PDA

View Full Version : Lori's Surgery

Uncle Ben
07-30-2007, 12:32 AM
He all,
Just a quick request to keep my wife, Lori, in your thoughts and prayers. Shoulder surgery is scheduled for Tuesday and a long recovery afterwards. If this doesn't work her only option left is to have her left shoulder fused. Have a brew or two for me Wednesday night.....I could use 'em! :rolleyes: :o

corsair23
07-30-2007, 02:40 AM
UB,

Hoping for the best for the both of you!! Prayers will be that this will work and the recovery will happen in record time :thumb:

Kenon698
07-30-2007, 06:22 AM
We will be thinking about you. The best to both of you. If you need anything let me know.

treerootCO
07-30-2007, 07:18 AM
I am already wishing for the best possible outcome. Call if you need anything and make sure Lori takes it easy after surgery :D

Romer
07-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Kevin, let us know if you need anything

DaveInDenver
07-30-2007, 08:30 AM
She will be in our thoughts, only the best to both of you. If there's anything, just say the word.

nakman
07-30-2007, 08:58 AM
same here :beer2:

wesintl
07-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Good luck UB. We'll be thinking of ya

RockRunner
07-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Only the best thoughts for her and your family.

nuclearlemon
07-30-2007, 10:32 AM
hope all goes well and good luck

60wag
07-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Best of luck. I hear tipping the surgeon helps :)

Shark Bait
07-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Best of luck to Lori for a successful surgery.

Uncle Ben
07-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers! Today is a busy and nervous day as we are getting ready for tomorrow. Last couple days have been very touch and go as her shoulder has been "quivering" a lot and she (we) haven't had much sleep. She's first up tomorrow on the cutting roster and the procedure should take about 3 hours. The brace she has been fitted to is nasty and she is already very self concious about it. She will have 0 mobility for the next 2-3 weeks then starts the process of training it to move again. She will be in the brace for 8-10 weeks. Please continue the good thoughts and prayers...this is gonna be a tough next couple weeks!

MDH33
07-30-2007, 11:50 AM
wow, sounds like some major surgery. I hope it all goes well and a fast recovery.:)

What exactly is her condition? I used to work at an orthopedic institute, so I saw a lot of shoulder, knee and hip surgeries.

Uncle Ben
07-30-2007, 11:58 AM
wow, sounds like some major surgery. I hope it all goes well and a fast recovery.:)

What exactly is her condition? I used to work at an orthopedic institute, so I saw a lot of shoulder, knee and hip surgeries.

Congenital Multi Directional Instability (CMDI) In other words her shoulder does not stay in socket very well and the biggest problem with repair is it's a genetic defect and not from an injury. I might note that this is the third surgery on this shoulder!

Rezarf
07-30-2007, 12:14 PM
You and Lori and the physicians are in our prayers, Kevin. Give a hollar if you need anything! I am around all week, and two minutes away.

Drew

Inukshuk
07-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Thinking of you both.

BTW, who is doing it? I just saw my friend Dr. Martin Boublik at Stedman-Hawkins for a ankle sprain. Fortunately mine is not too bad.

LandBruiser
07-30-2007, 02:15 PM
:thumb: Stay positive! Everything will turn out fine. Best,

Jason

bigbluefj
07-30-2007, 06:50 PM
hope thing's go well for your wife i'm sure she's in good hand's, you better watch out for that back hand after she's all fixed up it's going to hurt when she's smack's you..

kevin

Red_Chili
07-31-2007, 08:31 AM
You're in our prayers, UB!!

Uncle Ben
07-31-2007, 11:30 AM
Been a long day already! We left the house at 05:30 got here on Bellveiw off I-25 in just under an hour. After keeping her in a deep freeze (don't ya hate over AC'd offices?) in just a gown and thin blanket till 09:30 they got her drugged and shes getting cut now. Surgery will take about 3 hours then an hour wake up and another hour observation. She was a nervous wreck! Luckily I have a choice of wifi connections here in the waiting room! Tried doing some work but keep surfing Mud and other gearhead sites instead. Judging by my rambling I should prolly lay off the Java for a while! ;) Oh well....back to furthering my knowledge base via Google.........:rolleyes: :cool:

Edit: Cruiser content....looking in the parking lot I see two 80's....both are 40th Anniversary Editions and neither are mine...what are the odds of that? :eek: :bowdown: :kevin: :kevin:

MDH33
07-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Edit: Cruiser content....looking in the parking lot I see two 80's....both are 40th Anniversary Editions and neither are mine...what are the odds of that? :eek: :bowdown: :kevin: :kevin:

That's a good omen that the cruiser gods are smiling on you both today. :D

wesintl
07-31-2007, 12:05 PM
if either have a diff lock leave a note and see if they are for sale :hill:

I need an 80. Good luck UB

Uncle Ben
07-31-2007, 12:16 PM

Hard to tell from 3rd floor window but maybe a walk out to warmer air might do me some good.....

The 1st one to pull in definately was loved as the guy looked back at it at least twice after parking it at the far (safe) side of the lot. The second one pulled in driven by a lady and she drove right by the first one and didn't even look that way....clueless, undeserving and downright wrong!

Ohhhhhh...Cruiser update.....a georgeous gray/charcoal two tone 62 just parked next to the first 80 and in true Cruiserhead form is checking it out right now! :lmao: ....maybe this guy is headed up here....;)

corsair23
07-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Sounds like a good start to the day! Nothing but good can come from all those Cruisers in the lot :)

Uncle Ben
07-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Sounds like a good start to the day! Nothing but good can come from all those Cruisers in the lot :)
Thats my thoughts exactly!

