PDA

View Full Version : Can someone recommend a good shop for bodywork?

treerootCO
07-27-2007, 10:23 AM
I need a shop that can repair the Mercury. I know Oleg would if he could but I don't want to bother him at the moment.

For those that know what happened, I feel really bad about the circumstances. Out of respect, lets keep the details off the forums....

CardinalFJ60
07-27-2007, 10:44 AM
OK...don't laugh. The name of the place is Exotic Bodies by Jim...yes...it's an auto bady shop. It's in Lafayette sorta by Pioneer Sand.

super nice guy, BIG shop, always has a handful of complete restos going on. last I was there I think I saw a Mach 1 resto. Jim's kinda a Mopar/muscle car guy...and he also worked for Toyota for about 15years. :thumb:

HTH

Ron Helmuth
07-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Sam's Automotive Oxford just east of Santa Fe

Englewood main location

Mike Chavez-Son of the founder

Allstate guaranteed shop-

Their history with classics like your Merc is cataloged in their waiting rooms

Cheap-probably not. Quality work-yes

Red_Chili
07-27-2007, 10:54 AM
I've been impressed with CIM Auto Body so far, with the Chili. They aren't done yet, but Terry knows his stuff, is a super guy, and will work with you.

Uncle Ben
07-27-2007, 10:55 AM
:thumb: Your a class act Sir Mike! :thumb: :thumb:

Romer
07-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks Mike, but I am the SOB that backed into your Merc and deserve any s&%t coming my way. I am paying for all repairs.

I feel horrible about it.

As Kevin said, you are a class act!

Shark Bait
07-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Wheels of Time on S. Tejon in Englewood.

gr8fulabe
07-27-2007, 12:14 PM
http://www.classicmustangs.com/shop_pictures.htm

Hi 'root,

I have my 65 galaxie at this place right now getting road worthy again. The place is named, "Classic Mustangs" But they actually work on all manner of muscle cars & classics. They do really good work, as I have seen a bunch of stuff they do, but I don't know what sort of prices their body shop work goes for...

Red_Chili
07-27-2007, 02:06 PM
As Kevin said, you are a class act!
So are you Ken, so are you.

Hulk
07-27-2007, 02:14 PM
For those that know what happened, I feel really bad about the circumstances. Out of respect, lets keep the details off the forums....

I'm glad Romer said something -- I was envisioning some really horrific circumstances.

SROR/AKA 2BAD
07-27-2007, 09:38 PM
OK...don't laugh. The name of the place is Exotic Bodies by Jim...yes...it's an auto bady shop. It's in Lafayette sorta by Pioneer Sand.

super nice guy, BIG shop, always has a handful of complete restos going on. last I was there I think I saw a Mach 1 resto. Jim's kinda a Mopar/muscle car guy...and he also worked for Toyota for about 15years. :thumb:

HTH

x2 on that

i've done ALOT of selling to all the local BS in colorado.

complete a/b is just north of rocky's auto, they also are a good shop.
talk to barb :thumb: