PDA

View Full Version : Someone stage a run

LandBruiser
07-23-2007, 01:28 PM
I am tired of wheeling by myself:hill: , its prime weather. I am not a coordinator type, so will someone take some initiative and plan a run:D

:cheers:
Jason

wesintl
07-23-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm goin's somewhere this weekend.... once I decide I'll post where.

subzali
07-23-2007, 02:01 PM
We might be heading up Spring Creek on Sunday...not 100% yet but pretty sure.

Uncle Ben
07-23-2007, 03:35 PM
I am tired of wheeling by myself:hill: , its prime weather. I am not a coordinator type, so will someone take some initiative and plan a run:D

Jason

You should have went to South Dakota! Kick butt time as always and very few 80's. (You would have shared the high pedestal with me and Kris Holt! ;) ) 40's from junkyard fresh to restored to bad boy huge and everything in between! BBQ ribs, 1/3 BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, scrumptious real mashed potatoes, huge flaky dinner rolls with honey butter and best damn friendly group of folks around! I even won back more stuff than I paid for in raffle tickets! Wife and youngest had an absolute great time too AND...the wife and daughter actually mentioned it would be fun to go back next year! Soooooo....you should have showed some initiative, got registered and went on the run! ;) :lmao: :hill: :cheers: :cool:

Hulk
07-23-2007, 04:24 PM
...very few 80's. (You would have shared the high pedestal with me and Kris Holt! ;) )
Kowboy has an 80? :confused:

Uncle Ben
07-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Kowboy has an 80? :confused:

Doood....ya really gotta stop smokin' dat stuff! :rolleyes: :brick: :smokin: :hill:

Hulk
07-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Different Holt?

Romer
07-23-2007, 04:43 PM
I wanted to go but it was to close to when I got back from vacation. Tag me up for next year. This is an easy drive there and only about 6 hours.

You have any pictures Kevin?

Uncle Ben
07-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Different Holt?

Definitely! Kris used to be in RS. Moved East for more airframe and power plant schooling, then got a job and got married and...... If you remember him he had a 40 with different color body parts (on purpose.)

bigbluefj
07-23-2007, 06:29 PM
did you see a silver 45 down from canada his name was 45kevin from my club up here??

kevin

Uncle Ben
07-23-2007, 07:11 PM
did you see a silver 45 down from canada his name was 45kevin from my club up here??

kevin

Yes I did! He sat right by us a dinner. True Canadian fashion he donated a metric 6 of Canadian beer ...eh :thumb: :canada: ;)

Pirated from DTC forum....

bigbluefj
07-23-2007, 08:54 PM
that's him

Chris
07-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Jason & Wes,

I'd really be up for something this weekend.

:thumb:

LandBruiser
07-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Jason & Wes,

Hey Chris, its been awhile. Nice, who else is in? Any suggestions on other trails?

bustanutley
07-24-2007, 08:28 AM
How was the weather up there this time of year Kevin? I have heard it gets pretty freaking hot this time of year. What about wild bills? it was just down the street from where we stayed this year.

wesintl
07-24-2007, 08:57 AM
depends on if I get the 40 running this week too. I thought about a nice trip up to bill moore with the stock 40. If I take the 70 then I dunno yet.

bigbluefj
07-24-2007, 10:21 AM
it's about 31 to 35 this time of year when where you at wild bill's???

kevin

bustanutley
07-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Oh I was referring to Uncleben (kevin) and wild bills campsite in south dekota.

bigbluefj
07-24-2007, 11:18 AM
oh well:D

subzali
07-24-2007, 11:28 AM
That's celsius talk too...:rolleyes: :D

Uncle Ben
07-24-2007, 03:09 PM
How was the weather up there this time of year Kevin? I have heard it gets pretty freaking hot this time of year. What about wild bills? it was just down the street from where we stayed this year.

Wild Bills is one of the nicest campgrounds I've ever stayed at! I was with Greg and Charlie when they were reading the feedback sheets and everybody raved on how great the campground was!
It was freaking hot! Top of the 90's up to 102*F! Did Iceman on Friday and it was insanely HOT. Luckily there was only 5 rigs and we were all well set up so we kept moving. 102*F up there feels cooler than it does down here because of the moist air in the forest. The hard cores played hard on Hal Johns, Fruity Pebbles and Flat Nasty repeatedly as they were very close to camp.

bustanutley
07-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Word on the street while we were there was that fruity pebbles and kong were a no-go because forest service was watching them or something. Heard fruity pebbles is supposed be badass, hopefully next year. The flat nasties are fun nothing too crazy but that waterfall is badass. And hal jons, I have never experienced anything that comes close, it just keeps goin and going! Hardcore all the way!

102 is hot! Memorial day was 70s to 80s great great weather.

wesintl
07-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Jason & Wes,

what are you thinking chris?

I haven't been up jenny creek this year...

LandBruiser
07-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Okay, well I am going to be camping on Sat. night in BV on some private land. Anyone is welcome to join. The land is owned by the owner of River Runners the rafting company.

