PDA

View Full Version : fishing in Bill Moore lake?

jjhancock
08-25-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm looking to do some fly fishing tomorrow and would like to do a little bit of mild wheeling to get there. I'm planning to take my stock and locked 80 (no running boards). I will be going by myself, so I want to make sure that I won't be getting myself into trouble in doing so. Would it be unwise to tackle Bill Moore lake by myself? If so, is anybody else interested in coming along?

There are trout in Bill Moore lake, right?

Looking forward to joining an upcoming group run and attending the next meeting, hopefully becoming a member soon. Thanks.

-Justin

jjhancock
08-26-2007, 08:50 AM
After some more research it appears there are cutthroat trout in Bill Moore lake.

So... can I take my stock 80 up there or is that a bad idea?

SROR/AKA 2BAD
08-26-2007, 09:22 AM
never been, can't help.

BUT I KNOW BILL MOORE IS VISITED BY MANY MEMBERS HERE AND FIND IT HARD TO BELIVE NO ONE HAS CHIMED IN.
some are up on jenny creek this weekend.
oops! sorry bout the caps :thumb:

jjhancock
08-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the response Jim. I watched a couple youtube videos and it doesn't look like I need to be worried, but I'm still somewhat hesitant sine nobody else who has wheeled it has chimed in.

Btw, when are those sliders for my 80 going to be ready :)

subzali
08-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Bill Moore is an easy run, as you go up at the first split if you go right it's a little easier, but the left isn't too bad. To get there you go up I-70, get off at Empire, turn right at the Hard Rock Restaurant onto Main St. and follow it up until it turns into trail, there will be a bunch of ATVs and stuff up there. Then follow the signs. Play around with your 80, it shouldn't be a problem. Wes took his stock '64 FJ40 up there no problems.

Beater
08-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Please practice catch and release at that lake, the cutthroat's numbers are extremely low, almost endangered.

SROR/AKA 2BAD
08-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Please practice catch and release at that lake, the cutthroat's numbers are extremely low, almost endangered.

catch this pal!!!!

hey nice work on that big honkin steel sign thing you made :thumb:
i like the thingy on top :D

jjhancock
08-27-2007, 01:05 PM

I always practice catch and release when fishing in CO, so you can rest assured that when I do get up there to get some fishing in, all fish will be left unharmed :)

Thanks for the info everybody. I ended up not making the trip this weekend, but I will be heading up there in the next couple weeks!

timmbuck2
08-27-2007, 01:13 PM
For the rally we had 2 stock 80's and stock 100 make it up there nooo problems...

JadeRunner
08-28-2007, 08:01 AM
Fishing in Bill Moore looks like it would be pretty poor to me. It's so shallow - filling up with sediment. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any fish in there at all.

You would be better off at Loch Lomond. Although fishing is tough there also. After several fishing trips there I was finally able to catch some small ones near the inlet waterfall. You can hike to the upper lakes and fishing is probably better but I still had a tough time at it.

Chinns lakes is probably the best option. You can see tons of brookies in there. There is also an upper lake there you can hike too. MapQuest it for directions. They are accessed from Fall River Road and involve light wheelin.