PDA

View Full Version : Is your Wife/GF/SO allowed in the garage?

Tch2fly
08-06-2007, 07:38 PM
My wife and I have a running joke about "my garage" and "her closet" (master bedroom). She keeps some gardening stuff in the one storage closet I "allow" ;) her to have but it is pretty much my space. Of course I know where everything is, even if I haven't put in it away. ;)

After work this afternoon I went out to replace the parking brake shoes on the 80 or that was how it started last week. It ended up as new rotors, pads, shoes the whole deal.
Start pulling out tools and gear and go to grab my little rolling stool ...:confused: not to be found. Double checked, still nothing ... so I think some neighbor punk must have run in and grabbed it when it was sitting near the door :rant: (the sheriff has been warning everybody about leaving doors open). After looking around and realizing nothing else is missing I think "hmmm did the :Princess: use it somewhere" ... off to search the house. I go through the whole house can't find it anywhere, checked out in her garden stuff ... no where to be seen.

I figure I'll never get the truck done looking for a stool so I flip over a bucket and tear into my job. I'm just getting ready to button up the first side when I hear the sound of gravel crunching under tires but no engine ... the sound of an arriving Prius.
She hops out and greets me as I'm fussing with a spring so she walks past. I sit up on my bucket and ask her if anything looks odd. She says no, so I point my "stool". :rolleyes:

"ohhhh" she says "I have your stool in my backseat" :eek:

Turns out she took it to work to help someone with a prank.
Looks like we need to discuss how my tools aren't playthings ;)

Hulk
08-06-2007, 07:46 PM
The garage is the one place in the house where I can actually find things. My wife is allowed to use tools, but she know to put them back EXACTLY where she found them -- even if a tool seems randomly placed on a stack of parts.

treerootCO
08-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I would let my girlfriend do anything she wanted to. She means the world to me.

Rezarf
08-06-2007, 08:33 PM
My wife rocks, she is a midwest farm girl who isn't afraid to get her hands dirty... all the while keeping her nails done (I still don't know how she does it).

We have an unwritten understanding that the garage is kind of my domain, and she runs the rest of the joint. She has expressed intrest in welding a small part on the trailer, so YUP!... she is always welcomed in the garage.

Gosh, I love my wife!

Drew

Hulk
08-06-2007, 08:39 PM
I would let my girlfriend do anything she wanted to. She means the world to me.

Yeah, I felt that way when my wife was a girlfriend. ;)

corsair23
08-06-2007, 10:53 PM
I wish my wife wasn't allowed in the garage :)

Those that have seen my garage could tell you why. Suffice to say I try to keep her out of the side where the 40 is. Otherwise, I know crap is going to turn up missing. :D

Red_Chili
08-07-2007, 09:36 AM
My wife is always welcome in my garage. From time to time she helps me with organizing the dang thing!

However, I also end up losing tools. To my wife, to my elder son, to my younger son, to myself... And since there are three against one, it is always the other one, and then ends up being me somehow!

and sometimes they are right...

But if you ask them, the only lost tools they can remember are the ones *I* lost!

SteveH
08-07-2007, 09:52 AM
If you don't let your wife in the garage, who is going to push down on the back of the FJ40 transmission/xfer case so it clears the firewall when you're installing the engine/xfer/transmission combo and the angle isn't right? I wish she'd visit more often, during rotten jobs requiring two people.

Uncle Ben
08-07-2007, 10:14 AM
If you don't let your wife in the garage, who is going to push down on the back of the FJ40 transmission/xfer case so it clears the firewall when you're installing the engine/xfer/transmission combo and the angle isn't right? I wish she'd visit more often, during rotten jobs requiring two people.

This?

waggoner5
08-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Kelly is very welcome in my garage. In fact she was my helper assembling the 45 project. She knows tools as well as anyone. I wouldn't have it any other way.