07-26-2007, 09:16 AM
It happens... take care:
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=74303

wesintl
07-26-2007, 09:45 AM
:eek:

Shark Bait
07-26-2007, 09:55 AM
That one looks like it could have cracked at the neck first. We worry about that all the time with scuba cylinders. Consequently, we visually inspect then for cracks annually. :rolleyes:

gcmandrake
07-27-2007, 03:43 PM
When working with gas under pressure you should always be careful. Even with those CO2 cylinders we use to fill our tires. I used to work with gaseous and liquid hydrogen (in a sub-basement no less) and we'd watch with horror as the gas delivery guy would spin the cylinder off of the bed of the truck to the asphalt some four feet below. Aluminum SCUBA tanks at 3000psi and thats just air! Yikes. I could tell you stories...

the Other Matt

nakman
07-27-2007, 04:04 PM
I remember watching the Nitrogen delivery guy from General Air come cruising down the hall spinning two cylinders, one in each hand. Guess he could do that since that's what he did for a living... then as safety guy had to make everyone use two chains to secure them, use the dolly with chain to move them, always move with the cover screwed on, etc. I've heard several "missile" stories, never seen one though. I'm sure it's a lot like a CO2 car only magnified.

Rezarf
07-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Ever see the Mythbuster's where they chop the cylinder valve off and it shoots through 1.5 concrete walls?

Amazing to see the energy stored in one cylinder! YIKES!

Drew