PDA

View Full Version : Spider Kill

AxleIke
08-24-2007, 09:32 PM
I have a spider problem in my bedroom. There seems to be a great hiding place somehwere in or around my heater pipes. I'd love to use some chemical means of getting them out, but i sleep there, so I'd prefer to avoid the more toxic solutions.

Any recomendations? I've tried Roach motels. Didn't work.

nakman
08-24-2007, 09:36 PM
do you have a cat? Ours likes spiders..

so you have hot water baseboards? they're probably living in the floor somewhere, and they just poke up into your room for recreation. Can you get under the floor in a basement or something, or is the ceiling downstairs drywalled?

and isn't there a joke about cobwebs in the bedroom? I'm sure I got one around here somewhere I'll check.. :blah:

corsair23
08-25-2007, 01:21 AM
Never used one but what about a "bug bomb"?

Set it off when you leave for work and should be good to go by the time you get home.

Better yet maybe Tim will let you borrow his Praying Mantis for a week or two :D

My youngest has some pretty nasty bites on her arms that we are thinking are from spiders...Wish they'd stick to just eating bugs. They leave me alone I leave them alone but they don't seem to want to cooperate :(

Corbet
08-25-2007, 10:18 AM
I read a statistic once about the number of spiders the average person swallows in their sleep during a lifetime. Don't remember how many but, I bet your above average :D

AxleIke
08-26-2007, 12:41 AM
ugh. Corbet, that is just not cool man!

Well, i'm getting tons of bites. I live in an APT, and there is nothing below me, just next to me. I can see where they go, they go in where the copper heater pipes come through the wall.

As long the bug bomb is finished and i'm not going to die from fumes in my bed, i'm willing to try anything at this point.

Uncle Ben
08-26-2007, 07:06 AM
ugh. Corbet, that is just not cool man!

Well, i'm getting tons of bites. I live in an APT, and there is nothing below me, just next to me. I can see where they go, they go in where the copper heater pipes come through the wall.

As long the bug bomb is finished and i'm not going to die from fumes in my bed, i'm willing to try anything at this point.

Dude,
I've seen the movies....you go and bomb the little ones and it's gonna make the momma, who is probably at least 8" tall, very mad and she will spend the rest of her life hunting you and any of your blood relatives down! I suggest you get together with Dr. Nakgadget and work on mutating his mantis into a giant spider eating mutation! Be sure to get the movie rights! :eek:
:snail::zilla: :help:

nakman
08-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Hey, that's Inspector Nakgadget, wise guy..

What if you sprayed a can of expandable foam in through the pipe crack?

corsair23
08-26-2007, 10:11 PM
What if you sprayed a can of expandable foam in through the pipe crack?

x2...Careful though 'cuz that stuff really does expand :eek:. That is one label you can believe :hill:

Personally I would foam where they are getting in and let is cure. Then some weekend I would strip your bed, wrap the mattress in plastic (heavy painter's plastic or similar) and maybe even tape off and plastic your closet, then set off a bug bomb. Maybe take a trip to the mountains and stay the night. Come back the next day and vacuum up all the dead critters you can find and go from there.

Option 2, since this is an apartment I would think the apt complex should take care of the problem for you and call in the Orkin man :thumb:

calphi27
08-27-2007, 09:58 AM
I use those glue spider traps. You can find them at walmart. They catch mice and rats too. Here is an ebay link to a similar product. Just place them around your baseboard and let the spiders trap themselves.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-SPIDER-FIGHTER-TRAPS-STICKY-GLUE-BUG-TRAPS-NON-TOXIC_W0QQitemZ330100759827QQcmdZViewItem

AxleIke
08-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Excellent Ideas. I'm going to try a wee bit of the expanding foam. If that doesn't fix it, i'll get those traps.

Thanks!!!

Oh, and UB, I too have seen those movies. Now that I've been reminded, I'm sure to get to sleep tonight! :D