PDA

View Full Version : after I win the FJ62 raffle vehicle, this is what I'm going to do...

nakman
08-14-2007, 09:45 AM
-I'm going to lead a club run where I let anyone in the club who wants to wheel the sucker. I hear those SROR sliders came with a lifetime warranty (including paint), so let's test those bad boys. :D

-I'm probably going to let Ige borrow it for a few extended periods of time, since I feel bad that I won it and she didn't. :(

-I'm going to get an FT-2800 2m radio and install it to the side of the Tuffy center console. There's already power & ground run to this location.. ;)

That's my plan so far, what are going to do with it if you win??

Oh yes, you can still buy tickets at http://www.hightrails.org/raffle.html

Tch2fly
08-14-2007, 09:52 AM
My son said it was pointless for me to think about it .... he said he is going to win :lmao:

SROR/AKA 2BAD
08-14-2007, 09:57 AM
i'll donate it to someone who REALLY needs a vehicle.
maybe sell it for $1.00

CardinalFJ60
08-14-2007, 10:11 AM
....'cuz all of a sudden, I think we need to replace the Subaru. :( She got tagged pretty damn good in a parking lot last night. everyone's fine, but we lost our old friend. I love that Soobie.

Hulk
08-14-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm going to live in it in a remote location on top of the Grand Mesa. With the extended range fuel tank, I should be able to avoid human contact for a full week. Although I might sneak down to Delta one night to go to the drive-in movie.

MDH33
08-14-2007, 10:23 AM
When I win I going to sell it and use the proceeds towards a new jeep rubicon. :)

NOT. :lmao: :D

Maddmatt
08-14-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm going to give Cardinal a screaming deal on my wife's soobie to replace his wife's soobie (glad everybody's OK!).

Then I'm going to drive around and around just reveling in the majesty of the mighty 3FE.

Then I'm going to park, get out, look at it and say "that's mine" about 60 times.

Then, I don't know? Drive it some more I guess.

nakman
08-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Oh yeah I'm also going to park it outside :kevin:'s house and put but a bunch of :beer: and 12mm wrenches inside... just to see what happens.

I'll also loan it to Mrs. Cardinal if she needs until that Suba can be replaced... sorry, man.

CardinalFJ60
08-14-2007, 10:40 AM
...sometimes life throws you a curve-ball. Thanks for letting the :Princess: drive your new 62. :D

acon40
08-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Sell it to my soon to be wife for $1.50. She loves the 62's so she would love it. The 50 cents is thrown in just to bug her hahaha..... But for real, she does not understand the club concept much and this would be a wake up call for her....

Rezarf
08-14-2007, 12:03 PM
I am going to chop the top off of it and paint it smurf blue with a rattle can and pipe the exhaust up to the cab area. Tune it down to get about 8mpg, and swap some Thornbirds onto it... Maybe cut a hole in the drivers seat so it fits more like a donut :D

... I can smell it now!

Just kidding, I would drive the wheels off of it! What a sweet rig!

subzali
08-14-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm gonna take it off some sweet jumps :D

Rezarf
08-14-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm gonna take it off some sweet jumps :D

...shocks, pegs... LUCKY!

farnhamstj
08-14-2007, 02:57 PM
I would sell it and the cash I got would almost pay for a solid front axle swap in my 100. Almost....
Ok that's just silly....
I too would take it off some sweet jumps, then see if Christo would trade it for a SAS.

Romer
08-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Figure out if there is a way to flip the Bezel :D

corsair23
08-14-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm afraid...very, very, very afraid...

I keep having nightmares of winning the rig and I turn into Smegel (sp) from Lord of the Rings :eek:

I'm in a cave in the middle of no where hiding out with my 62 chanting "Precious, my precious" over and over.

So, I guess that is what I'll be doing :lol:

Man Jerk
08-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Give it to my wife.

Seriously :Princess:

ginericLC
08-14-2007, 04:58 PM
I joked with Ige that if I won it I'd part it out! You should have seen the look she gave me. I'm too chicken to do it in reality, because I'm sure somebody besides her (or maybe with her) would kill me. I really don't know what I'd do. Right at the moment, I'm sick of my 80. I just drove 16 hours home from Colorado last night. I just finished unpacking and I have a dirty truck. Right now I hate my 80. A shiny clean 62 sounds pretty good.

Convert
08-14-2007, 09:29 PM
I would sell my 80 and wheel it like it was Romers:thumb:

Romer
08-14-2007, 09:32 PM
I joked with Ige that if I won it I'd part it out! You should have seen the look she gave me.

I can imagine the look. Did you feel shivers running up and down your spine, hairs standing up on the back of your neck and the fear that an antelope feels when he knows he is dinner for the lion and can't get away.

74fj40
08-14-2007, 11:21 PM
ill pull a treeroot, im gonna sit in it and make "vroom vrooooom" noises :D

Uncle Ben
08-14-2007, 11:31 PM
I AM giving the tranny and engine to Ige. Springs will be for sale. It will be Duramaxed and sprung over with a serious track bar in the rear! That's been my plan all along and I gotta thank all the sponsors for supplying all the goodies! ;)

Shark Bait
08-14-2007, 11:56 PM
I'd probably sell it to Kevin and buy a Tundra. :rolleyes: :D

bigbluefj
08-15-2007, 12:48 AM
well when i win it i will leave it at ige's till may, then i would fly to denver pick it up drive to CM08 wheel it and than drive back to canada where it would enjoy and good life...

kevin

ginericLC
08-15-2007, 08:40 AM
I can imagine the look. Did you feel shivers running up and down your spine, hairs standing up on the back of your neck and the fear that an antelope feels when he knows he is dinner for the lion and can't get away.

Nah! She gave me a half hug through the window when I pulled up. But I can imagine her coming after someone with that much passion if they did part it out.