PDA

View Full Version : how is it that you can never find what you're looking for?

nuclearlemon
08-14-2007, 09:59 PM
this time, it's the original battery for my phone. i know i kept it, i know i put it someplace that would make sense. so where the hell is sense? and is my battery still there? if so, i need it. :confused: :rolleyes:

74fj40
08-14-2007, 10:16 PM
its always the last place you look too :lmao:

corsair23
08-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Start in the last place you would look then :)

For me I usually find what I am looking for in the most obvious place...at least it becomes obvious when I find what I am looking for :hill:

Bighead
08-15-2007, 05:31 AM
its always the last place you look too :lmao:

That happens every single time for me too. :mad:

Groucho
08-15-2007, 07:39 AM
When people say "It's always in the last place you look".

Of course it is. Why the heck would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

Ige by looking for it, find it you will not. When you least expect it, show up it will.

(And if you have the same luck I have, you will put it somewhere else right when you find it 'cause you are too busy to use it right then, and then it will be lost in a new location you can't remember.:hill: )

Romer
08-15-2007, 07:46 AM
I have been looking for my coffe mug for several weeks now. I remember washing it and putting it away and just don't remember where.

The problems get worse as you get older.

Ever walk into the garage wondering why did I come out here? Then go back inside and remember you needed a screwdreiver, so you go back out and get the screwdriver and can't remember why you needed it, so you take the screw driver back outside and put it away. Then you come back inside and notice the door hinge is loose and think to yourself, "I'll have to get to that one of these days."

Red_Chili
08-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Ige by looking for it, find it you will not. When you least expect it, show up it will.

Nathaniel is sounding a bit like Yoda here. Hmmm. Odd it is. Affected by the dark side he is.:lmao:

The real question is, is it that we forget, or just lose the address of the memory? In other words, the memory is in there somewhere, we just don't know where?

Bill Cosby believes these memories are stored in our butt. Why, you ask? We will wander around looking for something, or maybe end up in the kind of scenario Ken describes where we come back with the tool and forget why we wanted it. So we put it away.

Then we sit down. And say "Oh yeah!"

See? Stored in our butt.

Magoo
08-15-2007, 08:15 AM
ige
stop looking for it, and you shall find it.
thats how it works here.

nakman
08-15-2007, 08:52 AM
you guys...

what kind of phone? May have an old one we can part out.. wall chargers, car chargers, yeah we got 'em. Nokia & Motorola our two main brands..