PDA

View Full Version : Qdoba vs. Chipotle

nakman
08-02-2007, 04:04 PM
mmmmm, burritos.. :homer: Which is better, Qdoba (http://www.qdoba.com) or Chipotle (http://www.chipotle.com)?

and why... :blah:

nakman
08-02-2007, 04:16 PM
I think I like Qdoba best because of their habaņero salsa.. but I kind of like the rice better at Chipotle. Alas, still torn..

wesintl
08-02-2007, 04:19 PM
For the most part qdoba has a better menu but the carnitas are a tad better at chipolte...

Baja beats them both hands down though IMHO.

Uncle Ben
08-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Chipotle hands down! Wahoos should have been on the list!

Bighead
08-02-2007, 04:44 PM
I like Qdoba the best.

MDH33
08-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Qdoba - more meat, less rice, and better salsa. :)

nuclearlemon
08-02-2007, 05:12 PM
not too keen on them expensive burritos, but then, i prefer totinos for pizza also

Turtle60
08-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Expensive, mostly rice burritos! I like Wahoos.

Rezarf
08-02-2007, 06:03 PM
For burritos Chipotle, for quesadillas... the dobe...

my personal favorite... the bell, I think they put nicotine in the beef, there is no other reason I should like it so much! :D

Colorado80
08-02-2007, 06:04 PM
The quesadilla at Qdoba is for the lack of a better word, "wow"; it's crack good.

Uncle Ben
08-02-2007, 06:30 PM
my personal favorite... the bell, I think they put nicotine in the beef, there is no other reason I should like it so much! :D

Beef? when did they stop using Chihuahua? :confused: "Yo Quedo?"

subzali
08-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Oh that is it! I can't believe the 'dob is beating Chipotople! :mad: For seasoned beef (from what I've heard) and no doubt for the veggie burritos there just ain't no comparison! And the corn salsa at the 'dob has nothing on the same at Chipotle. I will say the queso does help the 'dob a lot though, the nachos are muy bueno! But still...

What about Illegal Pete's? They've got pretty good fish tacos, plus they're open early for breakfast burritos! But their regular burritos don't really hold a candle...

Shark Bait
08-02-2007, 09:19 PM
What about Illegal Pete's? They've got pretty good fish tacos, plus they're open early for breakfast burritos! But their regular burritos don't really hold a candle...

Where is that? :rolleyes:

nakman
08-02-2007, 09:56 PM
I love Illegal Pete's. The one on the hill in Boulder is decent but better to go to the one downtown on 16th street, just west of the RTD station (16th & Larimer, iirc) great food, great bar to hang out in too.

I also like Wahoo's, and actually still run the Bell on occasion but they're becoming a lot fewer and further between..

Hulk
08-05-2007, 09:20 PM
I think I've never ordered the right thing at Qdoba. I love me some Chipotle. Especially the corn salsa.

Red_Chili
08-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Del Taco when I need cheap and quick. Fish tacos ain't too bad. Weird to get them with fries though.

Wahoo's hands down.

My wife loves Qdoba. We eat there so often I'm pretty sick of it. I always order my burrito naked, enough with the starch! Their non-burrito stuff is ok.

Still looking for a decent New Mexican enchilada. Believe it or not the S. Platte Grille serves a pretty decent one, shredded beef, pungent enchilada sauce blood-red (friends do NOT let friends do orange enchilada sauce...). Bring your Harley and your earplugs though.

Or your Buell just to weird them out...:lmao: :cool:

For Mexican Greasy Spoon, 4Gs on Bowles and S. Platte Canyon Road is not too bad. Just not the enchiladas. Tacos al Carbon are darn good, as are the Tacos Carnitas.

I was VERY pleasantly surprised with the Old Santa Fe Grill across from Burt Toyota. Quite tasty, & affordable. STRONG Margs. VERY GOOD green chili & crispy rellenos. Pass on the tacos. Decent enchiladas, not all that memorable. I am quite picky with these however, so YMMV.

The reject list:
Las Delicias. A real disappointment. Similar to greasy spoon comments below.
Whatever the heck that 'Mexican Steak House' is named, on Broadway south of Arapahoe Road. Overpriced Mex. greasy spoon. Another disappointment.
The Mex greasy spoon at Windermere & Mineral. Had a VERY disappointing Huevos Rancheros one Sunday noon. The enchiladas are a textbook example of culinary disaster. Everything not to do with an enchilada. Grease, almost no red chili, orange mess, mushy tortilla, ground some kind of animal. Flavorless, just hot. Need I go on? Oh, yeah- gray frijoles refritos.

The not bad alternatives:
Hacienda Colorado- expensive, pretty good. The hot sauce fish tacos will anneal your innards, too hot for me. Great margs.
Three Margaritas- if you want camarones anything. Several interesting cream sauce-based high cholesterol recipes. Same with some chicken dishes. The one on County Line Road east of Broadway is better than the one on S. Wadsworth. Margs are OK, not bad. Generous portions. They hire Mexican nationals with tourist experience in Mexico, these are not low-budget employees and they take customer service seriously. Had a very interesting political discussion on immigration policy with one server, interesting perspective. Got some mind expansion to go with belly expansion.
On The Border is OK in a pinch, just not very adventuresome. Predictable. Like McDonalds.
Baja Fresh is about the best fast food Mexican I've found. Not all that memorable, but will get you through a meal.

Still looking for genuine New Mexican. You burrito junkies need to get out more!

Groucho
08-06-2007, 10:08 AM
But I will not expand due to personal reasons.:rip:

gcmandrake
08-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Actually, Pachangas (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=pachangas&near=Manhattan+Beach,+CA&fb=1&cid=33901820,-118385670,2106975137992279563&li=lmd&ie=UTF8&z=14&iwloc=A&om=1) in Manhattan Beach, CA, is the best. And don't get me started on the best pizza. Well, ok, it's Vincent's Restaurant (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=Vincent's+Restaurant&near=Lynbrook,+NY&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=14) in Lynbrook, NY.

the Other Matt

Red_Chili
08-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Old Mexico Grill in a strip mall just south of downtown Santa Fe.
Corn Dance Cafe in the Hotel Santa Fe, Native American owned.
When Denver gets a restaurant like these I will buy the place next door and live there.

ZappBranigan
08-09-2007, 07:51 PM
IMO neither one holds a candle to Moe's. :drool:

Sadly, Moe's seems to have closed their Denver location at 9th & Lincoln in the Beauvallon Condominium building. :(

Anyone else know about Moe's?

Maddmatt
08-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Had to vote for the 'doba, due to, as Cardinal already mentioned, the killer quesadillas. Very very good. Maybe go there now.

3margs (in Louisville) is our choice for family fare. Mariachhi bands on Thursday nights, and make sure you ask for a "large" Dos Equis when you order your beer. Plenty big, some restaurants would call it a pitcher.
-Matt

ssmathis
08-10-2007, 12:44 PM
We had a ton of Moe's in Atlanta and they were much better than Chipotle. I do wish we had one in the Springs.

Scott

IMO neither one holds a candle to Moe's. :drool:

Sadly, Moe's seems to have closed their Denver location at 9th & Lincoln in the Beauvallon Condominium building. :(

Anyone else know about Moe's?

Shark Bait
08-10-2007, 12:59 PM
I like Baja Fresh pretty well, too.

Romer
08-10-2007, 02:14 PM
There is a little hole in the wall on the backside of Tamrac square called Los Caras. Pretty good. The chicken Chimi at Grand Slam is good

I also like Jose Oshea's.

Blue Bonnet and Morrsion Inn and The South Platte Grill are good.

Sometimes I like El Chubby's.

Qdoba and Chipolte are similar to me.

I do like El Pinto in Albq, NM thats the best I have had and much better than the more popular Gaurdunio's.

wesintl
02-18-2008, 02:56 PM
I've been back and hooked on my regular fare again. Carnitas, pinto, roja, cheese, lettuce.

Shark Bait
02-18-2008, 03:02 PM
One of then, Qdoba I think, makes a gumbo which is pretty good. It's essentially a soup they add the burrito ingredients to. Mmmm. :D

calphi27
02-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Qdoba by far. Chipotle's menu is very plain and lacking. Gotta love the Qdoba card too. Big City Burrito in fort collin's beats them both by far, and illegal pete's too. Go Rams!

Uncle Ben
02-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Qdoba by far. Chipotle's menu is very plain and lacking. Gotta love the Qdoba card too. Big City Burrito in fort collin's beats them both by far, and illegal pete's too. Go Rams!

Have to agree with Big City Burrito and Illegal Pete's being top shelf but sorry....Go Buffs! ;) :p:

bh4rnnr
02-19-2008, 08:51 PM
I love Illegal Pete's. The one on the hill in Boulder is decent but better to go to the one downtown on 16th street, just west of the RTD station (16th & Larimer, iirc) great food, great bar to hang out in too.

I also like Wahoo's, and actually still run the Bell on occasion but they're becoming a lot fewer and further between..

And the Illegal Pete's is just two blocks away from my place down here. It's either Chipotle or Illegal for me. Never have been one for Qdoba.

But Santiagos tops them all, though it is a drive now to get to them. Before it was just a quik breakfast jump away from Kuni........

:beer::beer: