PDA

View Full Version : She's ALIVE!

FJBen
08-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Drove her to work today, needs some fixxing and tuning. But at least I drove it :D I may have a vacuum leak or some sensor issue. I know it will run better than it is. I"m going to get the laptop hooked up tonight and see what I can pull.

Red_Chili
08-28-2007, 11:40 AM
That master cylinder looks mighty familiar... :D

FJBen
08-28-2007, 03:59 PM
That master cylinder looks mighty familiar... :D

that it tis....same with the knuckles :D

Ron Helmuth
08-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Q: What is that guage up against the firewall-drivers side? something to do with brake boost?

always curious....

Shark Bait
08-29-2007, 02:55 PM
It's a proportioning valve for rear disc brakes.

FJBen
08-30-2007, 08:47 AM
It's a proportioning valve for rear disc brakes.

correct, it's just super bling...:D cause you always have to know what pressure you are at....under the hood....where you can't see it :rolleyes: :p:

corsair23
08-30-2007, 10:31 AM
correct, it's just super bling...:D cause you always have to know what pressure you are at....under the hood....where you can't see it :rolleyes: :p:

Nothing a remotely mounted camera (with a light of course) sending the signal to an in cab video display wouldn't take of for you :thumb:

THAT would be super bling...Now you're just at the normal bling stage. :hill:

On a serious note...do you know how to adjust the porportioning valve and do you think they are all pretty much the same? I have a Wilwood (sp?) porportioning valve on my 40 and just assume the PPO has it adjusted correctly. I've searched the web but can't seem to find any instructions on properly adjusting the valve (ie. clockwise = less pressure, counter clockwise = more pressure).

MDH33
08-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Very cool you have it running. Are you going to bring it out for a shakedown on the 40's Only Run?? :thumb:

FJBen
08-30-2007, 04:29 PM
regarding the proportioning valve, it should be marked...increase/decrease on the top of the dial. I can check to see what mine says...I can't remember off the top of my head...

I'm going to try and make it. Currently it's not running well. It starts and runs well for a minute or two...then the idle surges and it runs like it has no power...so now I'm trying to make it talk to my laptop to see what it's doing, or what i messed up. :thumb:

Corbet
08-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Look'in good.

I have got to get my house done so I can get mine back on the road.

Red_Chili
08-31-2007, 07:27 AM
Turn the prop valve one way. Nose on windshield? Good, back off a tad. :lmao:

I do so very much hope to have the Chili back on Terra Firma before the snow flies and the antelope drop...