PDA

View Full Version : 1987 ('86-'95) minitruck rear axle shafts/brakes

Red_Chili
11-16-2005, 02:41 PM
So now the Chili has gone full float.

That means for a limited time* I can sell you my removed, perfectly good axle shaft assemblies for best offer. That way I can forget that they are perfectly good and the modification was probably silly, if way cool.

Includes IFS-era (wider) rear axle shafts, backing plates, drums/shoes (still good, haven't measured remaining shoe thickness), fresh wheel cylinders, fresh bearings (<20K miles on 'em, these are a PAIN to replace, to which SeldomSeen can attest), and e-brake arm extenders (enables clearance of thick aftermarket leafs).

No decent offer refused. Post here, or PM me.

*if they don't go relatively quick I will make an Oleg donation.

Uncle Ben
11-16-2005, 03:13 PM
OK then I'll start....$5.00 :D

JohnInDenver
11-16-2005, 08:46 PM
$29.99 :)

Red_Chili
11-17-2005, 07:39 AM
Well. For donkeys, you guys are pretty smart. That would make you smart *****.

I came up with that one myself...

OK, I guess I deserve some grief for providing no guidance, so let me provide some guidance on what constitutes 'decent'. Car-part.com lists said assemblies for from $45 to $125 EACH. This would not include all the other parts either. I would regard the $125 figure as outrageous, $60 each axle shaft seems to be about the median.

Therefore, $125 takes all for about the median price of just the axle shafts. Price just the bearings/seals/retaining rings/wheel cylinders/drums/brake parts sometime; it comes out a lot higher! Not to mention the pain factor of installing axle bearings and the time to straighten the Harbor Freight 12 ton press pin when you are done.

Uncle Ben
11-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Well. For donkeys, you guys are pretty smart. That would make you smart *****.

I came up with that one myself...

OK, I guess I deserve some grief for providing no guidance, so let me provide some guidance on what constitutes 'decent'. Car-part.com lists said assemblies for from $45 to $125 EACH. This would not include all the other parts either. I would regard the $125 figure as outrageous, $60 each axle shaft seems to be about the median.

Therefore, $125 takes all for about the median price of just the axle shafts. Price just the bearings/seals/retaining rings/wheel cylinders/drums/brake parts sometime; it comes out a lot higher! Not to mention the pain factor of installing axle bearings and the time to straighten the Harbor Freight 12 ton press pin when you are done.

So if I bid $30, does that mean I don't get the axles I don't even need? :p

Red_Chili
11-18-2005, 07:35 AM
Sure, if that bid comes after a $100 nonrefundable deposit. I'll even throw in $5 worth of fine ale. Oh, heck, $10 worth.

Red_Chili
11-29-2005, 10:06 AM
**SOLD**

to JohninDenver