PDA

View Full Version : Need trail leaders for Rally

Romer
07-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Last year we ran 3 trails

easy - Bill Moore

Med - Red Cone

Hard - Don't remember

Thinking of running the same trails again. Need leaders for the 3 and a spot for the Hard trail.

Matt Farr do you want to lead Red Cone again?

Jeff or the other Matt want to lead Bill Moore

who wants to do the harder trail. Christo think we can get Ben to do it?

Post up this would be Sunday August 12th. We need to get this going so people can make plans.

Thanks,

Rally Committee

JadeRunner
07-24-2007, 07:53 PM
I think the hard trail was Indy. I can't drive for 5 more weeks or so - my summer is shot.

Convert
07-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Lexusben and I will take Redcone:thumb:

Romer
07-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks Ben and Dan. I am planning on going to Red Cone with you along with the Romer Caravan.

Need someone for Bill Moore and a more challenging trail

Beater
07-24-2007, 10:23 PM
I am out - sorry.

Convert
07-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Here are a few pics from last weekend of Webster/Redcone and Radical Hill.

J Kimmel
07-25-2007, 12:09 AM
the date would be the 12th? Do I have to be a RS member? I could lead any hard trail :) Truck should be back together in the next couple of days.

LandBruiser
07-25-2007, 12:17 AM
I was just up at Slee today and realized I will be out of town for the rally:mad:

IMHO the Hard should be something hard instead of what I would consider Extreme. Since Christo, Ben and their crew were the only ones on Indy last year maybe you guys could choose something between RedCone and INDY in difficulty. LeftHand Canyon, Chinaman/Carnage, Eagle Rock, Spring Creek???
Just a suggestion.

Jason

Shark Bait
07-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Holy Cross?

Beater
07-25-2007, 07:43 AM
I think that's an excellent point about indy, problem is most of the "hard" co trails are so far for a day run. Spring creek with a no bypass rule would qualify as hard I think...

Uncle Ben
07-25-2007, 07:49 AM
I think that's an excellent point about indy, problem is most of the "hard" co trails are so far for a day run. Spring creek with a no bypass rule would qualify as hard I think...

Carnage - Boulder?, Slaughter House - Boulder?,

Three Wheel Ben
07-25-2007, 08:29 AM
I was thinking spring creek might be a good hard run as well.

Romer
07-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Good suggestions. Need a leader for that (jkimmel?) and one for Bill Moore.

J Kimmel
07-25-2007, 10:01 AM
I'd be happy to do it, I'm dying to get out. Is there somewhere I can find info on it? I tried looking at the calendar and nothing there. Whichever hard trail you pick is fine by me, I'm comfotable with them all.

Holy Cross is a good suggestion though :)

wait this is the swap meet deal off of 6th and kipling right? Some sort of afternoon trail afterward, I think something close would be best.

nuclearlemon
07-25-2007, 10:09 AM
I'd be happy to do it, I'm dying to get out. Is there somewhere I can find info on it? I tried looking at the calendar and nothing there. Whichever hard trail you pick is fine by me, I'm comfotable with them all.

Holy Cross is a good suggestion though :)

wait this is the swap meet deal off of 6th and kipling right? Some sort of afternoon trail afterward, I think something close would be best.

it is the swap meet, but the trails are run the day after, not immediately after.

timmbuck2
07-25-2007, 10:11 AM
I could do or at least help on the easy run....in the 80...

Romer
07-25-2007, 10:48 AM
The Rally is Sat August 11th and the Runs would be Sunday August 12th. I am thinking a start time of 9AM would be good as a suggestion. We need to get the leaders firmed up and then post here, on Mud the details for the ralley and the runs. so far it lloks like

Bill Moore
Red Cone
Spring Creek or Holy Cross

JKimmel - you can check the archives in trip reports to see pictures. have you run either of those trails? Don't want to get anyone lost.

Tim do you know Bill Moore enough to feel comfortable leading it? Generally the best spot to meet for that is the Burger King in Downeville.

Dan/Ben - what tim do you want to start Red Cone and whats your meeting spot?

Still

Three Wheel Ben
07-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Probably meet same as last year - Conoco in Bailey @ 9 am. Leave 9:30.

Hopefully this year my kids won't lock the keys in the car.

The Rally is Sat August 11th and the Runs would be Sunday August 12th. I am thinking a start time of 9AM would be good as a suggestion. We need to get the leaders firmed up and then post here, on Mud the details for the ralley and the runs. so far it lloks like

Bill Moore
Red Cone
Spring Creek or Holy Cross

JKimmel - you can check the archives in trip reports to see pictures. have you run either of those trails? Don't want to get anyone lost.

Tim do you know Bill Moore enough to feel comfortable leading it? Generally the best spot to meet for that is the Burger King in Downeville.

Dan/Ben - what tim do you want to start Red Cone and whats your meeting spot?

Still

Romer
07-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Probably meet same as last year - Conoco in Bailey @ 9 am. Leave 9:30.

Hopefully this year my kids won't lock the keys in the car.

Give Dan a spare :D

J Kimmel
07-25-2007, 12:42 PM
I've run them all, Spring Creek, HC, Penrose. Be happy to head up any of them, just let me know which one :)

timmbuck2
07-25-2007, 12:55 PM
I don't know Bill Moore that great, but I could re-run it this weekend...

Rezarf
07-25-2007, 02:54 PM
I'd be all over Bill Moore Lake, if my tailbone wasn't cracked... hehe I said cracked! :D

gcmandrake
07-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Damn, I've got classes on the 11th and 12th. I can take someone on Bill Moore (or Red Elephant Hill for that matter). Sorry.

the Other Matt

Romer
07-29-2007, 10:48 AM
I posted the following on Mud. Feel free to add to it if needed. Trail leaders ( Tim, Ben/Dan, Jeremey) we need to set up meeting times and places. Here is what I have so far

Bill Moore 0 Burger King in Downieville (9AM?)

Red Cone - Conoco in Bailey - 9AM

Spring Creek - Downiville is probably best. Since this is a longer trail may want to do 8 or 8:30.

Let me know trail leaders.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=2390243&postcount=7

timmbuck2
07-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Tim or Timm? :)

Romer
07-29-2007, 02:06 PM
You. which every one you are.

timmbuck2
07-29-2007, 02:33 PM
:) Don't want to get confused with any other Tim or Timm's, etc. My hockey teammates call me T-Buck...my softball guys called me Buck. Whatever you call me, count me in for Bill Moore Lake. I will re-run it before the 11th.

T

J Kimmel
07-29-2007, 06:50 PM
I will be there at 830, thats probably best to get started a bit earlier and beat any traffic or you can be there all day :)

Here is my truck, I pull with a silver CC Duramax, see you there :)

subzali
08-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Do we want to cross-post this to the rally section or the event staging section? I knew the thread existed but it took me a little bit to find out exactly where it was...do we need to start getting head counts for the trails, I'm in for Red Cone.