PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Fzj80 - $5500 Obo

Colorado80
08-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Hello Everyone,

Unfortunately, I have to do this. I am getting rid of my 80 locked and stock. The only two things I have done to this is added the CDL switch, new shocks (OEM), and a new head unit (Eclipse CD8443). PM me if you would like to come check it out.

Q
(I will add pics, as soon as I get some day light)

ColoradoLC
08-30-2007, 02:06 PM
This is what I am looking for to move on after I sell my 60 (*sniff sniff*).

Can you give me any more details to string me along while I am waiting for pics?

What are the interior and exterior colors?
What's the mileage?

I'm an 80 n00b, so is this the FJ80 or FZJ80 with the more powerful engine?

Is there anything that needs to be done to it now? My wife will kill me if I buy a new vehicle that needs more work up front.

TIA,
Winston

corsair23
08-30-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm an 80 n00b, so is this the FJ80 or FZJ80 with the more powerful engine?

'91-'92 have the 3FE... These are FJ80s

'93 and up have the 1FZ-ZE... These are FZJ80s (or LX450s)

Here are some great links:

Slee's newbie guide to the 80 series (http://www.sleeoffroad.com/newbie/newbie100.htm)

IH8MUD's before you buy guide (http://forum.ih8mud.com/announcement.php?f=9&a=15)

IH8MUD's 80 series FAQ's (http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=84888)

ColoradoLC
08-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks Jeff. For some reason, I had it in my head that 94 was when the FZJ was introduced.

I was looking at 95-97 since I think I want to add a SC unit to it later, but I might be swayed by the price!

Actually I have the 2F, the 62's have the 3FE starting in 88.

Q, when would be a good time to come look at it? Where are you located?

corsair23
08-30-2007, 03:26 PM
I was looking at 95-97 since I think I want to add a SC unit to it later, but I might be swayed by the price!

Me too...Unfortunately TRD (for now) has discontinued the SC for the 80 series :(. Slee sells a turbo for the 80, $9K installed. I've heard great things about the turbo vs. SC in the 80 series but I can't justify spending almost as much on a turbo as I did my LX :o. I figure a SC installed probably runs ~$5K not including HG work etc. that you'd probably want to do at the same time (with either turbo or SC).

Actually I have the 2F, the 62's have the 3FE starting in 88.

:D, you caught my post before I finished my editing...After I typed up that that the FJ80 had the same 3FE you have in your 60 I realized that 60's had the 2F.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Q but I'm doing my part to keep your post at the top :thumb:

Colorado80
08-30-2007, 04:22 PM
:D Thanks. I am sorry my life is a complete wreck right now. The reason that I am selling the car is because my wife is having a complicated pregnancy and I need to pay for the health costs. Also, my insurance hasn't kicked in with the new employer. I am pretty much at the hospital these days and havn't had time to take the pictures because I get home at night or spend the night at the hospital and by that time the pics won't come out right.

Any how back to the rig. It runs perfectly fine, you are more than welcome to come over and test drive it. It did have a front pinon seal leak which was replace about a month ago by LEXUSBEN. I forgot to add earlier that I have chaged the tranny (read: transmission) oil to Mobil 1. Also, have OEM plugs that I havn't got around to doing and Toyota red coolant that hasn't been put in yet (2 gallons). I have PM'd you my number, call me when you have a chance. I might be at fitzsimons or at E-470 and Quincy; you are more than welcome to take it for a testdrive and have your mechanic or someone on the board check it out.

Colorado80
08-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Jeff, I also wanted to add; don't worry about the hijack, I don't mind.

ColoradoLC
08-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the updates.

I don't know any reason why a turbo or SC kit would cost more than $2-3K. The main thing is the manifold.

Q, I hope everything is okay for your wife and baby. It's tough enough when everything goes well!

I will give you a call. I got your PM.

corsair23
08-30-2007, 04:59 PM
I don't know any reason why a turbo or SC kit would cost more than $2-3K. The main thing is the manifold.

Correct on the parts...I guess if you can do the installation yourself then you could probably get away with a SC in the $3K range. I know there are some other piece parts you need to get...PM Romer, he should have a good idea of what putting a SC on a 80 costs :D

To Q - best of luck to you and the wife on the pregnancy. Sorry to hear about the complications!

Romer
08-30-2007, 09:21 PM
TRD is coming out with a new SC. Don't know the costs of the new one.

The Turbos come from oz and they are expensive, don't know why.

Q - sorry about your wifes difficult time. Hope everything works out. Post up if you need something

Inukshuk
08-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Q - sorry about your wifes difficult time. Hope everything works out. Post up if you need something

Ditto!