PDA

View Full Version : Parts break while just sitting in the garage...

FJBen
08-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Yeah...:rolleyes:

So I'm about to put the engine back in this weekend. I've been doing all the little cleanup...painting...sealing finishing...when I look at my clutch master resivoir...almost empty...WTF?

Gander inside...sure enough it's on my firewall and floor boards :rolleyes: Yup, that damn part went out. I mean jeez it's only been 40 years :rolleyes: :lmao: I'd say thats pretty good. :D So I just should have replaced it when I replaced my slave cylinder a few months ago. lesson learned!

The good news is that you can't get the older style master cylinders anymore :thumb: and that the fittings/lines are all different from the newer style :rant: So basically I"m going to switch to the newer setup and hopefully be good for a few years. :D

Rezarf
08-16-2007, 10:45 AM
I bought my slave cyliner and clutch master from Advanced auto parts for about 45 bucks, and the good news is they are Aisan (sp)...OEM. Sorry bud, cruisers happen. ;)

SteveH
08-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Whenever you buy an FJ that has been sitting for a while, the clutch slave or master (or usually both) fail a few months after you get the truck running and driving. This is so you don't get used to the idea that your truck is 'done' or fully 'fixed'. It's your FJs way of saying 'I need just a little more love...'

FJBen
08-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Whenever you buy an FJ that has been sitting for a while, the clutch slave or master (or usually both) fail a few months after you get the truck running and driving. This is so you don't get used to the idea that your truck is 'done' or fully 'fixed'. It's your FJs way of saying 'I need just a little more love...'

yeah...it's getting really good at that :D I'm just upgrading to the whole new setup, so hopefully that will last a good while. A little project turns into, "might as well" syndrome....since I"m in here...might as well change this! :D

MDH33
08-16-2007, 07:05 PM
So, are you going to have it finished for the 40's only run in September??

FJBen
08-17-2007, 10:08 AM
So, are you going to have it finished for the 40's only run in September??

I sure hope so!!! Hopefully I'll have my lockers in the rig...they look pretty sweet on the shelf...:rolleyes: