PDA

View Full Version : Toyota or Charlies Garage....

acon40
07-21-2007, 08:48 AM
So I want to drop my truck off for a inspection. I just want the shop to check things out, tell me whats going on and what needs to be service/replaced. My question is do I take my 80 to Charlies Garage or Boulder Toyota? Why one vs the other and what are the rates for what I want done......or the service even called hahaha.

Bruce Miller
07-21-2007, 04:51 PM
I wouldn't go to the dealer. I'm always impressed with the work done at Charlie's Garage, especially by Steve on the older cruisers.

You might try L1 Automotive in Berthoud. Greg Mandile was a Toyota master tech working at Toyota until about 2 weeks ago. That's when he started L1 Automotive, his own business servicing Toyotas. He's honest and trustworthy and an excellent mechanic and since he's just starting out, he's looking for work. He's near Highway 287 and Bunyan Avenue.

Just before we took a vacation, Greg did for us exactly what you are looking to have done. He inspected our 80 series and while the cruiser was on the lift he pointed out things that may need attention as well as things that we might want to have repaired for safety's sake and because it just made good sense. No pressure to fix things only to increase the invoice total.

His number is 970-532-0373.

acon40
07-21-2007, 07:34 PM
If you don't mind me asking what did he charge?

Bruce Miller
07-22-2007, 11:02 AM
I don't remember. He did the inspection in January, 2007, just a few days before our trip. I haven't got the receipt. Call him and ask him what he would charge you for the inspection you're looking to have done.

Rzeppa
07-23-2007, 08:21 PM
I've never heard of Charlies Garage (good, bad or otherwise until this thread), but I wouldn't hesitate to take an 80 to Christo's. I know of no one on the face of the earth who's seem more 80s and knows the specific things to look for than Christo at Slee Off Road.

nakman
07-23-2007, 08:40 PM
I've had and heard only positive things about Charlie's, they're pretty popular in the north side. But same goes for Slee.. however you cheated Jeff the choices were A or B, and you picked C. :lmao:

Phrog
07-25-2007, 10:37 AM
I've been taking my Cruisers (60,62,40) to Charley's for years,
and have always been happy with them. Good work at a
fair price.

-Phrog

Uncle Ben
07-25-2007, 10:55 PM
If I didn't do my own work I would be a regular customer at Charlie's! Another Toy specific shop that does excellent work is Tim's Toy Shop in Longmont.

Maddmatt
07-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Lets throw one more in, Charlies did great work on both my 40 and my 62. Wouldn't hesitate to go back.