PDA

View Full Version : Jenny Creek? Mebbe not...

Red_Chili
08-13-2007, 10:28 PM
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=4445
:confused::(

Martin, I read where you were bailing on the TBP due to Jenny Creek work day, so I thought we'd better nail this down or let it go...

subzali
08-14-2007, 08:21 AM
The 25th still works for a bunch of people for the installation it sounds like, it's just a matter of coordinating the BRD rangers and somebody from the club. The first opportunity I would have to meet with Brian or other would be the 24th, and that would be drilling holes with those hand augers.

MDH33
08-14-2007, 10:29 AM
As long as the Forest service folks can work with us, I don't see why we can't pull this off still. Hopefully some more people will step up too. :thumb:

Looking forward to it. Plus it will be my first ever trip up Rollins Pass and Jenny Creek.:eek: :D

:campfire: :beer: :beer2: :clap:

Red_Chili
08-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks, you guys. We still have a potential showstopper but it seems like the inertia is moving in the right direction! Need an auger.

Here, auger auger auger... Come to papa...

MDH33
08-14-2007, 02:22 PM
There's a Home Despot near my work, I'll inquire about a power auger this afternoon.

Inukshuk
08-14-2007, 03:59 PM
I have a charity event that AM (www.brokersbenefitingkids.com) and should be done by 1 or 2. After a quick stop at home I'd like to come join you guys at Jenny Creek, work if there is still work to be done and then camp. Sunday the 26th Robbie is having a BBQ at his new house in Sunshine (not far from Jenny Creek - maybe 30 min) and we could hit a trail or two in the AM, maybe get a good breakfast in Nederland, or just take backroads to Robbie's house, or whatever, and then go by his place. Who is in for camping?

MDH33
08-14-2007, 04:52 PM
I think the plan is for all of us to camp since the kiosk will need to be supported in the concrete overnight, then the supports will be removed Sunday. I was definitely planning on camping. :thumb:

Shark Bait
08-14-2007, 05:13 PM
I wasn't planning on camping. What is the time table of events on Saturday?

MDH33
08-14-2007, 05:17 PM
I wasn't planning on camping. What is the time table of events on Saturday?

This is from the official post in the event staging forum/thread/post:

It's official- the weekend of 8/25 is the event we've been building toward.

We will meet at Rollinsville at noon Saturday, 8/25 (or about 2-ish at Yankee Doodle Lake I'm guessing). We will pick up the Boulder Ranger District archaeologist and possibly another BRD person at Rollinsville. We will then proceed to Yankee Doodle Lake, punch holes in the ground, proceed with concreting and positioning and whatnot - I will leave the particulars to Sir John Henley on the sequence of work itself.

Commencing around dusk, we shall retire to the woods and regale each other with fantastic tales of derring-do whilst consuming moderate amounts of adult beverage, watching satellites whiz around the earth, and settling in for a great alpine slumber in the sheltering woods. Upon sunup, we will enjoy the fine breakfasts we prepare (no doubt there will be culinary competition), and finish the kiosk installation, then do a Jenny Creek trail run for the afternoon!

Red_Chili
08-15-2007, 08:06 AM
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?p=43691&posted=1#post43691
We still have these needs! Volunteers?

Inukshuk
08-15-2007, 11:43 PM
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?p=43691&posted=1#post43691
We still have these needs! Volunteers?

Sorry, I can't be there early enough but call me if I can bring late supplies!

Red_Chili
08-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Good to know! Something always gets forgotten. Toothbrushes come to mind... :lmao: