PDA

View Full Version : Auto Insurance?

DevinSixtySeven
08-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Who are you all using, agents that are willing to cover modifications and whatnot? The Nationwide agency here is unwilling to cover everything.

I guess I'm looking for something similar to the kind of coverage as on the Red Chili.

Thanks,
Sean

Red_Chili
08-15-2007, 01:59 PM
HRH Insurance, tell them Bill Morgan sent you.
303-722-7776, ask for Carol. Traveller's did mine but did require detailed invoices and estimates and it did not cover labor to install the mods of course. I believe you could get an appraisal alternatively. Carol may have a couple other companies also.

CardinalFJ60
08-15-2007, 02:17 PM
I was also able to set a 'value' of blue book plus mods...it's a little more expensive, but worth the peace of mind.

Red_Chili
08-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Most definitely.

nuclearlemon
08-15-2007, 05:17 PM
while we're on it, thinking of going to an agent to see if they can do better for me...the more running rigs i get, the more expensive it's getting :( . any recommendations up north?

nakman
08-15-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm using State Farm but can't say I really love it.. just seems pretty decent. I pay around $160/6 months for full coverage on the 40. $330/6 months full coverage on the 80, little more than that on the Prius. Full covereage on both Cruisers was only like $50 more than w/o, so what the hey. Also that's all with $1000 deductibles.. I get some amount of deals for multiple vehicles + the house, and none of that takes into account any special mods or anything (Red Chili style).

FJBen
08-15-2007, 05:51 PM
I've got state farm, they were very nice and beyond fair when I wrecked my 55. We pay around $130~140ish on 2 cruisers with full coverage and $100 deductible. I have my 40 valued at close to 10K at the moment, they have all the mods and everything stated.

A stated value might cost a little more, but it's WAAAAY worth it. State Farm is a big company, they aren't going to screw you. I have my house, personal articles, vehicles everything with them and they have always been extremely good. I don't have any tickets nor does my wife, so that helps as well.

ScaldedDog
08-15-2007, 05:59 PM
I use State Farm, as well. (Katie Riley's office in Littleton.) I got an appraisal when I got the 4Runner 7 years ago, though that figure would only cover a fraction of the cost to rebuild. I have no idea if they'd cover off road damage, or not, as the only claims I've had has been for hail storms in 2004 and 1990. They were great both times.

Mark

nuclearlemon
08-15-2007, 06:12 PM
State Farm is a big company, they aren't going to screw you.
they screwed me years ago, so i won't use them.

Red_Chili
08-16-2007, 07:28 AM
When Red Chili 1 was totaled by a State Farm-insured person, I had to fight like none other to get a decent value for the truck. I wore the SF adjuster down and he finally gave in and gave me 1.6x what he started out wanting to - and that was still a bit 'light'.

The Traveller's adjuster offered to go to bat for me even though they didn't have a dog in the fight. Impressive.

Red_Chili
08-16-2007, 07:30 AM
I have no idea if they'd cover off road damage, or not, ...
I would be really pissed if after paying all those premiums an insurance company would not pay for legal and legitimate use of an SUV. I have not heard of this.

Red_Chili
08-16-2007, 08:11 AM
It was not my policy, it was the other guy's.

Red_Chili
08-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Oh, doh, the clutch in my brain has been slipping. Been a really long couple of weeks.:lmao:
I wondered where that smoke and funny smell was coming from.

FJBen
08-16-2007, 09:52 AM
I think it's all about the agent, though.

Honestly, thats probably 95% of it. My mother-in-law works for the agent so I probably have a skewed perspective of the whole thing. Either way, our agent it really good and has no problem yelling at the "corporate state farm" which is who controls all the claims.

When I welded my wedding ring to my hand :rolleyes: (don't ask) the corporate side was being really crappy, my agent called I told him what they were doing. He called and ripped them out and they ended up giving me retail value on a ring for jacking me around...which was cool.

You just need an agent who is really going to work for you...not just sell you a policy.

SteveH
11-07-2012, 09:21 AM
I am in the hunt for a new auto and home insurer after American Family has balled up my auto add/drop situation so badly that it's laughable. Their corporate office is simply hopeless.

Anyone have good experiences with an insurance company lately? I'm really more worried about low rates than great payouts on collision. I have 4 vehicles to insure and a house.

Thanks - Steve

MTSN
11-07-2012, 11:07 AM
I am in the hunt for a new auto and home insurer after American Family has balled up my auto add/drop situation so badly that it's laughable. Their corporate office is simply hopeless.

Anyone have good experiences with an insurance company lately? I'm really more worried about low rates than great payouts on collision. I have 4 vehicles to insure and a house.

Thanks - Steve

I've had State Farm and Nationwide for the last 10 years or so, and I switched to Geico in June and haven't looked back. My premiums for the same coverage literally dropped in half for the same vehicles, and they've been super easy to deal with. When I recently bought the 100, I went online, added it, and printed out an insurance card which was very convenient. I haven't had to file claim with them, but I feel good about my experience so far (good discounts for multi line as well).

corsair23
11-07-2012, 12:05 PM
I've read negative things about Geico and claims that have kept me from switching...Based on the above though, maybe I should give them another look. Anyone have first hand experience with Geico (or any other) and having a claim?

Right now we have USAA for auto and have been happy with them and the claims process. For our home we have Allstate but that will be changing soon because our premium went up $400 this year despite us never having put in a claim in over 16 years. You know you need to switch when your mortgage broker and even the title insurance person closing your refi makes a comment about what you are paying for home owner's insurance. It is just so easy to lose track of what that is costing you when it is rolled up into your house payment :(

Kenon698
11-07-2012, 12:19 PM
I have GEICO and have been pleased. Premiums dropped and the one claim that I had a couple of years ago was handled very well and efficiently.

Caribou Sandstorm
11-07-2012, 12:26 PM
We have Ameriprise from Costco. Best insurance we have ever had.

No questions asked when I submarined the 4runner...

maxsdad
11-07-2012, 12:59 PM
My family has been dealing with Steve Sorhage at Sorhage and James - he's always found me the best available coverage at the best price - never had any issues with claims and always been extremely happy with the service.
303-759-5175
Current insurer is AMCO, although he deals with whomever gives best coverage for you.