I've snoozed off a couple times so the caffeine must be wearing off....must be time to head to the lobby for a iced mocha.....

treerootCO
07-31-2007, 02:21 PM
My advice for the day: jumping in the elevator trying to set the counterweights for the next unsuspecting rider is not a good idea after surgery.....

Uncle Ben
07-31-2007, 05:46 PM
My advice for the day: jumping in the elevator trying to set the counterweights for the next unsuspecting rider is not a good idea after surgery.....

Too late! :lmao:

We are home....she hurts....surgery was supposedly very succesful and I'm sooooo needed....thanks all! Bye...:bolt: :risingsun

corsair23
07-31-2007, 11:23 PM
AWESOME!! Still keeping you guys in our thoughts :thumb:

Kipper
08-01-2007, 05:10 PM
she'll be the starting pitcher on the rising sun family softball team in no time!

Uncle Ben
08-01-2007, 05:46 PM
she'll be the starting pitcher on the rising sun family softball team in no time!

Judging by the yelp factor every three hours as we wait for the Vicodon overlap to shorten I'm guessing she won't be the opening pitcher anytime real soon! :( :rolleyes:

ginericLC
08-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Kevin,

I know I'm late on this but I hope she has a speedy recovery. Surgeries on joints suck. It takes so much time to heal.

Uncle Ben
08-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Kevin,

I know I'm late on this but I hope she has a speedy recovery. Surgeries on joints suck. It takes so much time to heal.

Thanks Eric! She is doing much better today.

wesintl
08-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Good to hear UB

treerootCO
08-03-2007, 02:55 PM
How are you and Lori doing today?

Uncle Ben
08-03-2007, 04:20 PM
How are you and Lori doing today?

Better, thanks! I have actually went out and worked in the garage a couple times today and got away with it. She looks much better (not that she has ever not looked great (better cover butt after seeing John get nailed!) and the pain and nausea are getting under better control. Her brace is and will be a PITA for quite some time but in the end it should be worth it!

Red_Chili
08-04-2007, 08:35 AM
On yelp factor, pain tolerance, etc.- just keep in mind that by the time most women would yelp, most men would be on the floor in a puddle. Women seem more fragile, don't you believe it!

Rezarf
08-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Kevin-

Hows the patient today? Give Lori our best!

Drew

Uncle Ben
08-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Kevin-

Hows the patient today? Give Lori our best!

Drew

The patient is fine but the attendees are excellent! Some really cool folks dropped of an out of this world casserole that was made last night and now the patient (who is Gluten intolerant) is very jealous of the happy moans of satisfied attendees! Dude....that little Iowa sweetie you conned into marriage can cook! YUM YUM! Thank you VERY MUCH! The patient has been fed well but somehow the level of satisfied groans from her just don't sound quite as intense. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :clap:

Rezarf
08-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Good to hear, I will pass it on to Stacy! :D She is so much better than I deserve!

Drew

Uncle Ben
08-05-2007, 12:42 PM

Hijack.....Wes, did you see this?

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=2415832#post2415832

PabloCruise
08-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Wow! I am so out of it!

Fatherhood is keeping me busy.

Glad things went well Kev. Any updates?

Sounds like she'll be ready to swim Horsetooth in '08!!!

Take good care of her.

Good luck,

Hulk
08-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Just got back from a week's vacation with my wife's family. Man am I glad to be back. Kevin, we'll add Lori to our prayer list. Hope she is feeling stronger and having less pain as she heals up.

Matt

Rezarf
08-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Uncle Ben-

How is "Aunt Ben" doing as she approaches a weeks recovery?

Uncle Ben
08-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Uncle Ben-

How is "Aunt Ben" doing as she approaches a weeks recovery?

Good, thanks! We went on a longer walk this morning, she went out with the girls today and sat while they BTS clothes shopped, we just went out to dinner and a quick trip to Wild Oats and she is pooped....in the chair out like a light! ;)

Rezarf
08-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Good, thanks! We went on a longer walk this morning, she went out with the girls today and sat while they BTS clothes shopped, we just went out to dinner and a quick trip to Wild Oats and she is pooped....in the chair out like a light! ;)

Good to hear! :thumb:

Man, I didn't think about her having to sleep with that traction brace on:eek: :( give her our best man!

Drew

treerootCO
09-13-2007, 09:45 AM
How is Lori doing? Let me know if you need anything.

Uncle Ben
09-13-2007, 10:22 AM
How is Lori doing? Let me know if you need anything.

Wow....you must be psychic! ....or is it psycho....I forget... :rolleyes:;) Tuesday marked her 6 week, in a massive brace, shoulder immobile mark. She has done very well so far and has been at work everyday. It has been a tough time for all of us as you can guess as she can't drive and obviously needs help with anything that would require use of two or at least a left arm. Yesterday the Doc removed the monster brace and seemed very happy with his work! :thumb: Yesterday she also began the next phase....physical torture! Her arm is very stable but as you can guess very stiff so this is gonna be a painful step. Lori is relieved at the Doctors positive prognosis but also a nervous wreck worrying about injury or just genetic loosening. She has quite a ways to go but she has been an incredible trooper and with what we are seeing she will do great. Thank you soooo much for thinking of her! Keep her in your prayers and thoughts as she intentionally stretches her muscles and ligaments beyond where they have been the last 6 weeks and attempts to get back to doing things for herself again. :bowdown::Princess::thumb::)

corsair23
09-13-2007, 01:31 PM
I can only imagine how painful that must be :eek:

Not only from the actual pain standpoint but from the mental standpoint...Tell her to hang in there and hopefully in 6 months it will all be a distant memory :thumb: