PDA

View Full Version : Got my windshield washers working

subzali
08-02-2007, 09:49 PM
So after 2 1/2 years of not having windshield washers (the bottle/pump/nozzle were all missing :confused:) I got all the parts assembled that I've been collecting and got it running and operational tonight. Turns out the only problem was my switch was all dirty, so I just cleaned it up and what do you know! Electricity does many amazing things :cool:

So moral of the story: sometimes just clean up the connections...it may just be that simple.

nakman
08-02-2007, 11:37 PM
This is on the 40, right? My "low" setting doesn't work most of the time, but fast always works. Guess I need to pull that switch and see what's in there...

corsair23
08-03-2007, 02:39 AM
Very :cool:

So, when should I drop my 40 off to have you get my washers working...Let's see.....No bottle, pump, nozzles, hoses, wiring, or switch. Yep, should be a piece of cake for you :)

subzali
08-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Jeff - How do you have no wiring? Did you rewire it at some point? Cruiserparts.net for parts, NAPA for the 4-5' of hose you'll need (5/32). I'd like to see your 40 sometime.

Tim - takes like a half hour, very easy (well I guess I already had the radio out so I just pulled the switch through that hole, otherwise you might be able to get at it pretty easy through the ashtray hole. Or just remove your instrument cluster - it's pretty easy too :D)

corsair23
08-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Jeff - How do you have no wiring? Did you rewire it at some point?

PPO "de-mod" I'm sure. The PO didn't know anything about Cruisers so it wasn't him. Actually I have all the parts needed from when I was going to do the same on my '76 that also didn't have washers. Just bought one of those cheapo SOR/CCOT kits way back when so it should be a cinch to install when I find the time...

MDH33
08-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Good job. :thumb: It's gratifying to get all the systems working as they should on these old rigs.

My windshield washers sometime come on by themselves when the wipers are going. :confused: Guess I should figure that one out.