PDA

View Full Version : Grant Steering Wheel Installation Question

corsair23
07-25-2007, 03:45 AM
Yep, actually working on the 40...slowly but I'm working on it :D

I posted this up on MUD (http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=168165) but thought maybe some of you might be able to answer this question :thumb:

MUD post:
I've searched and almost found what I needed (I think) but the pictures aren't showing up anymore :(

On my 40 I have a Grant steering wheel. I'm replacing it with a new steering wheel and the security system.

The existing steering wheel was installed by the PPO, and either he did not install the signalling cancellation when putting on the wheel or with a Grant wheel you can't get it to work. Based on the threads I read I think it is the first option.

So, assuming that you can get the signalling cancellation to work with a Grant steering wheel, anyone by chance have pictures of how to set it up? Might seem super simple but the instructions for using the rolled pins leave a lot to be desired for me and I don't want to mess something up. The directions state to set it up like the stock steering wheel which, obviously, I don't have and can't look at.

The Grant "hub" has about 6 or so holes on the backside which appear to be where you are to install one or both of the rolled pins. Question is which of the holes do I use and how deep do I drive those buggers in? I could just do a trial and error but knowing me I'd bust something and end up with bigger problems :eek:

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :thumb:

corsair23
07-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Another thought is if anyone has a picture of what the OEM steering wheel hub looks like from the underside? I.E. how the signal cancellation system works? That is what Grant states to use to set up their custom hub but if you don't have an OEM wheel/hub, it is hard to do :(

I'm sure this is super simple and I'm over analyzing it but my wrenching time is limited to late at night right now - brain doesn't work so well late at night :)