PDA

View Full Version : Ok, officially for sale. 1977 FJ40

nakman
09-04-2007, 09:11 PM
9/19/07 edit: SOLD! thanks for looking, enjoy the pictures.

Long story short, I've come to terms with reality, and need to sell the 40. Asking $7K obo.. special treatment to club members, and friends of club members, make me an offer. Some highlights...

-restored early jump seat, bolted forward facing.
-MetalTech front/SROR rear cage.. very nicely done.
-New insulation, carpet, custom cup holders, tuffy, lots of the interior detailed.
-Mechanically very sound. Wouldn't hesitate to drive this any time, any where.. truck runs great.
-Hard top, soft top, powder coated 60 rims & 33's, power steering, ARB headlight harness, IPF lights..

Rear quarter panels and rear sill need to be done in the next year or so, rest of the body very decent. Frame very decent. This is a winter project away from being a very pretty 40, you might even be able to call it restored depending on how good you are. That was my plan, but plans change and I just don't have the time for this plus I can use all the money I can get my hands on... your gain.

I'll bring this to the meeting @ Stevenson West tomorrow night, will try to get there by 19:00. And I won't have internet access for the rest of tonight or tomorrow but feel free to post up questions, lots of folks in the club know this truck and I suspect will be happy to answer them.

nakman
09-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Unless someone snatches this up tomorrow, I'll post some additional pictures on Thursday. If you want to chat tomorrow just give me a call 3 0 3, 250, 75, 73.

Jacket
09-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Wow - I'd love to have her, but this isn't a good year for me to buy another truck. Maybe you'll let me sit in her tonight ;)

I'm particularly fond of this pic from Slaughterhouse a few months ago:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h201/mralsto/slaughterhouse_0607/CIMG0566.jpg

nakman
09-06-2007, 04:49 PM
quick update: sale pending, Ken it looks like our 40 will be joining the boys down in Texas, sounds like it's going to a good home with lots of love & exercise.

Also, I realized I never did post up any pictures of the cage, so to give Jim his due props here you go, really pretty work I would recommend SROR to anyone. :thumb: Jim, you're doing the cage in my next 40 for sure, pencil me in for 2009 ;)

Shark Bait
09-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Cool! That was fast!! :eek::cool:

Romer
09-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Cool Tim. I had a feeling when Tucker from Texas called to ask me questions for his friend.

Maybe we both will have new 40's in 09. My plan is to buy a frame with a title about then and start building up slowly with a new tub.

calphi27
09-06-2007, 06:43 PM
I didn't know jim had done some cages. That looks good.

SROR/AKA 2BAD
09-06-2007, 09:45 PM
I didn't know jim had done some cages. That looks good.

a couple :thumb:

maybe you need one in your 60 ;)

Jacket
09-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Maybe we both will have new 40's in 09. My plan is to buy a frame with a title about then and start building up slowly with a new tub.

Oooo - I want in. I could be on the "40 by 2009" plan for sure!

Shark Bait
09-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Oooo - I want in. I could be on the "40 by 2009" plan for sure!

That's what I'm on. :D

IanB
09-07-2007, 09:14 AM
That's what I'm on. :D

Lol, me too :thumb:

cosper
09-18-2007, 10:39 PM
so, did you sell her? I just joined the forum today and wish I'd seen your TLC sooner so I could have made you an offer - been looking for a good one for the last 10 months. If you know of one for sale, please let me know. I'm burned out chasing the Ebay listings! Thanks.
Dave

nakman
09-19-2007, 10:02 AM
so, did you sell her? I just joined the forum today and wish I'd seen your TLC sooner so I could have made you an offer - been looking for a good one for the last 10 months. If you know of one for sale, please let me know. I'm burned out chasing the Ebay listings! Thanks.
Dave

Hi, yes sorry she be sold, I just updated my first to show that.

But welcome to our forum! Be sure to watch (and participate in) the ongoing Craigslist thread here in the for sale section.. there have been several 40's for sale recently, some are way out there, some appear to be pretty good deals. And the group here is pretty good about providing advice and it's unlikely that anyone would try to snipe one from you.. but any time someone sees something Cruiser-related, 4wd-related, or just stupid or funny it'll get posted up there.