PDA

View Full Version : Do you have an unlocked 80?

Romer
07-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Oleg has a set of locked axles with the electronics and harnesses. I have already retrofitted the rear locker, have all the electronics and cables. So If someone wanted to go in with me on a set you can have the rear axle, ECU and cables, I just want the front axle.

The rear locker is the one you will need 80% of the time.

He is asking $2500, but he is offering some trade value on the old axle.

I was just looking for the front locker, but I would rather get these and help Oleg out. I don't want him to have to break up a set though.

Let me know

corsair23
07-20-2007, 09:48 PM
STOP tempting me!! Must resist....must resist :)

Romer
07-20-2007, 10:04 PM
STOP tempting me!! Must resist....must resist :)

Why. Then your other 80 would be locked in the rear in case you need it.

The axle works better for me because then I won't have to gear it down and grind a slot in my current axle.

corsair23
07-21-2007, 02:41 AM
Why. Then your other 80 would be locked in the rear in case you need it.

Well, that's the issue. The :Princess:'s 80 will probably never see anything tougher than a dirt road. So, a locked rear would be an absolute waste until and if we ever sell it. Then, it might be somewhat of a selling point, maybe. I'd love to help Oleg out (and you) and tried very hard to justify buying a complete set from him before but all of you talked me out of it :D.

I tell you what though, if you can let me know what the bottom line price would be I'll consider it...I know he wants $2500 for the set less trade in value for our axles. I assume the axles need to be serviced etc. The rear in my 80 has less than 100K on it, any idea on the mileage on the set Oleg has?