PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank....to boil or not to boil?

FJBen
07-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Alright...knee deep in middle of project "TBI" which turned into, pull the engine, re-paint, fix all leaks, new valve seals, (especially that leaking freeze plug behind the flywheel that I just found :eek: ) pull the gas tank fix all...etc etc...:thumb:

My friend said, might as well boil the tank out. So i haven't completely opened it yet to see, but earlier in the year, I had a small chunk of funk clog up a line.

would you just take it and get it boiled out??? $75.00 and they don't seal it. They say that it usually just flakes off after awhile. Any homebrew methods???

thoughts?

timmbuck2
07-30-2007, 12:38 PM
interesting to hear the opinions on this....I have a tank that Ige tells me needs to be re-lined. where is a good place? what else should I think about doing?

Timm

Uncle Ben
07-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Many radiator shops can hot tank and line fuel tanks.

SteveH
07-30-2007, 04:49 PM
I've seen several radiator shops advertise boiling and repairing gas tanks. You can buy tank lining products from Eastwood that have a good reputation.

Steve

FJBen
07-31-2007, 09:54 AM
Tank looks actually really good inside, I hear a few chunks and see a few little pieces...but I think I'll try to flush theose chunks out myself.