Planning on running Chinaman on Sun. I am camping with some friends from Crested Butte. My buddy from CB has a taco with 3.5" and 33's. You guys think he make it thru without armor and getting body damage?

Hulk
07-26-2007, 01:59 PM
My buddy from CB has a taco with 3.5" and 33's. You guys think he make it thru without armor and getting body damage?

If he's a good driver, sure.

Chris
07-26-2007, 02:02 PM
what are you thinking chris?

I haven't been up jenny creek this year...

Jenny Creek sounds good to me, haven't been this year either. Jason's out so who wants to join us?

MDH33
07-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Jenny Creek sounds good to me, haven't been this year either. Jason's out so who wants to join us?

I need to do a shake down run with my 40, so I'd be up for it depending on what time you are going.

subzali
07-26-2007, 05:52 PM
If I wasn't up there just last weekend I'd be down...son of a I guess I just jumped the gun.

SROR/AKA 2BAD
07-27-2007, 06:49 AM
what day wes/chris?
going to the rockies game on sunday.

saturday?

wesintl
07-27-2007, 08:46 AM
sat say 8:30 rollinsville. I like to get back at a reasonable time.

Subzali, does that mean you're coming?

If I can get my GD parts to put my knuckles back together i might take the 40 up bill moore on sun.

MDH33
07-27-2007, 08:50 AM
sat say 8:30 rollinsville. I like to get back at a reasonable time.

Subzali, does that mean you're coming?

If I can get my GD parts to put my knuckles back together i might take the 40 up bill moore on sun.

Saturday 8:30 is too early for me. I have a 13 mile run planned for marathon training that I'll start at 6am, but could probably do something later in the morning/afternoon.

If you guys can only go early Saturday, I might just solo something on Sunday.

Red_Chili
07-27-2007, 09:00 AM
If you guys are indeed heading up Jenny Creek, I have a sign that needs installing at the base of where the snow drifts form at the top. If you swing by I can set you up with the post, sign, and a post driver to set it. PM me.

subzali
07-27-2007, 09:01 AM
No, can't make Saturday. Sorry :(

wesintl
07-27-2007, 09:07 AM
If you guys are indeed heading up Jenny Creek, I have a sign that needs installing at the base of where the snow drifts form at the top. If you swing by I can set you up with the post, sign, and a post driver to set it. PM me.

Will it fit in my 70 Bill? I'd be happy to do anything needed up there

Red_Chili
07-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Yep, it is small.

wesintl
07-27-2007, 10:03 AM
I can swing by this evening 7-8 ok?

Red_Chili
07-27-2007, 10:05 AM
That should work, earlier the better. I'm free from 5:30 on unless my lovely bride wants to go out to eat. Other than that, honey-dos.

Call as things firm up and if I am out maybe I can leave it by the back door, work for ya?

Squishy!
07-27-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm totally down with a run tomorrow if I can get back afternoon-ish i got a b-day party to cook dessert for. (:cheers: dad!) anyway I just recently finished the X-tra cab swap on my mini, so I could use a shake down run. (not to mention I've got a BIG TIME wheelin itch... It's the most expensive kind...)

wesintl
07-27-2007, 10:29 AM
That should work, earlier the better. I'm free from 5:30 on unless my lovely bride wants to go out to eat. Other than that, honey-dos.

Call as things firm up and if I am out maybe I can leave it by the back door, work for ya?

alright, I might be able to swing by earlier. You tell me what time works for you and I'll be there:thumb:

Chris
07-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Saturday won't work for me now, my daughter wants to go out for the first time and have to wait til Sunday.

8:30 is also just too early also, I'm recovering from jet lag. :o

wesintl
07-27-2007, 11:40 AM
np.. Just like skiing I like to leave early, get there before other groups you have to wait for on the trail, have good visibility before storms roll in and I can get back at a reasonable time, cut the lawn, and still have a day left.

MDH33
07-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Saturday 8:30 is too early for me. I have a 13 mile run planned for marathon training that I'll start at 6am, but could probably do something later in the morning/afternoon.

If you guys can only go early Saturday, I might just solo something on Sunday.

No, can't make Saturday. Sorry :(

I'm totally down with a run tomorrow if I can get back afternoon-ish i got a b-day party to cook dessert for. (:cheers: dad!) anyway I just recently finished the X-tra cab swap on my mini, so I could use a shake down run. (not to mention I've got a BIG TIME wheelin itch... It's the most expensive kind...)

Saturday won't work for me now, my daughter wants to go out for the first time and have to wait til Sunday.

8:30 is also just too early also, I'm recovering from jet lag. :o

np.. Just like skiing I like to leave early, get there before other groups you have to wait for on the trail, have good visibility before storms roll in and I can get back at a reasonable time, cut the lawn, and still have a day left.

Do you guys want to try running it early Sunday instead?

