PDA

View Full Version : My Wedding To A 2lt Officer In The Us Army

Dane Dyks Fiance
08-14-2007, 02:02 PM
HELLO!!! I was told to join this club by Rocky Mountain Cruisers!!! My name is Nicole Seneca and I am engaged and getting married in less than one month to Dane Dyk in Denver, CO. My fiance is currently serving the military in the US ARMY as an officer and on September 15th were tying the knot! I would love to surprise him with having his dream car (( an FJ -40)) be our get away car after the reception. Does anyone know where I could rent one for a reasonable price??? I just want to make this day special for him as well!!!! Could any one help me???

(Dane loves four wheeling and is a great driver-he currently has a lifted 91 two door chevy tahoe)

Anyways if anyone could help me this would mean the world to the both of us.

nakman
08-14-2007, 02:23 PM
So... are you looking for a chauffer in an FJ40 to drive you guys from the reception to a hotel? Or wedding to reception, or both? I must say Nicole you show a lot of class..

I bet that someone here could help you out though, any particular color preference? And are you looking for a mostly stock truck, or a built-up rock crawler?

corsair23
08-14-2007, 02:32 PM
x2 on what Nakman says - VERY cool idea :thumb:

More details would be helpful. Is the fiance in love with stock FJ40s or built up rigs? Color likes/dislikes, year, hardtop, soft top, bikini top, or no top at all? (on the rig that is :))

I don't know of anywhere that you can just rent a FJ40 but you might be able to work out a deal with a FJ40 owner on here to loan you their rig. My other thought is Stevenson Toyota has an uber FJ40 in their showroom. I don't know if they would let it out of their site but a quick call to the manager with what you are trying to do might convince them to loan you the 40 for a couple hours (guarded by an armed security guard I'm sure :lol:)

Dane Dyks Fiance
08-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I really appreciate this.

Dane loves old Fj's...his dream one would be all rigged out, but if we could just get an old stock FJ I am sure he would be excited about that too!

As for the color that doesn't really matter so much.......

And as far as having someone drive us around...I guess I didn't really think about that! I am sure Dane would wanna drive it! BUT I guess that technical stuff could all be worked out.

Thanks guys for helping me out. Any more details I should figure out? I am really flying blind doing this!

Dane Dyks Fiance
08-14-2007, 03:18 PM
oh and as for hard top soft top? I wish I knew more.I could ask him in a sneaky way or something hahaha? No top sounds fun though!

And do you all know anyone that might let us borrow their rig for a coupld hours? I know that probably sounds weird, but we are honest people! And we can pay and sign papers and all that! His parents live in Denver, Co and his dad is a pastor and mom a teacher at Denver Christian!

Anyways thanks again.And anything else i should try to figure out?

MDH33
08-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Rather than borrow or rent a 40, why not buy one and fix it up for him? That would make for a great wedding surprise, don't you think? Seriously, you can find them cheaper than you think and Rising Sun is a great resource if you need parts, have questions, etc.

Congrats and welcome. :cheers:

Dane Dyks Fiance
08-14-2007, 04:30 PM
I wish I could-I really do, but military pay isn't great and being a new couple we have alot ahead of us. But just out of curiosity how much are they? Plus it is only a month away. If you have suggestions please let me know!

MDH33
08-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Prices are aver the place. Anywhere from $1000 for a project to $20,000 for a nice restoration.

Here's a deal right in Boulder:

http://denver.craigslist.org/car/396271365.html

We'll keep our eyes open for you if you're interested, and someone could probably take a look at something local if you need an opinion.

:)

corsair23
08-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Hey Tim...Maybe you should set up a test drive of your FJ40 :)

Say for Saturday September 15th?

Dane Dyks Fiance
08-15-2007, 12:48 AM
well thank you so much for that. and i wish we could do that. but i just graduated college about two months ago and so making that purchase will have to wait a couple years. i wish icould do that for him!!!! i just really hope someone can hlep me find an FJ to rent for the night or so. its just he works so hard right now with the military were hardly seeing each other and i just really want to do something special for him on our wedding.

Shark Bait
08-15-2007, 07:20 AM
Maybe Ige could chauffeur you two in the FJ62 raffle vehicle. :p: :D

subzali
08-16-2007, 12:07 PM
I would offer mine up for the day if it was running better, but alas...

Rezarf
08-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Where will you be wanting to drive to and from? How long would you want the cruiser?

Thanks

corsair23
08-16-2007, 03:11 PM
She sent me a PM with more specifics so hopefully she will provide more here as well.

It seems that the wedding and reception are right next to each other so that is why driving from the church to the reception is not very appealing and she is looking for a rig for the new hubby (and her :)) to drive away from the reception in (either to a home or a hotel etc.)

I'm sure they are many of us that are like me and would LOVE to help make this happen but logistics are a problem among other things. I was thinking getting a rig down there to let them drive from the church to the reception would be ideal (short interval the owner would have to be there, everyone's sober, or should be :hill:, etc.) but that doesn't seem to be a viable option as the "drive" sounds like it might only be about 100'.

My other suggestion was that if this doesn't work out to give her and the new hubby a day on the trails with a 40 :thumb:

I mentioned the 40s only run that is coming up and that maybe she and the new hubby could hitch a ride on the trails with a 40 owner and possibly even get Dane behind the wheel.

I for one would like to see this happen (either version) because I think it is such a cool idea and thing to do and I LOVE to show support for anyone in the military however I can.

Shark Bait
08-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Maybe they could rent an FJ Cruiser? I wonder if she contacted Stevinson...

nakman
08-16-2007, 03:49 PM
What a great way to start the honeymoon.. ride along on an all 40's run! You should totally do that.

but yeah loaning one out so your can drive after the reception sounds a little less enticing for the actual 40 owner.. but if you wanted the chauffer option then that could still fly. Subzali you can take mine down there if you want, we can split the $$ afterwards.. ;)

Dane Dyks Fiance
08-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Hellllo you all!!! Sorry I have not been on here to check up on things!!! Work took over my life for a while BUT now im back and still trying to make this happen! The Specifics are

We are getting married at Denver University's Campus in Evans's Chapel and then our reception is right next door for the reception. We are getting married at 5 at night and then the reception is being held immediatley following with the reception ending at like 10 or so.........If anyone could help me this would be great! I really want to get some to drive us from the reception at night to his parents house in LIttleton....Then we will drive ourselves to our honeymoon night bed and breakfast! My number is 209 658 2562 if anyone wants to contact me if they seriously feel they could help...........

Also I tried to get a number for that Stevenson place and couldnt find one.....Could you all help me with that I would really really appreciate it.

Dane is such an amazing guy and is a 2 Lt officer in the Army! He does alot for this country so if anyone could help me make him feel special on this day it would be great!!!! He LOVES FJ--40's and ones that are souped up hahahaha. ONe day I will buy him one :) Anyways let me know!!!!

Dane Dyks Fiance
08-21-2007, 08:30 PM
oh ya and a chaueffer would probably work the best!

subzali
08-22-2007, 06:02 AM
http://www.stevinsontoyotawest.com/

corsair23
08-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Well that cuts me out...My 40 is only a 2 seater right now and I don't think it would be much fun for you two to ride in separate vehicles away from the reception :( - Bummer since I live south this would be such a simple thing to do for Dane and you

Now if you want a ride home in a built up Lexus LX450 I might be able to swing that :) - Not the same thing though

Romer
08-22-2007, 11:09 AM
where is max, he could use a few bucks and he has a 40 with a rear seat.