.bigpapas-bbq.com/locations.htm

Famous Daves is pretty good and so is brothers for a chain but it's a whole nother level for good non chains.

Rib tips at that place in frisco is pretty good too. Dudes a crackhead but makes a pretty strong mo kc bbq

Red_Chili
07-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Brickyard BBQ
(303) 797-9255
311 E County Line Rd
Littleton, CO 80122-8116
ain't bad at all.

Turtle60
07-20-2007, 09:00 AM
M&D's BBQ Cafe
2004 E 28th Ave
Denver, CO 80205

Remodeled a few years back. Before that it was pretty much a brick shack. Great BBQ!

Wolfes near downtown isn't too bad either.

MDH33
07-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Brickyard BBQ
(303) 797-9255
311 E County Line Rd
Littleton, CO 80122-8116
ain't bad at all.

There's a Brickyard BBQ on 38th just East of Tennyson also, I didn't think it was a chain though ? Suppossed to be really good I hear but haven't tried it.

Crash
07-20-2007, 09:40 AM
There's a Brickyard BBQ on 38th just East of Tennyson also, I didn't think it was a chain though ? Suppossed to be really good I hear but haven't tried it.

Mark, the owner of this Brickyard BBQ, like me grew up in KC and he makes some pretty good food. He doesn't serve beer, and like Mexican food, what good is Q without a cold beer or three to wash it down?
Hulk, did you ever get to the Ozarks in southern MO/northern AR? The absolute very best BBQ I've ever tasted could be found there in towns with populations of about 200 - one Dairy Queen and a BBQ shack or two. My favorite was Hardy, Ark. on the Spring River.

Hulk
07-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Spent lots of time in southern MO, but we were always camping, hiking, and floatin' in a canoe. So we were eating camp food. I'll have to keep Hardy in mind for my next trip to southern MO.

Red_Chili
07-20-2007, 10:28 AM
There's a place on Arapahoe near Quebec, north side of Arapahoe, can't remember the name or I'd Dex it and post. Looks like a refurb'd Black Angus, kind of a western theme. Wouldn't usually pop up on my radar, but I had a need for dinner, so...

They have a somewhat pricey dinner menu, but they serve the lunch items all day. I had a very affordable brisket lunch that I could barely finish, and they served it smoked with bottles of three very different BBQ sauces. So in one meal I had Tennessee BBQ, S. Carolina Mustard/vinegar based BBQ, and KC BBQ. I am not a huge fan of mustard usually, but that sauce was GOOD. Good beans and corn too.

Swing by there if it is convenient.

Romer
07-20-2007, 10:33 AM
There's a place on Arapahoe near Quebec, north side of Arapahoe, can't remember the name or I'd Dex it and post. Looks like a refurb'd Black Angus, kind of a western theme. Wouldn't usually pop up on my radar, but I had a need for dinner, so...

They have a somewhat pricey dinner menu, but they serve the lunch items all day. I had a very affordable brisket lunch that I could barely finish, and they served it smoked with bottles of three very different BBQ sauces. So in one meal I had Tennessee BBQ, S. Carolina Mustard/vinegar based BBQ, and KC BBQ. I am not a huge fan of mustard usually, but that sauce was GOOD. Good beans and corn too.

Swing by there if it is convenient.

Looked good from the outside and use the be Sante Fe grille. We went in expecting BBQ and the menu we had did not have brisket, it had $28 steaks and other stuff and some ribs so we left. I guess they have another menu they didn't bother to give me.

When your in the mood for BBQ and expensive steak just doesn't do it.

Red_Chili
07-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Steak is steak, but Q is... well, Q!

Rezarf
07-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Famous Daves is very good, especially for being a chain. Their food is amazingly consistent between locations.

Haven't found much good BBQ around these parts. I guess I was spoiled in MN.

I am from the south where BBQ was invented and these guys rib tips are the BEST ANYWHERE...

Daddy Bruce in Boulder, if you can catch them when they are open is supposed to be really good, but I haven't been there yet when they are open.

Drew

Maddmatt
07-20-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm no expert, but I'll put my vote in for Brother's. Secret fact, the one on 287 has a nice plasma behind the bar, nobody goes there for sports, they sell beers in the can for $1, and its walking distance from Nakman's house. I've witnessed Bronco games, Av's games and Nugs games from the bar, typing about it makes me want a side of hot links and a cold PBR.
-Matt

Nick F.
07-21-2007, 08:56 PM
The best I have found is cabin creek smokehouse bbq in aspen park. Right down the road from cts. One of the guys who works there drives a 40 too. They have all the regular stuff but their smoked ribs and chicken are to die for. Might be the best chicken I ever ate. Not the kind of stuff I normally get at a bbq joint, but ya gotta try em. http://cabin-creek-smokehouse-barbeque.com/

Jacket
07-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Staying local on to the north side, KT's is pretty good stuff, especially the piggie plate. They're at 75th and Arapahoe in Boulder, and they have another shop near Brothers in Broomfield.