Red_Chili
07-27-2007, 01:05 PM
alright, I might be able to swing by earlier. You tell me what time works for you and I'll be there:thumb:
5:30-6 ish if you can! Thanks, Wes!!!:thumb:

Squishy!
07-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Can't... I've got motorcycle safety class WOOHOO!!! I just bought a Buell XB9S Lightning... 984cc's of b-e-a-utiful torque. see my sig for a pic of the bike

Do you guys want to try running it early Sunday instead?

Red_Chili
07-27-2007, 03:16 PM
I had a 350cc Bultaco when I was 20... Sheesh.

Chris
07-27-2007, 08:24 PM
This appears to have fizzled out. I'll be going to Jenny Creek sometime tomorrow. If you're still going early Wes maybe we'll pass along the way somewhere.

MDH33
07-27-2007, 08:49 PM
This appears to have fizzled out. I'll be going to Jenny Creek sometime tomorrow. If you're still going early Wes maybe we'll pass along the way somewhere.

What time will you be going Chris? I'll probably go up late morning too.

(if it's not still raining heavily. :) don't want to tear up the trail)

Chris
07-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Probably be out of Denver about 9am or so.

J Kimmel
07-28-2007, 08:17 AM
staged for sunday, whos in :)

wesintl
07-28-2007, 04:38 PM
I was up there today. It was a nice morning. I made good time on JK, set the sign for Bill and then drove up as far as you can to needle eye. I hiked up to the tressels that were in the clouds. The south seemed to be clear. The tressels and the valley to the north was soc'd in. I walked around the tressels some, high tailed it back to my truck and made it to yankee doodle when it decided to unleash heavy rain all the way to the valley floor at the tunnel.

Man It is beautiful up there but I can't take much of rollins pass north of the tunnel. That road is down right brutal.

I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon (just finish watching the tour) putting my knuckles back on the 40. Hopefully tomorrow I'll take a leisurely trip up to bill moore in the ole '64

wesintl
07-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Bill Moore was a nice day too. Did I miss you Martin? I heard there was a green 40 with a softtop up there.

MDH33
07-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Bill Moore was a nice day too. Did I miss you Martin? I heard there was a green 40 with a softtop up there.

Yeah, Kim and were on the lookout for you. We were there at about 10am and came down around 1:00 just before the lightning and rain came in. What time did you go up?

Wow, Bill Moore is BUMPY this year, very rocky. Lots of atv's and dirt bikes too. The trail and campsites were nice and clean though, we only picked up about 7 or 8 bottles and cans.

wesintl
07-30-2007, 11:20 AM
I dunno how I missed you. The FJC said there was a green 40 there about 20 min ago at the lake. I was kinda messin around on the spur trails so maybe that's when. Where did you pass the group of jeeps on the way down?

Yeah. I need a non kidney busting cruiser. Holy cow is it bumpy. I'm kinda liking driving this old 40 to the store vs wheelin it. Lots of idiots up there but for the most part it was clean.

MDH33
07-30-2007, 11:28 AM
I ran into the jeep group on the way down at the spot where the trail divides then reconnects, just before the narrow off camber part through the woods. There was a huge 6 wheeled military vehicle not too far behind us, as well as a lifted 80 with some sort of decals on the doors.

Sorry we missed you, maybe next time. :thumb:

timmbuck2
07-30-2007, 11:37 AM
heh...I was there around 3, followed the FJC down around 4:30, missed the rain on the trail but hit it on thw way home...

Chris
07-30-2007, 05:21 PM
I never made it, got a late start then the rain came in. :mad:

LandBruiser
07-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Well, the inevitable happened this wknd. Running with no spare finally caught up to me. Didn't end up running chinaman, instead went up Grizzly Lake. Made it up and down fine. Then at the camp spot I was dickin around crawlin up a rock (on the trail) and when I backed down I tore open a sidewall:mad: Threw a few plugs in it and limped back to the D the next day at 60mph with my ass cheeks sqeezed the whole way:(

I bought a new tire...from 4wheelparts. I intend to get the road hazard replacement from Discount Tire like i should have. Now I am kind of hoping to rip another sidewall so I can at least have two new matching tires:D Do they replace the tire no question? Does anyone have experience with this? It has to be worth $120 right?

subzali
07-30-2007, 08:48 PM
might want to start a new thread since this thread has covered like three topics already...but I don't think they warranty off-road damage, but they might. :dunno:

nakman
07-30-2007, 08:55 PM
they definitely cover off-highway damage, Discount too. how could you even rip a sidewall on the highway?

subzali
07-30-2007, 08:57 PM
There's all kinds of crazy stuff on the highways...we had a fork go through the side of the Suburban tire once...

LandBruiser
07-30-2007, 09:15 PM
What if you end up getting two or three sidewalls torn. I dont see how they keep people from just punching a hole in the last tire or two to get a free set of tires? When can they tell you NO? Im sure if I went wheeling every other weekend I could slash at least two tires a year

corsair23
07-31-2007, 02:16 AM
Edit: Saw new thread and moved my post to there