PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

RockRunner
08-01-2007, 09:24 AM
It seems that a lot of people here go wheeling and name the trail but nothing more. I have wheeled a lot around here for years but have a problem with names and locations.

This is what I thought would make it more informative for new comers and anybody else too. If you are posting a trip report add the location of the trail head and maybe how to get there. Maybe even go as far as to list the difficulty and time it takes to get there and duration on the trail.

Personally I would find it very informative and would hit more trails as I would have information that I could trust. There is nothing worse than trying to find a trail all day because somebody you barely know gave you the info.

I am sure somebody already thought of it but I just thought I would bring it up maybe again. :blah: :blah: :cheers:

subzali
08-01-2007, 09:28 AM
good idea...sometimes you just forget, but I personally would like to know how to get to Red Elephant and some more details about it...I'm not sure if 4x4trails.net has it listed or not.

Bighead
08-01-2007, 10:08 AM
good idea...sometimes you just forget, but I personally would like to know how to get to Red Elephant and some more details about it...I'm not sure if 4x4trails.net has it listed or not.

TrailDamage.com (http://www.traildamage.com) has that info.

LandBruiser
08-01-2007, 10:25 AM
You should get Charles Wells book. He has detailed info in them that will keep you from gettting off trail once you get there too. There is one for north of I-70 and one for south of I-70.

corsair23
08-01-2007, 01:22 PM
You should get Charles Wells book. He has detailed info in them that will keep you from gettting off trail once you get there too. There is one for north of I-70 and one for south of I-70.

x2 but buy them directly from the source and buy the spiral bound versions. I have both guides but not the spiral bound versions so I now need to get mine spiral bound. If you do a search here there is a thread that has the link to the site.

On a side note though, not all trails RS folk run are in Wells' book, or named the same. Like Slaughterhouse Gulch. IIRC that isn't in his book so having the info in the trip report would be helpful :thumb:.

RockRunner
08-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for some of the info, I do hav esome books but like Jeff pointed out some trails are different or need to be updated badly. It is always nice to hear first hand what lays ahead and or has changed on the trail.