PDA

View Full Version : TLCA stickers in black and white?

Hulk
09-12-2007, 01:04 PM
There is some suggestion that people may be interested in a black and white version of the TLCA logo as a sticker.

corsair23
09-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Would look good on the LX...More so than the color version me thinks. So I voted yes :)

ginericLC
09-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Matt,

I voted yes, but if they are like the current crappy stickers I wouldn't give 2 cents for them. I put one of the new ones on with the red trim on about two weeks ago and it is already peeling. They are like the stickers I put on students papers. They are like a temporary indoor sticker.

Rezarf
09-12-2007, 02:05 PM
I think most of the marketing stuff for the TLCA is a bit "old school" but somehow the black and white make it appear more with the times.

I dig the B/W

Corbet
09-12-2007, 02:12 PM
x2 on the quality thing.

I like the new rising sun stickers but mine have already shown signs of fade. I also know my environment is a little more harsh than the average. But other decals I have had for years have not yet faded.

Hulk
09-12-2007, 02:20 PM
I like the new rising sun stickers but mine have already shown signs of fade. I also know my environment is a little more harsh than the average. But other decals I have had for years have not yet faded.

We may need to look into a new method of creating stickers for RS. Those new stickers are UV coated, but they still do fade. The old ones were actually screen printed.

Shark Bait
09-12-2007, 02:53 PM
I was going to vote for both. :D Actually, I'm not much of a sticker guy, but there is something about the b&w...

ginericLC
09-12-2007, 03:28 PM
I've always liked the B/W. I really like it on a with a white background on a black T shirt. You can't do a reverse with that image as it looks goofy. Look at the Koozies they did a few years ago.

I can tell you a lot about stickers. Channel Islands had the worst club stick as it lasted less than two weeks and it was a shame as it is a beautiful logo. Rice on the Rocks doesn't have a good sticker either. It has delaminated, I've replaced it 3 times, they sent me 5 originally. The older Rising Sun stickers weren't too bad. NW Cruisers stickers are awesome. They last really well. The Wasatch stickers are also very good and their color lasts. Cascade Cruisers has a ton of color in their stickers and they last really well too. Maybe somebody could ask these clubs what company they use? I could do it if you want. Just ask! I think that would help everyone out. Then when they go to order they can say, "I want XXXXX done with XXXX process". Oh and SNLC has a laminated sticker that has lasted but somehow it has Moab dirt stuck between the layers. It has been that way for about 18 months and hasn't peeled. I sort of like it but realize it is a fluke not worth trying to repeat.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a clear sticker with the black TLCA logo. I'm trying to think ahead to my next rig.

Eric V.

wesintl
09-12-2007, 03:57 PM
I dunno why i voted no.. it was the first thing that hit me about it.

I have some old Capital Land Cruiser Club stickers. They were B&W round about the same 3" size as the TLCA sticker. I've always liked it.

timmbuck2
09-12-2007, 05:33 PM
When will the TLCA store be back open? I need a new sticker for my 80, the one they sent this year when I renewed was mangled by the post office...

Hulk
09-12-2007, 10:23 PM
TLCA store will be back in a couple of weeks.

For a replacement sticker, just call Jenn. (800) 655-3810
I'm sure she'd send you a new one.